• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the yuji thing is blatant he gets hit, and he gets hit to the point it moves across his face.
In the first scene is clearly Uraume getting ready to put his heads up and they are up in the wide panel meaning he moved his hands to react. Now if we look at the distance from choso to Uraume it is undeniable that these characters would be able to cross that distance if they were hypersonic and punch Choso. This is painfully blatant.

Mach 3 is about 7.5x the speed of Mach 0.4, it isn’t really far fetched to have someone get blitzed by something that’s 7.5x their speed
Not really given the gap between current Maki and that version of Yuji is far above reason to suggest this.

Same maki, with supersonic+ hypersonic reactions via her own feats in that same arc.

To suggest current Maki is comparable to that Yuji is honestly ridiculous, and so Yuji being able to perform those speeds while being ambushed by several people goes to show the casualness of the feat. The gap makes absolutely no sense given the scale set up in the manga.

I mean the yuji thing is blatant he gets hit, and he gets hit to the point it moves across his face.
In the first scene is clearly Uraume getting ready to put his heads up and they are up in the wide panel meaning he moved his hands to react. Now if we look at the distance from choso to Uraume it is undeniable that these characters would be able to cross that distance if they were hypersonic and punch Choso. This is painfully blatant.
Just in case i have collected every piercing blood feat with Yuji minus ones that change course

Someone else recalced it at Subsonic, I forgot who did it
Yes and my thread pointed out why that speed was incorrect. It's subsonic using 60m/s per second which is not the correct speed to utilize for Maki's rubber bullet as it comes from low charge propellant rounds used by the government. Mai is using a magnum with realistic rubber bullets which have speeds > 220m/s.

Mind you Mai's bullet's were strong enough to completely knock Nobara unconscious and send her flying despite Mai shooting from dozens of meters away.

He didn't get by piercing blood

He got hit by supernova, which he wasn't expecting
So he has to be prepared against an attack that is several times slower than him? Another thing is even if he didn't get hit by it his reaction to it irrelevant given the distance.

So he has to be prepared against an attack that is several times slower than him? Another thing is even if he didn't get hit by it his reaction to it irrelevant given the distance.
So if you reread that chapter you'll notice that he was expecting piercing blood and notes that he can deal with it because of his tracing ability but then is shocked that choso seemingly doesn't fire anything.

Naoya almost makes it to him and then he's a instantly hit with supernova which if you recall is like a buck shot of blood heading in all directions.

So in essence he was completely caught off guard at point blank range with a buckshot attack that goes in all directions

Also if I recall correctly supernova is not stated to be any slower than piercing blood, it's actually born from the same blood convergence. It's also a unique move known only to choso

Meteor is the technique that is stated to be slower than piercing blood

Using just the speed of sound as a minimum, calc wise the feat gets over Mach 50. Now obviously this thread is here in the first place because of feat/statement discrepancy with calcs.
I'm just gonna say, please take that specific calc with a grain of salt because I am 99% sure I ****** up somewhere

If I remember right the only issue with the calculation is that it needs to use charge weight in the same fashion as the currently accepted calculation for orihime

PB is > sonic speeds not = to it.

Reaction/Combat speed is also different than movement speed.
Pb slows down, so its below it. Is the reaction speed lower or higher for Naoya?

And I know reaction and combat and movement are all different yet I can show you multiple times where people's movement speed blitzed people yet they scale below sos. Arguing they're different just hurts you, either the characters speeds are in the same tier or they are all different somehow and now you end up getting blitzed in other ways.

Also if I recall correctly supernova is not stated to be any slower than piercing blood, it's actually born from the same blood convergence. It's also a unique move known only to choso

Meteor is the technique that is stated to be slower than piercing blood
So we're assuming supernova is now scaling to pb? Piercing is hyped up to be very fast, why would supernova now also be on the level of it without any implications from the story?

So if you reread that chapter you'll notice that he was expecting piercing blood and notes that he can deal with it because of his tracing ability but then is shocked that choso seemingly doesn't fire anything.

Naoya almost makes it to him and then he's a instantly hit with supernova which if you recall is like a buck shot of blood heading in all directions.

So in essence he was completely caught off guard at point blank range with a buckshot attack that goes in all directions
The same tracing ability that isn't above sos? The same one that requires it to be continually used to make the user faster.

I'm just gonna say, please take that specific calc with a grain of salt because I am 99% sure I ****** up somewhere
How do we know Gojo dodged the explosion? In the anime, it doesn’t show him moving at the same time frame that the explosion goes off. For all we know, Gojo could have been in the center of the explosion, but jumped away after to reposition himself. He has Infinity on, so we can’t tell if he dodged it or was hit but not damaged

How do we know Gojo dodged the explosion? In the anime, it doesn’t show him moving at the same time frame that the explosion goes off. For all we know, Gojo could have been in the center of the explosion, but jumped away after to reposition himself. He has Infinity on, so we can’t tell if he dodged it or was hit but not damaged
Incorrect he turned off limitless to test the bugs.

in the anime he doesnt jump after.

Pretty the distance traveled shouldnt be the road, if u look here Gojo jumps to the left of him on the wall not across the road

0014-001.png

0014-004.png

0014-005.png

Pb slows down, so its below it. Is the reaction speed lower or higher for Naoya?
No? That's not how logic works.

IT is > sonic speeds so it slowing down does not equate to it going under sonic speeds. All of it is unquantifiable, we just know it's > sonic speed.

And that's assuming you take Gege as credible.
And I know reaction and combat and movement are all different yet I can show you multiple times where people's movement speed blitzed people yet they scale below sos. Arguing they're different just hurts you, either the characters speeds are in the same tier or they are all different somehow and now you end up getting blitzed in other ways.
Please show because we already showed multiple times that the speed of sound is not something particularly hard to guard against.

So we're assuming supernova is now scaling to pb? Piercing is hyped up to be very fast, why would supernova now also be on the level of it without any implications from the story?

The same tracing ability that isn't above sos? The same one that requires it to be continually used to make the user faster.
i dont know what to tell you on your last point, we see him react to piericing blood before it turns.

No? That's not how logic works.

IT is > sonic speeds so it slowing down does not equate to it going under sonic speeds. All of it is unquantifiable, we just know it's > sonic speed.

And that's assuming you take Gege as credible.

Please show because we already showed multiple times that the speed of sound is not something particularly hard to guard against.
Yeah sadly we don't know how much it's above sos, if you can prove that with some statements or something concrete then I could see that, otherwise it slows down and if we can't know the speed then we can't even calc it's speed which again makes the calc invalid and should not be calced.

Yeah sadly we don't know how much it's above sos, if you can prove that with some statements or something concrete then I could see that, otherwise it slows down and if we can't know the speed then we can't even calc it's speed which again makes the calc invalid and should not be calced.
Ok but then the feat is just useable not something that can be used as evidence for the speed of sound being a benchmark for the series, which leaves only statements about projection sorcery. Vs other hypersonic feats calced which can be used via this site lol. Several mods have said feats will take precedence if more consistent.

Ok but then the feat is just useable not something that can be used as evidence for the speed of sound being a benchmark for the series, which leaves only statements about projection sorcery. Vs other hypersonic feats calced which can be used via this site lol. Several mods have said feats will take precedence if more consistent.
If we can not have a speed for it then we can't calc it or else we are assuming a random number when we have no idea how slower it gets.

i do think like the proper gauge would be

maki feat: has to be subsonic to narratively work

Piercing blood reactions: cant be faster than > mach 1, given people's reaction to it being fast, even naoya

Kashimo's electricity has more statements of being like electricity, honestly recommend the mach 6 for hakari which was accepted by 1 calc member so far

I think gojo's feat is fine, might need recalc but the feat is legitimate

If we can not have a speed for it then we can't calc it or else we are assuming a random number when we have no idea how slower it gets.
Ok? That doesn't have anything to do with my point. If all we know is that the top speed is > supersonic and that it slows down some unquantifiable speed, then it is unuaseable. Not evidence the supersonic speed is a benchmark as I just said.

i do think like the proper gauge would be

maki feat: has to be subsonic to narratively work

Piercing blood reactions: cant be faster than > mach 1, given people's reaction to it being fast, even naoya

Kashimo's electricity has more statements of being like electricity, honestly recommend the mach 6 for hakari which was accepted by 1 calc member so far

I think gojo's feat is fine, might need recalc but the feat is legitimate
Yeah the verse should mainly be subsonic from goodwill to shibuya incident. Piercing blood feats like Yuji's shouldn't even be used or at least not the one where it hits him since that just invalidates it.

Ok? That doesn't have anything to do with my point. If all we know is that the top speed is > supersonic and that it slows down some unquantifiable speed, then it is unuaseable. Not evidence the supersonic speed is a benchmark as I just said.
Yeah and I'm telling you the calcs for it can't be applied if we don't know the speed of it.

Hikari already met several criteria for using lightning speed so that's the speed that will be used.
while i dont disagree that it shows properties, there is more direct comparison to electricity

mach 4000+ Hakiri is a bit we high, given even gojo's best shown feat is mach 50 ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back