• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, feat looks really vague when it comes to the explosion part, especially since in the next scene when Jogo gets him with a surprise attack, his Infinity is back on
well to be fair all he has to do is cease his deactivation of it. He wanted to see what the bugs do, and they couldnt jack right prior when limitless was active

i do think like the proper gauge would be

maki feat: has to be subsonic to narratively work

Piercing blood reactions: cant be faster than > mach 1, given people's reaction to it being fast, even naoya

Kashimo's electricity has more statements of being like electricity, honestly recommend the mach 6 for hakari which was accepted by 1 calc member so far

I think gojo's feat is fine, might need recalc but the feat is legitimate

while i dont disagree that it shows properties, there is more direct comparison to electricity

mach 4000+ Hakiri is a bit we high, given even gojo's best shown feat is mach 50 ish
No there isn't. It's specifically called lightning and when Kashimo hits Hikari from his staff which is supplanted several done meters away the manga specifically notes the return stroke being used it is specifically comparable to that of lightning.

You are assuming that feat is the height of his power though. That was a casual feat from Gojo so you cannot use it as a cap for him. Especially since Megumi with knowledge literally outpaced a gasoline explosion.

well to be fair all he has to do is cease his deactivation of it. He wanted to see what the bugs do, and they couldnt jack right prior when limitless was active
That’s part of my point though; for all we know, he could have heard the sound going off and then activated his Infinity once again. We don’t know when he turned back on his infinity, so the feat is vague

That’s part of my point though; for all we know, he could have heard the sound going off and then activated his Infinity once again. We don’t know when he turned back on his infinity, so the feat is vague
He compliments the move as impressive and in the anime we literally see them practically point blank as they detonate with him right there.

At worst the feat would shift to something like:

Likely

Well calcs are you using that don't involve Maki to scale the verse's mid tiers?
Wait why do you think I care about mid tiers? Maki is like the highest mid tiers and her feat serves more for high tier scaling prior to the culling games arc. But yes high tiers def have more feats for hypersonic if that's what you're asking.

I have no problem with mid tiers under Maki being around subsonic to sonic.

No there isn't. It's specifically called lightning and when Kashimo hits Hikari from his staff which is supplanted several done meters away the manga specifically notes the return stroke being used it is specifically comparable to that of lightning.

You are assuming that feat is the height of his power though. That was a casual feat from Gojo so you cannot use it as a cap for him. Especially since Megumi with knowledge literally outpaced a gasoline explosion.
I mean the gasoline Dodge is not going to be anywhere close to gojo's calc if the current distance turns out to be correct

I'm not trying to say it's the limit of his speed, I'm just saying Mach 50 to Mach 4000 plus is an insane gap, and even more so when everyone else is getting hit by the narrative obstacle that is Naoya

Also if you check my prior posts in this thread you'll notice that there are indeed more statements saying electricity than lightning

I don't really see any issue with Naoya scaling to Piercing Blood. His statement of it being frightening shouldn't really outweight the fact that he outright dodged it while caught by suprise. It's not like it would be contradictory, the only thing that's stated about the two is that PB > SoS and that Naoya > Subsonic.

Wait why do you think I care about mid tiers? Maki is like the highest mid tiers and her feat serves more for high tier scaling prior to the culling games arc. But yes high tiers def have more feats for hypersonic if that's what you're asking.

I have no problem with mid tiers under Maki being around subsonic to sonic.
I'm confused, maybe we don't disagree much, who do you think is mid tier in terms of speed that are in the culling games

I mean the gasoline Dodge is not going to be anywhere close to gojo's calc if the current distance turns out to be correct

I'm not trying to say it's the limit of his speed, I'm just saying Mach 50 to Mach 4000 plus is an insane gap, and even more so when everyone else is getting hit by the narrative obstacle that is Naoya

Also if you check my prior posts in this thread you'll notice that there are indeed more statements saying electricity than lightning
The gasoline dodged means Megumi pulled off several complex movements before the explosion reached him.

Once again though, it was casual, so it's not a cap for Gojo.

Do you think that Gojo would struggle with Kashimo? Do you think Gojo would do worse in reacting to his lightning than Hikari? Kashimo is going to be a character for scaling moving forward so his lighting speed is going to be a consistent barometer.

Yes, but the mechanics are consistently portrayed to be comparable to lightning with the explicit example of the return stroke being used and elaborated on in the chapter. Given that and it's several feats qualifying for lightning by wiki standards, that is the speed to be used.

I'm confused, maybe we don't disagree much, who do you think is mid tier in terms of speed that are in the culling games
I would consider current Megumi (Regi fight) as a gatekeeper for high tier currently with people that can hang with Yuta/Hikari top tier and Gojo/Sukuna god tier.

im only going to comment on the return stroke part, that is wrong

unknown.png

T/N explicitly states Gege didnt use the normal kanji for return stroke

IMG_20220615_213230.webp

t/n is right about the kanji being return electricity strike and not return stroke, i even had Arc check the raw

im only going to comment on the return stroke part, that is wrong

unknown.png

T/N explicitly states Gege didnt use the normal kanji for return stroke

IMG_20220615_213230.webp

t/n is right about the kanji being return electricity strike and not return stroke, i even had Arc check the raw
He is clearly referencing a lightning's return stroke even if it's labeled return strike.

Like, you do understand that lightning and electricity are not inherently different things correct? Lightning is a discharge of built up electricity using air molecules as the medium. So I don't understand why you are creating a difference between the two, especially when we are told that Kashimo's cursed jutsu works in a similar manner and fulfills mutlitple qualifiers for our wiki standards. A lot of these arguments seems to be trying to make cases outside of what the wiki has already laid out for us.

And one of the significant qualifiers for lightning is the damage done. The return stroke attack obliterated Hikari's mid section which regular lightning is not strong enough to do to humans making it easily quantifiable for lightning.

I'm not creating a difference between the two. What you just said about there being no differences is correct. I'm of the mind that the way the electricity is portrayed lines of well with it just being that.

Perhaps my take on it is more so divorced from wiki standards. The reason lightning is so fast has a lot more factors than what lightning standards are for the wiki.

If it works well with wiki standards go ahead and argue it up.

Would she not be detailed and use stroke if she meant stroke? She also got someone to help her on this and still uses strike even though stroke is the proper word when talking about return stroke.

I'm not creating a difference between the two. What you just said about there being no differences is correct. I'm of the mind that the way the electricity is portrayed lines of well with it just being that.
If you don't think there is a difference between the two then why would you argue for mach 6?
Perhaps my take on it is more so divorced from wiki standards. The reason lightning is so fast has a lot more factors than what lightning standards are for the wiki.
Like what? The only factor you could point to would be strength of the charge built up, but once again, that would also directly be correlated to strength of the bolt, and regular lightning bolt do no incinirate sections of people. So by that logic, Kashimo's bolt is clearly using a magnitude of built of electrical charge for stronger than a regular odd lightning bolt even utilizing real life standards.

That's where my confusion lies.

If you don't think there is a difference between the two then why would you argue for mach 6?

Mainly because the narrative can support either speed, and mach 6 is more narratively consistent with the gege's current route with the manga

Like what?

well that gets into a whole thing on cloud to ground lightning, distance of could, air resistance, the current wiki used average being a bit high end for speed, etc.

im not going to debate that here, nor do i intend to try and change anything regarding the standards for the wiki. As such, letting you guys deal with what end you go with hakari

Im just saying the mach 6 end is much cleaner Currently for the story

Mainly because the narrative can support either speed, and mach 6 is more narratively consistent with the gege's current route with the manga
Where are you getting a mach 6 figure from? An electrical discharge moving through air is not going to net that speed.
well that gets into a whole thing on cloud to ground lightning, distance of could, air resistance, the current wiki used average being a bit high end for speed, etc.
Yes, and the wiki has standards for things being compared to cloud to ground lightning. Clouds do not have some special property. It's a build of of energy of a specific charge that is then propagated to another target of different charge which is specifically how Kashimo's technique works. And he satisfies multiple criteria for lightning equivalence.
im not going to debate that here, nor do i intend to try and change anything regarding the standards for the wiki. As such, letting you guys deal with what end you go with hakari

Im just saying the mach 6 end is much cleaner Currently for the story
Oh I see, I was more so confused on why you were using mach 6 in the first place given we are talking about lightning but I may have missed it

Where are you getting a mach 6 figure from? An electrical discharge moving through air is not going to net that speed.

Yes, and the wiki has standards for things being compared to cloud to ground lightning. Clouds do not have some special property. It's a build of of energy of a specific charge that is then propagated to another target of different charge which is specifically how Kashimo's technique works. And he satisfies multiple criteria for lightning equivalence.

Oh I see, I was more so confused on why you were using mach 6 in the first place given we are talking about lightning but I may have missed it
mach 6 is hakari's reaction

using mach 1.6 for electricity in air, the low end currently accepted on the wiki

Clouds do not have some special property. It's a build of of energy of a specific charge that is then propagated to another target of different charge which is specifically how Kashimo's technique works. And he satisfies multiple criteria for lightning equivalence.

will i more so meant ligntning speeds are also dependent on specifically the conditions forming lightning in clouds, with a really strong PD difference between the clouds and the ground, and the specific properties of the atmospheres

mach 6 is hakari's reaction

using mach 1.6 for electricity in air, the low end currently accepted on the wiki

I see, did you read that blog?

That is used for non lethal amounts of electricity. Here is the expounding on the blog you reference

"
The speed of electricity is really complicated and I don't think it's fair to use the low end found in non-harmful electricity traveling through a homemade coil gun.

We should evaluate the medium, the energy level/output, and state why it's comparable to electricity used in attacks, etc.

Additionally, electricity tagging a target moves faster. As it moves towards something, instead of dispersing."

Both times Kashimo used his technique, it lead to effects > actual real lightning. Which is why him covering several of our factors for lightning speed is so important: creating electrolysis, numbing effects, Heat Explosion from transfer of heat energy, conducting through metals, discharge of electric build up.

fair i guess

as for the gojo dodge thing, ill look into how to calc it tomorrow, unless someone want to try a crack at it
I am trying to see if i can calc the wall that he jumps on but i cant find any height for the walls but I may be able to use the squares height themselves and get the height of the wall from there.

so official is out

0194-010.png

so its might not be a speed-durability cap for the verse
its just naoya is a glass cannon
he doesnt remotely compare to hanami in dura for example

Kamo does however state naoya is faster than anything, which would include hanami

so official is out

0194-010.png

Kamo does however state naoya is faster than anything, which would include hanami
It seems more so too me the faster he is the stronger and more durable he is. Since he is increase durability to match the KE of his speed.

TBF Kamo has never seen a serious Hanami only a suppressed one. But regardless he should be faster since he's faster than Yuji who kept up with Serious Hanami.

Also if going glass cannon, his shell thing is definitely higher than his tentacles.

someone had an excellent idea in the past, and it was that staments are an at least and not a total scaling (example: a character can destroy a solar system, but it is many times larger than it actually is)maybe that will work.

sometimes that always happens,like in naruto,there is lika a lot of staments about character being light speed,but never someone is faster,that's way it should be a at least,and not a definite scaling.
like medaka using skills for going faster than light,when she surpass that speed and even go on the same speed of kumagawa,that can beat ajimu najimi who is immeasurable speed

so official is out

0194-010.png

Really went and said Naoya is faster than anything. Does Gege just have it out for y'all or something? 😭

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back