• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Josuke Higashikata vs Glynda Goodwitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bombarding Crazy Diamond is a no from me, I already explained why.

I asked for sources Weekly, not excuses. I'm asking to see her fights myself, otherwise I can't just assume that the biggest RWBY fan isn't being biased again.

You haven't explained how CD deals with raining giant icicles and multiple spears coming at josuke simultaneously at all

Well then you're going to have to wait a few days until I get home as I'm out of town at the moment and don't have access to my copies of the rwby manga

You have not provided scans that crazy diamond can be in multiple places simultaneously so you have yet to explain HOW he punches them all at the same time when they're all moving at the same speed CD is moving at so he can't out speed them

Because he's mobile and flexible enough to kick the ones outside of his punching range, destroy all the ones within his field of vision, and snap around and demolish the other ones with a kick.

If by some chance one does hit Josuke, oh well, he's survived punches from his own stand so not a big deal. He will eventually get hit, it's just going to be too spread out throughout the fight to really matter.

StarPlatAfterimages
Not here to debate whether or not it applies to CD, but here's a delivery for a Mr. ProfessorLord on Star Platinum making afterimages

Crazy Diamond gives Josuke a hug then and his own armor blocks him from the piercing aspect of the attack, again, assuming that he fails his duty of punching it in the first place.

Crazy Diamond has a lot of openings in his armor though and anything that hits those spots will be reflected back onto josuke

Actually is there even proof that different parts of Crazy Diamond's body body are more durable? Scans?

Show me where it says the little bubbles on his gloves are much more durable than the rest of his body

It's implied throughout his fight with Silver Chariot, where he specifically blocks with the back of his hand or punches the sword while it is flat. He never tanks it with his arm at any point. He is obviously trying to not get touched by it.

He even headbutts and breaks the sword with his little metal crown. It's metal and obviously not part of the stand, otherwise Jotaro's hands would have been bleeding all over the floor.

That's also kinda how physics work, a shape like that diverts and disperses more force than a flat surface.

Cool, now where was it stated that SP has armor

Also when has CD ever done the hug armor tactic that your describing?

If the part he used to block and his hands had the same durability, there would be no reason for him to go through the trouble of blocking like that. You don't need 100% explicit statements of every little thing.

You can also see how in that vid the swords sometimes draw blood or have other more substantial affects when hitting areas that aren't those hands.

No I'm not trolling at all

During her first ever fight she did exactly as I'm describing, where has CD ever done what you're describing?

What you're arguing is that Crazy Diamond can't huddle around Josuke and protect him from projectiles if that's what the situation demands. You do realize this, right?

You're literally arguing that using his stand to block an attack is out of character, just because he hasn't been in that specific situation.

Also, you asked where Star Platinum has armor. Haven't you watched JoJo or even have a little knowledge about it before? That's why I think you're trolling; you're trying to argue over every little thing that you don't like despite you being able to research it or google it yourself.

If you literally googled a picture of Star Platinum, you would have had your answer.

No I don't mean her aura, I meant the forcefield she creates with her semblance. She was able to block one of Cinder's attacks with it.

That's not on the file, so it may be considered an outlier. Also can't he just hit somewhere else? How big's the forcefield?

Aura isn't passive (retconned that shit out a long time ago)

It can be turned on and is a second nature, but its not passive per-se

Her profile says forcefield creation twice. One in reference to her aura and the other for her semblance.

Her forcefield is large enough to cover her and a few others. It's a giant purple glyph.

I just said if Josuke gets close and avoid all her attacks, Glynda may put up a forcefield. Escpecially if her projectiles from debris come flying back.

Forcefield size in question.

Not to mention she can fire her own projectiles without the use of debris. As seen in episode 1. Josuke can't fix those back, and I don't know if CD's armor is enough to block those without taking damage. They also have an erratic flight pattern when targeting an enemy, going all around to hit them. Josuke may not be able to handle several seeminly-random projectiles being thrown at him. Even with hugging. At least a few projectiles will hit CD's skin and in turn Josuke.

I mean it looks like that only covers one side of her. He also seems to have an AP advantage, or at least is comparable, so just hitting it until it breaks isn't out of the question.

That's what I meant, but it's pretty wide. Josuke going around isn't a possibility cause his stand may not reach all aroud. Not actually sure if it can break, at least with CD's AP. Glynda did block one of Cinder's attacks. Which was 8-B as well. Don't know the specific ton, but Weekly does though.

Now that I think about it, Josuke could just get as close as he could to the forcefield and have Crazy DIamond Appear between it and Glynda.

Now the question is how would he get close if she's got every base covered like Bad Company? Especially when she's got counter measures that Bad company didn't have? He can't hide like he did with Kira in a building cause Glynda could just bring it all down.

Yeah Glynda's not gonna be able to survive CQC with Josuke.

Still, Josuke is in danger trying to get to her. Ice storm, projectiles, debris, it's an onslaught.

Josuke will never be able to get close to her as they start at a range where she can just keep him back beyond CD's range with TK attacks and projectiles

I still feel like we need to establish how he's gonna close in on her. Cause I don't see him getting close as of now, regardless of however she uses her TK.

If Josuke does get close I'm voting for him, but for now I'm voting Glynda as I just can't see him being able to handle everything Glynda throws at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back