• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Josuke Higashikata vs Glynda Goodwitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean... it's kind of obvious that Josuke wins, right?

He's got the AP advantage (again, roughly floating above the 2x range), she can't see his stand and will probably assume he has the exact same semblance as her, he can demolish everything she throws at him, and even if she does use her TK on him (which I don't believe is in character, otherwise she would have used it on Cinder in the first episode) he can hold himself in place with Crazy Diamond (who is immune to it on the basis that telekinesis requires an object, which by definition implies material, something a stand is not).

His win condition? Either he gets in range and beats her to death, or he bombards her with projectiles of his own. Her win condition? Bombard him with projectiles.

I just see his being more plausible and easier to reach. I don't see Crazy Diamond losing to a bunch of projectiles he can punch and restore away if they're too large. If he gets in range, he does her a hulk and smashes her into the ground over and over. Good luck trying to use her semblance then. That being said, I vote with Josuke.

Telekinesis doesn't require an object as telekinesis itself is just a force, there was was a long discussion about this some time ago

And yes it's in character for her to ragdoll opponents with tk, she's done so in basically every fight she's been in other than the Cinder fight

And yes it's in character for her to ragdoll opponents with tk, she's done so in basically every fight she's been in other than the Cinder fight

tel┬Àe┬Àki┬Àne┬Àsis

nou

1. the supposed ability to move objects at a distance by mental power or other nonphysical means.
ob┬Àject

1. 1.
a material thing that can be seen and touched.

What whack revision was that??

If he has something to base himself off of like a wall, he'd be able to through AP.

Glynda can also make a storm to bombard josuke with giant icicles wgile attacking him with her own attacks to keep crazy diamond off balance

Then Crazy Diamond rips off a piece of concrete and keeps it in his hand.

He punches and shatters all the giant icicles and projectiles pretty easily, reverting their momentum with his ability if needed. He continues to do this until satisfied, he then reverts the small piece of concrete in his hand and returns himself to the ground.

Of course, he could also just have Crazy Diamond grab onto the ground and pull himself to her.

If I can find a scene where Star Platinum or Crazy Diamond grapple, we can scale their lifting strength. In that case, they would both be Class K and about even.

While crazy diamond is doing that glynda is attacking josuke from multiple different angles with telekinetically controlled spears of concrete from outside crazy diamond's range

As if those 9-B spears of concrete are going to pose a threat for him. Crazy Diamond can casually kick and shatter them to pieces, reverting ones that are too large before they touch Josuke.

Can I get a link to that telekinesis thread? I just don't believe it.

They're 8-B actually, and they can be Reformed instantly if destroyed, and if crazy diamond tries to stop the spears josuke gets impaled with giant icicles.

ProfessorLord said:
If I can find a scene where Star Platinum or Crazy Diamond grapple, we can scale their lifting strength. In that case, they would both be Class K and about even.
Didn't CD break through SP's guard in one punch?

I don't know how they're 8-B but it's fine for the sake of argument. They can't reform if they're constantly being reverted by Crazy Diamond's ability, cancelling each other out.

Star Platinum is already fast enough to create several afterimages, and is fast enough to keep up with Silver Chariot who can create several afterimages. Crazy Diamond being as fast or faster than Star Platinum means that he can too. This multi-directional attack isn't going to be an issue, Weekly.

I don't know if breaking through someones guard is lifting strength. Maybe if he pried it open with his hands, but probably not punching.

Scans of CD creating afterimages? You cannot claim it is able to if it has never actually done so regardless of how fast it is.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
CD's ability is one of the most circumstantial, at least of the stands that have been in the anime thus far.
I just completely butchered the actual meaning of circumstantial lol

Every time he throws his punch, his upper body leaves prominent afterimages.

He's as fast as Star Platinum and Silver Chariot, both of whom can create afterimages.

I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to.

Creating afterimages with punches =/= Being able to create full body physical afterimages. He'd need an actual feat of being able to do so in order for you to argue that he can.

Speed is equalized as well so creating afterimages by being faster than the opponent doesnt work here.

Well because I don't want to look through the manga again, I will concede for now.

However, since he consistently creates afterimages with his arms and is able to catch opponents much faster than him with the sheer number of punches he throws alone (RHCP), I think it's safe to say him being bombarded by projectiles is the least effective strategy.

@Weekly I only see one fight for Gylnda ever. The other times she's been shown using her ability is to repair objects or just use her weapon to fight, according to the RWBY wiki. Show me the other fights she's been in.

This is relevant to the fight. Can someone link the thread where people said TK can affect the intangible? If not then I'm assuming it's incorrect and false.

I asked JustSomeWeirdo and he said only if it has demonstrated the ability to. You can't assume all forms of TK can affect the intangible, which is exactly what I thought.

Bombarding him with projectiles from multiple different angles all of which are moving just as fast as CD due to speed being equalized

Shes fought several times in the show as well as offhanded useses of her tk and she literally ragdolls objevts and opponents with her tk. Shes never used her crop as an actual weapon, im not sure why it says that. There are also some feats from the manga too but those sxans will be harder to get as theyre not readily available online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back