• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Joseph Joestar VS Qrow Branwen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be mistaken, but Prof is correct in that there is no rule specifying the status of bystanders in VS Threads. Might be something for a CRT on the SBA page.

Watch the fight against Winter, he blew a huge hole in ground while students were literally surrounding him, proceeded to take shots at Winter that were damaging parts of buildings, made craters and damaged structures from offhanded attacks, and threw out air slashes again while students were near him

It's still her property, and to be fair he was heavily intoxicated when he got in a fight with Winter. I'm sure he wasn't in the right mind and considering others at that moment.

I didn't state in the OP that he was intoxicated in this fight, though.

Dargoo Faust said:
Qrow has a massive ego, though, and Weekly is correct in that he would assume he can keep the situation under wraps.
That assumption is coming from the same guy who has already made the decision that he is too much trouble and travels and lives on his own whenever possible. Why now is he so sure that he can keep the situation under wraps when he knows everything can go wrong for everyone else?

WeeklyBattles said:
Qrow is a functioning alcoholic, he is almost always drunk on some level
I don't see anything on his page stating that he is always going to be drunk whenever you see him, nor is it okay to say that just because he's an alcoholic he's always drunk.

Unless he has different biology it's also still going to impair his decision making.

EDIT: His page says "He's sometimes intoxicated when he fights." which leads me to believe it is up to choice whether or not this fight is taking place while he is drunk. I have created the thread, I am going to say no, he is not drunk.

ProfessorLord said:
Dargoo Faust said:
I'd agree, but sadly Qrow has only been in two real fights that we've seen in the series, and right off the bat he's wreaking havoc in a populated area. Actions generally speak louder than words, or statements in this case. The second fight, is, as you said, in an abadoned village, so we only have the one fight to go off of.

@Professor Every time we see Qrow he's either in a bar, drinking from his flask while going somewhere, or fighting someone. Winter even stated that "He's always drunk" and Mercury stated that Qrow always smells like his late father who was an alcoholic

@Dargoo he has only caused havoc in a populated area when he is drunk, which he is later reprimanded for. The other building thing Weekly brings up is in a desolated city. It's already been destroyed by Grimm. There is nobody living there nor planning to live there.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Professor Every time we see Qrow he's either in a bar, drinking from his flask while going somewhere, or fighting someone. Winter even stated that "He's always drunk" and Mercury stated that Qrow always smells like his late father who was an alcoholic
Seeing a character drinking often and being referenced by other characters to be an alcoholic is still a large leap in logic to assume he is infinitely intoxicated.

If a character is drunk a majority of the time, would it be out of character to make them explictly not drunk in a match? Just an idle thought.

Again, the main issue is that's one of the two times in total we see him fight.

It's presumtuous to use a different version of him in a fight by default, as the default should be how he typically is in a fight.

I really agree; honestly I feel Qrow's character has really changed from Vol 3 to 4/5, however we need to go off of what we have.

@Apies I assume you'd treat the condition of a character the same way you would treat equipment, it's up to discretion in what condition they are and what equipment they have.

We already restrict and alter conditions of characters by having them know about each other in advance.

Okay, so everyone is in agreement that Qrow is willing to take explosive potshots at a crowd just because Joseph is there with them?

@Professor Qrow was drinking even after Tyrian poisoned him which by all intents and purposes would have made the poison spread FASTER, its not a leap in logic to say that Qrow is constantly drunk on some level, just that his level of drunkenness varies

ProfessorLord said:
Okay, so everyone is in agreement that Qrow is willing to take explosive potshots at a crowd just because Joseph is there with them?
Nope. I'm just talking about the environmental destruction and how cocky he is in assuming he can keep a fight under wraps.

However, you are right in thea the rules don't go over bystanders, which I think is a frankly large loophole here.

ProfessorLord said:
Keep in mind this is the same character who has already decided he was too much trouble and has secluded himself from everyone to spare them from bad luck.

ProfessorLord said:
Keep in mind this is the same character who has already decided he was too much trouble and has secluded himself from everyone to spare them from bad luck.
Yeah, it doesn't make sense. But that's just how he acts in a fight. That fact was revealed in Vol 4/5, which likely had changes in his character than how he's portrayed in Vol 3, and sadly 50% of his fights are in vol 3, alongside 100% of his fights in a populated area.

And no, he won't kill bystanders. That is a frankly large loophole in the rules, and I think it needs to be adressed seperately here.

It really depends on the thinkness of the crowd and Joseph's location in said crowd. No, I really don't think Qrow is going to fire off into a shoulder to shoulder crowd. We should also take into account just where the fight with Winter happened. On school grounds, in a school to train Hunters, people trained to use Aura. It was pretty sparce too IIRC.

Okay, then for some reason I will assume that everyone has left Central Park entirely and that Qrow is willing to cause enviornmental damage.

The argument in hand is whether or not Joseph can really reach Qrow, since Qrow can take his distance and still be harming Joseph.

Not too much of a problem since Joseph has managed to outspeed DIO, who is capable of outright flying and chasing him. Hermit Purple stretches from at least the length of an small-mid sized building, seen in both the anime and the manga . From Qrow's perspective, Joseph has the ability to fly and he can move as fast as DIO while doing it. Since speed is equalized, this means Joseph can "fly" just as fast as Qrow can run away.

He can literally reach wherever Qrow is hiding and entangle him with Hermit Purple & Hamon. Sure he might get shot while doing it but that's not enough to harm Joseph if he can survive 64 ton point-blank debris from DIO without bleeding.

He can also make bodyarmor out of Hermit Purple, but I don't know if it would make much of a difference other than cushoning the blow a little. It's probably like wearing a pillow while a car hits you; you'd rather have it than not have it.

I mean, considering this is New York we're talking about, the crow will be pretty massive, with more people than the total amount of people in Beacon in one block.

Correct, because he has never took the opportunity to bird stealth against Winter nor that weird crazy guy, whatever his name is.

If he has only had two fights and he has not bird stealthed as you put it, then we cannot assume he is going to do so now, right? Isn't that what you told me?

He actually did use it against Tyrian, he lead with it, its how he intercepted Tyrian attacking Ruby

Also he used it in the fight against Leo and Hazel to get a vantage point

He never used it in combat, leading with it is his opening move. Then he gets a shot or whatever on Joseph, nice, he brushes himself off and runs away to think of a plan.

He realizes his opponent cannot see Hermit Purple after a quick test, then figures out that he can chase him down with it and appear as if he can fly. A crow transforms into a man and shoots Joseph from a vantage, ow. He brushes it off and then chases Qrow down, eventually entangling the man and forcing him to engage in hand-to-hand where Joseph is going to win via hamon.

Even if Qrow does not want to reveal himself, he can use Hermit Purple on something as simple as dirt to find out where Qrow is, looks over and sees a crow. Doesn't take an expert to figure out that he can shapeshift, he figured out that DIO could stop time from Kakyoin breaking a clock, lol, this is much less of a detective stretch.

Qrow is trained to kill, if he's doing a stealth takedown he's going to aim for a vital, Joseph isnt walking away from that

Qrow isnt clumsy enough to let Joseph see him transform, he can do so while moving, and its instantaneous

> going for a vital

> ~18 tons vs 64 tons

No, even going for a vital is going to be a small little cut or slash. If he cuts his throat open Joseph can close it off with Hermit Purple anyway.

He doesn't need to see Qrow transforming if he's in his crow form. He uses Hermit Purple, it tells him his exact location, he looks where and can see a bird standing there.

He pretends to walk by the crow but has Hermit Purple wrap itself around the bird and pump it with hamon, giving him a win.

Once again Qrow is way, way above 18 tons, you yourself even said that the gap is likely only a bit over 2x

Qrow wouldnt be dumb enough to stay close to Joseph in his crow form, he almost exclusively uses it to stay at a distance

If he knows his opponent can't see his stand after his test, and he can't find his opponent, it's safe to assume he'll wrap it around his vital parts as a cushon. He did so against DIO, though for slightly different reasons.

This is also assuming Qrow manages to sneak up and attack him. He'll probably grab it with his prosthetic arm in time, which is enough to soak up blows from 50 tons Silver Chariot pretty easily.

I need to see a sneaking feat for Qrow if we're being honest, how is he going to sneak up to him in dead silence? Is he Batman levels of sneaking?

You can't say how close Qrow's AP is to Josseph's as he gets it from scaling, which doesn't usually work on direct AP multipliers like we have. It's fair to say he isn't significantly weaker than Joseph, however you can't say he's "at least xtimes weaker or stronger".

There is an abundance of crows in New York City, Qrow doesnt need to have batman stealth, he can hide in plain sight

Then again he did follow RNJR for months without any of them noticing, not even Ren with his ESP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back