• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Joseph Joestar VS Qrow Branwen

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Professor and the thing Hermit Purple grabs onto ends up breaking and Joseph still fals onto the tracks. Qrow could literally just follow him around the city as a crow and force bad luck on Joseph until he gets hit by a car or crushed by something falling on him or any one of the numerous bad things that could happen to him in a highly populated and dangerous city like New York

I think it's pretty obvious he got in the coffin beforehand, not while the explosion was inches away from both him and Jonathan, and he managed to break out of his grip, use his veins to throw Jonathan into a coffin and hopped in with him, all before the explosion touched them.

Unless you're thinking he did that. I think that means relativistic speeds JoJo, then.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Professor and the thing Hermit Purple grabs onto ends up breaking and Joseph still fals onto the tracks. Qrow could literally just follow him around the city as a crow and force bad luck on Joseph until he gets hit by a car or crushed by something falling on him or any one of the numerous bad things that could happen to him in a highly populated and dangerous city like New York
Yes, this red industrial support column collapses under the weight a mere person.

I know Qrow collapsed a building but at least it was because he was physically damaging it. This is out of the realm of just bad luck, you would need Murphy's Law level of bad luck for that to happen which he has not demonstrated.

Also, Joseph could see him transform into a crow, could he not? It's also out of character for him to transform into a crow and follow his opponent till they die, I think.

Hey, his semblance made a roof collapse when Tyrian stepped on it despite he himself being able to stand on it just fine.

Causing someone to be crushed isnt Murhpy's Law level bad luck, he's already demonstrated that he can make it happen with his semblance, and it would be even more likely to happen in a place like new york.

Qrow is extremely stealthy when transforming into a crow, and he can do so instantaneously, and he was able to be stealthy as a crow to the point where he was following team RNJR around for months and they never noticed until he revealed himself to bail them out against Tyrian. Qrow also remains in his crow form for a lot of his recon missions, its entirely in character for him to follow people around as a crow for extended periods of time.

I know, but that's different from having Joseph trip onto the tracks of a train and try to use a support column for leverage only to have it suddenly crumble when Hermit Purple wraps around it. In his fight with Tyrian that was like the only bad thing that happened to him. In his fight with Winter the only bad thing that happened to her was she was scolded. You're implying that he can suddenly use it with such frequency that Joseph is unable to do anything right, which he has not demonstrated.

This is not a recon mission, this is a fight against Joseph Joestar he is getting himself into. They both see each other and get in a verbal altercation which causes them to fight to the death. I did not say he that Qrow gets prep time in this fight.

Again i bring up the example of Ruby, who is consistently able to land extremely precise shots with her sniper rifle even at close range and who just seconds before Qrow showed up was able to make a precision shot over Tyrian's shoulder, being unable to hit a close target that is standing still due to Qrow being there. Qrow's semblance can absolutely affect someone's ability to fight or take actions properly and he has demonstrated the ability to make such a thing happen, and this was done without focusing his bad luck.

How exactly do they get into a verbal altercation when theyre hundreds of meters apart lol? The gap beween them would also be more motive for Qrow to sneak attack as a crow, and a park provides perfect cover for a man disguised as a bird.

There's a lot of room for error for shooting from a distance with a rifle that needs for you to account for the sway of the gun, the air, etc versus having Joseph walk up and throw a punch.

Okay, Joseph is pretty vigilante when he needs to be, seeing as how the entire plot involved him being on the look out for enemy stands. They accuse little girls, fog, and even each other of being enemy stand users, not that farfetched for him to react in time or expect Qrow to transform from a crow back into a man and attack him with his weapon.

Joseph thinks Qrow is someone working for DIO, and Qrow recieves information that Joseph is an enemy of the state. They see each other a hundred meters away, fight.

Qrow should take this. Old Joseph, while cunning, suffers from the JoJo curse of being pretty unlucky. Couple that with Qrow's passive luck manipulation, and the fact that Old Joseph isn't a straight up fighter and more of a stratagist, and you have yourself an endgame.

Hermit Purple and Hamon are useless, thanks to Qrow's aura and HP's pathetic AP. And quick thinking and strategic planning will only get you so far in a face to face battle like this.

Someone doesn't like to read.

Joseph's hamon has been established to bypass aura. You can see the Jonathan Joestar vs Ruby Rose fight for the reason why.

I'd like to point out that Joseph literally broke the curse of the three JoJo's before them always succumbing to tragedy in the end. He's the only JoJo to have lived a full life without being murdered. The events that transpire at the end of Battle Tendency is extremely lucky, to say the least, so I think he's good on that front.

If you reply with other reasons or still believe he loses than I will add your vote.

To be fair, he did lose his hand in the process, and his wife finding out about the affair sure wasn't lucky.

But I digress. The main point is that Qrow will actually fight Joseph mano a mano, Old Joseph thus far has solved most of his problems with quick wit and some prep. If his encounter with DIO is anything to go by, he's not going to survive Qrow hacking and slashing at him.

Going up against four aztec gods one by one and being blasted into the air by a volcano, and in the end you lost your non-dominant arm? Really? That's some real luck. Pretty lucky that he went senile around the time the affair got out, too.

He can't fight DIO because he's faster than Joseph by a shit ton, can regenerate from fatal wounds, etc. Of course his reaction was to run away and devise a plan. But this is Qrow, a >18 ton fighter versus 64 tons. He's going to block his sword with his prosthetic arm over and over, eventually having his hamon accumulate in Qrow through physical contact with his scythe. His movements and body gets stiff from the energy overriding his bodily controls, Joseph proceeds to KO.

I will count your vote, though.

Again, no. Polnareff only harmed DIO because he is using a sword and not punching him. It exerts the roughly 50 tons of force he has on a smaller surface area of DIO, letting him punch through and make a small hole regardless of the small gap that would ordinarily make it impossible.

He was also knocked out and thrown through a wall by a single casual hit from him, so he's definitely not 64 tons. If they don't have the +, it means they are roughly around 50 tons, but no higher, in fact likely a fair amount lower.

I think I should mention Joseph's luck since Qrow's semblance is all about bad luck.

Through a mixture of his smooth talking, skills and general tactician prowress mixed with dumb luck, Joseph has managed to:

- He has been in a plane crash not once, twice or even three times, but on FOUR separate occasions. In each one he has managed to survive through quick thinking, such as altering the course last second, using the seats as cushons, having Hermit Purple override the controls, etc. One of them he had a immortal aztec god actively chasing him at super speeds. Every plane had passengers as well, and he managed to make sure they all survive too.

- Has consistently tricked EVERY pillar men, a group of aztec vampires who have lived for thousands of years and have just as much combat experience to back it up. One of them has been confirmed to have an IQ of 400, with the others being somewhat comparable.

- Defeated the vampire Straizo with minimal to no preparation time. He consistently avoided his laser eye beams by managing to position shot glasses enfused with hamon in a very specific way, causing them to be deflected. Impressive when you consider his Hypersonic grandfather Jonathan Joestar was unable to ever evade said attack.

- Was at the right place, right time when he happened to use Hermit Purple to find an unattended drum of pure coal tar within a third world country. Who leaves drums of pure coal tar out in the open? He utilized it to seize movement from a stand that was apart of his own body.

- Has survived the explosion of a volcano despite being beside the opening. He and Kars were both launched on top of a platform, safe and sound, when suddenly more rocks shot through only on Kars's side, sending the immortal into space somehow.

To be honest, since he's been in really really bad scenarios and he has managed to get through them with his own smarts and general luck, I am inclined to say Qrow's semblance is not going to be too much of an issue for Joseph.

The only reason he does not have Supernatural Luck is because it requires it to be an explicit ability

Dang, remind me never to debate with Prof on JoJo.

(Speedwagon upgrade intensifies)

Okay:

Thats a pretty big leap in logic to assume he'd expect his opponent to be a bird for basically no reason. Also Qrow was able to avoid the likes of Ren's ESP despite constantly fighting and killing grimm while following RNJR.

With that scenario then yes Qrow would lead with bird stealth.

I mean Qrow isnt stupid, if he sees his opponent doing the same thing over and over in a fight he's going to switch up his fighting style. And i dont think Joseph is going to enjoy having that explosive buckshot hit him at point blank range.

- The Pillar Men also consistently underestimate the likes of humans, even Kars after becoming the Ultimate Lifeform retains a lethal amount of overconfidence that gets him killed, so much for his 400+ IQ. Also just going to point out that the number for an IQ means basically nothing here, just look at Brainstorm.

- Again that was Young Joseph, this is Old Joseph who is less willing to spam Hamon. Plus the shot glasses were prep time, he made them after the initial encounter and preped them beforehand to use in the second encounter, and he only reflected it properly because he knew where Straizo was going to shoot beforehand due to seeing where Straizo aims in the first encounter.

So all in all the only real advantages Joseph has over Qrow are AP/Dura by a bit and if he hits Qrow with enough Hamon he can win, but he's not willing to lead with it off the bat. Qrow dominates him in CQC, has far better range, bird stealth would catch Joseph off guard, Qrow's semblance would bombard Joseph with bad luck and mess up any impromptu prep time, and Joseph's unwillingness to lead with Hamon off the bat would be his downfall.

Ehhhhh.

I have some issues with that. I'll wait for Prof to comment, as some supporting intelligence feats would help, but that would be like ignoring a statement of intelligence. Sure, Professor Farnsworth doesn't act like he's a supergenius in every context, be we don't discount his intelligence for that.

IQ does matter, and Brainstorm should actually be treated as that intelligent. He's shown to be comparable to Azmuth in a scene.

@Dargoo Unfortunately everyone else thinks otherwise, and Brainstorm isnt even a contender for the smartest character of his tier

That's just ignoring his actual feats. I'm using a library computer now so I'd rather not open a video, but just look up "Brainstorm and Azmuth".

Man, how long has this Qrow guy been fighting for? And semblance can be pretty haxy depending on the character.

Ill change my vote to Qrow just because i really despise Part 3 Joseph

"Far superior Combat Skill"

looks at part 2

no reason he would suddenly become less skilled

@Asuka He's been fighting since he was a child and even with no formal training he was able to become so skilled that by the time he was the proper age he got into Beacon through sheer skill which normally requires years of training at a combat school for several years to do, he then went on to train directly under Ozpin and became skilled enough that he entrusted him with the power to become birds and had him join his inner circle. He spent basically his entire adult life running solo missions for Ozpin deep in enemy territory

Yet Joseph has far better skill feats as a tactition. What little we see of Qrow fighting (Primarily his fights with Winter and Tyrian) don't give us much to go on, he's certainly a skilled hand to hand combatant and swordsman, but he appears to take a very direct approach outside of the occasional combat trick.

Nearly every fight Joseph has been in, up to and including part 3, has had some sort of plan he enacted to fool his opponents, cleverly tricking them where they least expect it. He might have not practiced Hamon in a while, but his hand to hand skills should be the same, and I believe he still has access to his clackers, which you can just watch his fight with Esidisi to see how skilled he is with that.

You can go on about Qrow's experience, yet Jospeh uses it far more practically and tactically.

@Dargoo Yes, Joseph has better tatics, Qrow is far more skilled in direct combat, but a lot of joseph's tatics are formed from prior encounterr, knowledge beforehand, and prep time, something he wont have here and that Qrow's semblance will screw over if he tries to set up mid-combat.

Old Joseph doesnt hvae his clackers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back