• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure General Discussion Thread III: Stardust Crusaders

Genericstickman said:
Didn't Araki say that time stop has no air in it?
Yeah

In fact, from what I've been told, when he last came too Italy for an anime convention (a few moths ago), he said that The World has those Oxygen Cylinders on his back to breath in Frozen Time. As for Star Platinum, he just holds his breath.

Does this mean that Jotaro and DIO can survive in places without air thanks to their stands?

Yeah

In fact, from what I've been told, when he last came too Italy for an anime convention (a few moths ago), he said that The World has those Oxygen Cylinders on his back to breath in Frozen Time. As for Star Platinum, he just holds his breath.

wait what lmao

I mean, Jotaro managed to hold on under water for a while thanks to Star Platinum. If this is true, this case shouldn't be any different.

Well, this slightly crashes with DIO speculating that he could stop time forever and the idea of him having a trauma.

Maybe the World has an infinite/evergrowing supply of oxygen in those cylinders.

What would concern me the most would be SP being able to shout "ORAORAORA" like a madman while somehow holding his breath at the same time.

The World is clearly modeled after a diver, since the stand's design is meant to be in reference to Holy Diver by Dio. Also, since DIO was stuck at the bottom of the ocean for so long

I don't think being able to survive not breathing for five seconds is a feat, considering literally everyone can do it lol

By the way, I doubt DIO needs to breathe, since he survived in a sunken coffin for 100 years, and Joseph points out that Straizo doesn't leave any puffs of smoke by breathing in the cold.

Is there a citation for this? Sounds familiar, like I think I actually heard or read the air thing years ago but a citation would still be needed as there's zero indication as such in the source material thus the interview is needed, and it isnt on the wiki's archive of interviews.

Should Thunder McQueen have minor Resistance to Social Influencing? Meaning he can be influenced, but it doesn't register in his mind due to having his Mind Disc removed, and he reverts back as soon as he stops dwelling on whatever was said to him.

Remember that thread where I proposed that Diavolo erases the objects in erased time and that as such GER could work even if it were erased, but it got rejected because there wasn't enough proof?

3FE5CC6F-D70E-49CF-BFDC-FF8B6124482D
E0944C0B-70C2-4CD2-8F2A-D1FE6F3BE2BA

TriforcePower1 said:
Remember that thread where I proposed that Diavolo erases the objects in erased time and that as such GER could work even if it were erased, but it got rejected because there wasn't enough proof? 3FE5CC6F-D70E-49CF-BFDC-FF8B6124482D
E0944C0B-70C2-4CD2-8F2A-D1FE6F3BE2BA
bruhh

I just recently found the scans. If someone wants to make a thread about it, well, the scans are here. I don't want to make another Diavolo/GER CRT anytime soon

It's poetic to how time is what's being erased, everything being literally erased would mean that

• We don't see anything at all within the Time Erase, neither should Diavolo
  • Everything wouldn't keep doing what they were doing before the Time Erase and within it, as they weren't there. They were there, the time wasn't there.
  • Blood shouldn't stick on targets. The whole "his blood isn't part of Diavolo anymore" is as much of a rule as "JoJo characters are super eloquent and redundant about what they are doing", and Diavolo said nothing about this the 2 times he did so.
Araki thought/interpreted time erase in a cool & flashy way like he does with most powers, in those cases characters do poetic statements about them, like DIO and Diavolo counting time when it's stopped and there is no time respectively, at least Alternative Diego noticed this.

It's not even poetic as most things are said to poetic in the wiki, just as another "valid" way to interpret his power without granting him a new one.

The first points are kinda like saying that Dio doesn't really stop time because he can see stuff despite photons technically being stopped too. That's just Araki inconstancy 101. Second point is literally headcanon that contradicts the previous statement. Third point is literally no different than Dio throwing knives and those knives stopping after they get thrown by Dio.

We already consider dudes who can destroy timelines Low 2-C for erasing the universe by nuking time. Diavolo is literally the same thing but on a smaller scale.

It's not, you want to say that he erases stuff that in turn does stuff to each other and we see, so that stuff exists. The fact that actions are being done contradict the idea of everything being erased in a physical way. You said it, they stop after being thrown, the blood hits a target, which from what you say, shouldn't be there.

I don't do the "we already consider" and suchs, remove time from the beginning of a timeline and then there is nothing, no universe. This doesn't mean at all that no time (in one point of a timeline)=no physicality for everything (in that instance). Time is time, and the rest of the many, many concepts there are are themselves.

I think I got Class K when I tried to do it, but I'm still not that good at calcing things like that, I tried to do what the garp op feat did basically but replaced the variables with the proper numbers (fugo's weight, the minimum height of throw, assumed 45 degree angle, etc).

okey lets revive this thread
so there was an interview with an animator from jojo and he said that stone ocean anime can happen if people on social media ask for it so the studio can see there is an interest in anime
when asked about purple haze novel his eyes where sparkling
and when asked about steel ball run anime he said that he doesn't want to use cgi because it would brake the jojo style

GiornoGiovannaF said:
okey lets revive this thread
so there was an interview with an animator from jojo and he said that stone ocean anime can happen if people on social media ask for it so the studio can see there is an interest in anime
when asked about purple haze novel his eyes where sparkling
and when asked about steel ball run anime he said that he doesn't want to use cgi because it would brake the jojo style
Why would they need to know if we want the anime?

Eyes sparkling is a good sign

So that means no CGI horses

Poor animators are gonna suffer drawing constantly moving objects.

I personally don't mind CGI Horses, as it would give the Animators a break. Berserk did it in their series just fine― I wouldn't see why they couldn't use that style.

Back