• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure General Discussion Thread III: Stardust Crusaders

Honestly? I like how he looks. He ain't hot? True but for a 89 year old? He looks baller. Don't forget that he's 89 years old. But yeah his Stand low key broke ass, and the fact it's a passive durability negation hax (rain doesn't normally cleave through targets or walking into a rack doesnt break your lgs off almost).

DMB that could happen, I can definitely see the new Rokaka being able to do that.

DMB 1 said:
Maybe he pulls a King Piccolo and becomes youg again through the use of something.
Yeah, he is probably a rock human, so his age isn't so obvious. Given how focused Mamazuku was on his age, he probably isn't actually 89 years old. The rokakaka can totally be used for something like that tho. He might even fuse with somebody himself

Wasn't Yotsuyu actually a hundred years old and washed up on the shore of morioh not long after Johnny got there? It's been a long while since I read ealy part 8, could be wrong.

Yes, It's like building level (1 ton). (Although to be fair the density of the fog may be off, I seen Cal use a much thicker density) also the height of the fog is off, it grows further fter the initialchapter and we see a few aerial shots later on, it should be higher, not by much but still, maybe like 20%?) could be higher then what it's listed as now but idk by how much. May ony be a tad but yes, the feat had been calced. At least twice.

Maybe the KE of it can be calced though.

There's a few on the main JoJo's Bizarre Adventure page.

If you type in JoJo into the search bar, then sort by blogs a handful more should show up as well that aren't listed. A few old though.

I double checked, according to cal on this widly accepted calc fog is denser then air and used the density of air to calc the fog feat, if my math is correct, using the accepted time frame of 30 seconds/30 for one second of inhalation gets like 25 tons. idk may look into it more in depth.

Edit: asked Cal personally, apparently air>fog and air is actually a low end.

We're still trying to use Star Platinum breathing as a legitimate way to gauge its power?

Yikes.

@Chariot Commented on a few of your calcs. You seem to very often make some assumptions about the feats you don't need to instead of pulling accurate measurements.

Yes, just because one doesn't like it doesn't mean it's an actual feat. Even if one doesn't use it to gauge his power (even though it was done via exerting his physical statistics), it ca be used to gauge his durability. Which then scales back to AP.

I seen, and you only commented on a feat that wasn't meant to calculate AP in the first place (so I don't even really get what you're trying to say there) and I can correct it with what you asked and a feat that I'm aware was inherently flawed and as such I dropped it like a month ago.

Also tarkus busting a boulder, but you outright ignored the normal end which is a tad suspect.

imo Funny should have Social Influencing

he was almost able to convince someone to help him right after killing that person's best friend right in front of them

and now, he didn't succeed, but he almost did

I wouldn't really consider that Social Influencing, that was more Johnny trying to grasp at straws and him being full of self-loathing and praying that maybe, just maybe, Funny wasnt lying and maybe he could get Gyro back.

He may have it for other reasons, but not for that.

I actually kind of agree with that, although the way you calced it is just wrong for that.

The KE of the air wouldn't matter much for durability, you should try doing a pressure calc with the lungs holding that air and not exploding.

Commented on quite a few more, actually. Glad you dropped the other one, though.

Chariot190 said:
Also tarkus busting a boulder, but you outright ignored the normal end which is a tad suspect.
Was going to comment on that separately. Any reason you're using The value for concrete/cement fragmentation as opposed to, you know, what the rock is actually made of?

>I actually kind of agree with that, although the way you calced it is just wrong for that. The KE of the air wouldn't matter much for durability, you should try doing a pressure calc with the lungs holding that air and not exploding.

Not really, SP's body is still enduring the KE of it (for obvious reasons), just a fraction of it, to be precise the calculated result divided by the time frame for the feat, so like 38 seconds, aka divide the result by 38 times.

>Commented on quite a few more, actually. Glad you dropped the other one, though.

I noticed, I'd like it if you actually commented on some calcs that I'm confident in instead of ones I've clearly dropped, like the Tarkus lifting feat, that would be useful, if there's any mistakes in the scaling I'll fix them too.

>Was going to comment on that separately. Any reason you're using The value for concrete/cement fragmentation as opposed to, you know, what the rock is actually made of?

Because the calculation page said that fragmentation was jcc? So I used that, the material is bedrock so if you know the value for that tell me, I'll go ahead and fix it.

That's... not how Kinetic Energy works. SP wouldn't be "enduring the kinetic energy", the kinetic energy describes the energy needed to move the air that distance in that time. Again, pressure would be more ideal for what SP would have actually had to withstand.

I believe I asked for links for the ones that were accepted. Let me go check to see if you responded on the newest blog.

Chariot190 said:
Because the calculation page said that fragmentation was jcc? So I used that, the material is bedrock so if you know the value for that tell me, I'll go ahead and fix it.
Yeah, the page is pretty misleading; those base values you see are for urban construction materials, which are the most typically used in calcs like that.

Someone PM'ed me values for bedrock that looks like the one Tarkus shattered, I'll go see if I can find them.

It is though? Because it's Sp himself doing the KE moving, the fog's KE is going directly to SP and he's withstanding it, the only way it wouldnt work is of there was no KE to begin with. He's directly taking the KE of it via sucking it up as well as performing the feat itself, even if you don't want to utilize it as a feat and even I would prefer to use it as a durability feat over a AP feat, it's still a feat done through sheer strength. Of course you ca calculate the pressure of it but that doesn't invalidate the KE of it either, it aint mutually exclusive.

I dont believe you asked for links, either way you can easily find them, theyre linked. Regardless though you're already acting highly suspicious, I dont know why but assuming others calcs are wrong just because they're high is actually a piss off though.

Well then give me the values, I'll fix it right up right away.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Pressure makes more sense than KE though.
So? While you can calculate the pressure of it, that doesn't invalidate the KE, which is just as much of a legit feat regardless of ones beliefs. It's like doing a calc with PE and KE, both are right, it's just two different aspects of the same feat.

I don't see how SP is getting hit with fog KE or how it counts as durability. He is sucking the fog into himself and the appropriate durability feat would be not bursting from the fog inside him. Getting values from a wind like thing is often unreliable anyway because the actual damage taken may differ depending on how aerodynamic one is making himself..

Because the fog itself has KE? Think of it like a storm feat I guess if that helps. He's still enduring the KE of it, just a fraction of it, which is the KE divided by the time frae, that's how much energy he's withstanding.

That's somethat that can be calced yes, but one again, that being true doesn't make the KE untrue, it aint mutually exclusive.

As for the last point, aerodynamics have literally zero effect on anything regarding this feat, he's literally just inhaling real hard, he's barely moving.

That's kind of just... wrong? SP isn't causing the fog itself (which was spread slowly by the stand that actually caused it) it's moving it through breathing in, which is literally done through difference of pressure.

Like, the KE is a side-effect of the air being moved by the difference in pressure, it isn't even "hitting" SP nor is SP "tanking the KE". It's literally just the pressure that SP is withstanding in its chest cavity. The KE can't be applied offensively or defensively, so just throw it out.

This is one of the few situations where pressure is the ONLY thing that should be calced for the person doing the feat. Using KE is just ignoring the physics behind what's actually causing the air to move.

That's not even going into the crazy assumptions of size used for the fog, but I'll keep that for discussion on the calc itself.

I just realised if anime keys were allowed it'd only presumably be for DIO since he's got a whole bunch of anime exclusive abilities unlike most characters

>That's kind of just... wrong? SP isn't causing the fog itself (which was spread slowly by the stand that actually caused it) it's moving it through breathing in, which is literally done through difference of pressure.

No it's you who is wrong in this situation, SP isn't causing the fog but he's moving the fog, also>spread sowly. That's a lie to suit your argument, we never once see how fast it was spread, don't be dishonest. And guess what breathing is? Something that scales to physical power, and we accept that.

>Like, the KE is a side-effect of the air being moved by the difference in pressure, it isn't even "hitting" SP nor is SP "tanking the KE". It's literally just the pressure that SP is withstanding in its chest cavity. The KE can't be applied offensively or defensively, so just throw it out.

It is a side effect, caused by SP, get over it, at this point ot seems like you're arguing out of disbelief or something, it's something that happened and we treat feats like moving clouds, and breathing feats, that scale to physical statistics. Ignoring the fact by nature of inhaling the mass with the end result being SP's chest. Double standards is all I see when talking to you. Don't like it? Make a wiki wide revision on breathing feats and the like. I'm not going to thrw out a perfectly usable feat because you don't like it.

>This is one of the few situations where pressure is the ONLY thing that should be calced for the person doing the feat. Using KE is just ignoring the physics behind what's actually causing the air to move.

No, in this instance you're wrong like it or not, especially as it's been accepted. You can calculate the pressure, but guess what? It does't invalidate the KE regardless of your beliefs on the subject.

>That's not even going into the crazy assumptions of size used for the fog, but I'll keep that for discussion on the calc itself.

I'm actually going to tell you to piss right the **** off there, it's stated the fog covered the town, we have a calculated height for the fog which I used, said height being 28.4 meters, you just don't like the result and it's glaringly obvious given that you're nitpicking things that are actually stated in the manga ignoring clear-cut statements and are even trying to make more assumptions by randomly picking a radius of the fog despite the fact that the fog covers the entire town.

Because I told him to piss the **** off? I didn't insult him or his post, but I did and will tell him to cut shit out if it's warranted.

No offense, to anyone really, but if I'm told I'm making baseless assumptions and doing things that I actually didnt do I'm going to get defensive, it doesnt do anything but discredit me and the posts, not because anything is actually wrong, but due to picking and choosing things that dont actually effect the end result. Cussing or not, if it gets my point across of stop making false claims to discredit me or making claims that are false, I'll do so. Honestly I'd enjoy it if he stopped cherry picking as well, like, I used an assumed height for the feat? Yeah as well as a calculated and accepted height, don't be dishonest and ignore key points just to suit your argument.

Plus it's been made clear he hasn't actually properly read the blogs in full, especially SHA.

Chariot190 said:
No it's you who is wrong in this situation, SP isn't causing the fog but he's moving the fog, also>spread sowly. That's a lie to suit your argument, we never once see how fast it was spread, don't be dishonest. And guess what breathing is? Something that scales to physical power, and we accept that.
He's moving the fog, yes. Now, how is he doing that? If you understood the mechanics behind breathing, which is what your calc is concerned with to begin with, you'd understand that a pressure difference is what causes air to move into your chest cavity.

Since you seem convinced that I'm lying about basic biology, maybe go to a library, rent a book or two, flip to the respiratory system section?

Oh, also, tell me where you got the bright idea on the site that breathing = AP, please and thank you.

Chariot190 said:
It is a side effect, caused by SP, get over it, at this point ot seems like you're arguing out of disbelief or something, it's something that happened and we treat feats like moving clouds, and breathing feats, that scale to physical statistics. Ignoring the fact by nature of inhaling the mass with the end result being SP's chest. Double standards is all I see when talking to you. Don't like it? Make a wiki wide revision on breathing feats and the like. I'm not going to thrw out a perfectly usable feat because you don't like it.
Yikes, calm down.

My arguments are based in basic biology and physics, not my disbelief of your calculation. Strawmanning it like that is just dishonest.

Again, cite where we've considered breathing as AP before, although considering most of the admins off site that I'm talking to seem to agree against this wonky argument, I wouldn't mind making a thread clarifying it for the whole site.

Chariot190 said:
No, in this instance you're wrong like it or not, especially as it's been accepted. You can calculate the pressure, but guess what? It does't invalidate the KE regardless of your beliefs on the subject.
"Why am I wrong?"

"Because you're wrong."

11/10 reasoning. I've explained why the KE isn't related to what SP needs to tank to perform the feat. You're just regurgitating the same "it's been accepted"/"you're wrong" arguments over and over again without actually responding to my points.

Chariot190 said:
I'm actually going to tell you to piss right the **** off there, it's stated the fog covered the town, we have a calculated height for the fog which I used, said height being 28.4 meters, you just don't like the result and it's glaringly obvious given that you're nitpicking things that are actually stated in the manga ignoring clear-cut statements and are even trying to make more assumptions by randomly picking a radius of the fog despite the fact that the fog covers the entire town.
Kakyokin couldn't have possibly known that it went to the farthest edges of the town because he wasn't at the ends of the town. He was likely making a comment about the fog being everywhere he can see, which, given how fog obscures vision, probably also obscured his judgement.

But nah, go on about me nitpicking your calc and how I should "piss off", I'm sure your flaming is a great boon to your otherwise lackluster argument.

Speaking of, cut out the flaming. You don't need to try insulting me to make your points, although it's clear that outside of that there isn't many points to begin with.

>He's moving the fog, yes. Now, how is he doing that? If you understood the mechanics behind breathing, which is what your calc is concerned with to begin with, you'd understand that a pressure difference is what causes air to move into your chest cavity. Since you seem convinced that I'm lying about basic biology, maybe go to a library, rent a book or two, flip to the respiratory system section? Oh, also, tell me where you got the bright idea on the site that breathing = AP, please and thank you.

Are you actually gonna assume that his breathing is stronger then him throwing a punch? I never said you were lying about basic biology don't put words in my mouth. I've seen several users state as much, go see Kukui for example.

>Yikes, calm down. My arguments are based in basic biology and physics, not my disbelief of your calculation. Strawmanning it like that is just dishonest. Again, cite where we've considered breathing as AP before, although considering most of the admins off site that I'm talking to seem to agree against this wonky argument, I wouldn't mind making a thread clarifying it for the whole site.

Your argument also assumes that his breathing is stronger then his AP, which is asinine, not only that but it's effectively no different then cloud moving feats. I wouldnt call it strawmanning, I'm only stating what I see, if it aint the case then you arent making i obvious. The fact you feel the need to discuss it of site instead of on site is suspect. But go ahead, I want to see that thread.

>"Why am I wrong?" "Because you're wrong." 11/10 reasoning. I've explained why the KE isn't related to what SP needs to tank to perform the feat. You're just regurgitating the same "it's been accepted"/"you're wrong" arguments over and over again without actually responding to my points.

Hello kettle. I don't even really care how much he tanked at this point, upon thinking about it I see no reason why it cant be scaled to his energy output per second, it's ridiculous to assume his inhaling is stronger then his punch and its no different then most cloud moving feats that I see in nature. I have respond to your points mate, at least a few, we just vehemently disagree.

>Kakyokin couldn't have possibly known that it went to the farthest edges of the town because he wasn't at the ends of the town. He was likely making a comment about the fog being everywhere he can see, which, given how fog obscures vision, probably also obscured his judgement.

Ignoring the fact that it's exposition and is a good statement to use and your thinking requires more assumption then taking a statement that says it covers the tow to mean it only covers what I can see, much better the assuming distances, especially in your own words, fog obscures Vision, we cant actually calculate the distance, the entire town exists within the fog, by nature it covers the entire town because the town itself is situated within the fog. The fog must cover the town because the town exists within the fog.

>But nah, go on about me nitpicking your calc and how I should "piss off", I'm sure your flaming is a great boon to your otherwise lackluster argument.

Oh but it's true? Is it not you who made such claims that I didnt use a calculated height? Why'd you say that I didnt even though I did? It seems to me you're just not actually reading all the links. And flaming? If swearing is considered flaming then I dont know what to tell you.

>Speaking of, cut out the flaming. You don't need to try insulting me to make your points, although it's clear that outside of that there isn't many points to begin with.

I never insulted you, not once, at all, I swore but I didnt insult you, dont lie now.

>Are you actually gonna assume that his breathing is stronger then him throwing a punch? I never said you were lying about basic biology don't put words in my mouth. I've seen several users state as much, go see Kukui for example.

I wouldn't even need to assume that, as the Kinetic Energy of the wind has nothing to do with what is required for the air to be pulled in anyways.

Breathing is based on pressure.

>Your argument also assumes that his breathing is stronger then his AP, which is asinine, not only that but it's effectively no different then cloud moving feats. I wouldn't call it strawmanning, I'm only stating what I see, if it aint the case then you arent making i obvious. The fact you feel the need to discuss it of site instead of on site is suspect. But go ahead, I want to see that thread.

Except it doesn't, see above?

Cloud moving feats aren't typically done through breathing in, which is a pressure gradient, but sure.

I'll end up posting it if the variety of other issues with the calc doesn't cause it to go underwater.

>Ignoring the fact that it's exposition and is a good statement to use and your thinking requires more assumption then taking a statement that says it covers the tow to mean it only covers what I can see, much better the assuming distances, especially in your own words, fog obscures Vision, we cant actually calculate the distance, the entire town exists within the fog, by nature it covers the entire town because the town itself is situated within the fog. The fog must cover the town because the town exists within the fog.

Exposition from a certain character, who doesn't have full knowledge on the situation. Context is important. If he doesn't have a grasp of how far the fog reaches due to him not seeing the far reaches of the town to begin with, how can he accurately state that with his knowledge?

It would only need to cover what the characters see, but sure.

>And flaming? If swearing is considered flaming then I dont know what to tell you.

>I never insulted you, not once, at all, I swore but I didnt insult you, dont lie now.

Telling someone to "piss the **** right off of here" is typically seen as an insult. I'm not sure why I need to explain that?

Back