• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure General Discussion Thread III: Stardust Crusaders

I dont think PH gets a scaling feat. But it does get a nice aoe feat at night time.

Well I'm skipping it to Part 4, by the end of the night you may have The Book profiles. So bootleg Mcqueen in function, except he can win sometimes.

Actually shit, I can make the profile, I got it written out mostly, the issue is sourcing feats and statments from a novel is a pain in the ass. It aint manga, to source one thing takes a bunch of stps.

Do we know what throwing a human hundreds of feet would be? PH threw Fugo hundreds of feet upward into the air and at a arch (hundreds of feet in another direction). That's clearly superhuman but is it Class 1? Class 5? Class 25? Etc.

Does it? If we know he can fastball Fugo hundreds of feet vertically (while also throwing him so he covers a great distance) why would we need a timeframe? A timeframe is needed if we want to find the KE of it, but the act of throwing something should be the same in regard to lifting strength as no matter what PH would have to throw Fugo hard enough to overpower gravity and all that fun stuff.

But we dont really gotta a timeframe, e know how fast he was falling but that was because of terminal velocity. Maybe we can assume at least 9.8mps for the throw because of how rainy day dream away works, but I dont think Fugo was safe from it at that point.

I hope you and I are talking about the same feat (PH throwing Fugo from a high arc to attack Vlad from an unexpected direction before he can react).

Fugo's weight can be taken as the average weight of an Italian man. We can assume Fugo to be outside RDDA's range, so above 200 metres as a lowball. This would also be the height of the trajectory parabola. From this data, we can reverse engineer Monkey D. Garp's lifting strength calc and get the rating.

We are.

I was thinking like 160-170lb. He's toned and somewhat muscular for his height of allegedly 172cm (the jojo wiki says 172cm but has no citation, he's aroung Giorno's height though so that could be used worse case scenario). He wasnt outside of its range, he threw himself specifically to counter the ability (moving at the speed of the stand) and it was stated to be hundreds of feet in the air so I'd use 200 feet minimum as low end.

Actually because we know he was falling at 9.8mps and that was stated after Fugo was already falling for a handful of seconds bare minimum and at an arch, it's probably closer to 400feet minimum.

I can try and do that, give me a bit I guess.

Ok I somehow got Class K. I think I ****** up in the joules to newton section.

BlackGiorno69 said:
Dio should have charm and fear manipulation
I guess yeah, he made Kak vomit almost and Avdol litterally jumped out a window by Dio talking casually.

Whatever it is, he can make others submit to him and get frozen in place when emmiting his chad energy.

And it can make someone as stalwart as Avdol 180 out the window and run away.

But why doesnt Dio have hair manipulation, that's kinda obvious. He does in part 1 and 3.

i mean avdol said that hes words were being kind or calm you can watch the scene on youtube and hol horse almost got heart attack just by dio talking and he charmed ndoul

Actually im a bit more interested in giving SCR some form of reliant immortality and because it cant be defeated unless the light of someone's soul is destroyed fully. meaning it'll just keep coming till someone decides to take a bullet and suicide to get rid of its reliant immortality.

May as well wait to do that when the ap upgrades gp through, if they do at least. Still waiting on a eval though.

Also this calc. Anyone think this looks ok? Anything that I missed? That should be changed?

Dark Blue Moon, that feat, retroactively not making RHCP a outlier (RHCP's feat would scale back to part 3 and 5) so there's another, making Kars tanking a big ass explosion not an outlier,(could maybe scale to Part 3?), I think SP's fog inhale should be done again, the height of the fog used an extreme low end, it was stated a few panels later that the fog was getting much thicker and we see various of shots dwarfing the height used in the calc later in the arc multiple times. I'd estimate maybe 2-3 tons opposed to 1 ton. It's a good supporting bit feat though, litterally the strength of SP's inhale.

I was also gonna calc High Priestess bite force, while easy to do (I was just gonna upscale a human females bite force to irs size) it seemed kinda pointless unless I ca apply that to SP's lifting strength. I also spent like 2 weeks trying to calc SP launching HP's teeth out of its mouth at like 230mps (if i recall) then accounting for the water drag, then I randomly calced Dark Blue Moon and threw out the HP calc because I dont think I was gonna get that high, maybe large building+ or so but not city block.

On another note though, Part 6 and Part 4 dont scale, Part 4 would have to backscale to RHCP (crazy diamond getting beaten but could barely hold his own) and Part 6 has nothing except feats from planet waves and Underworld, I think you can probably calc one of Underworld's feats to be low High 8-C though. Part 4, the entire cast, explicitly cant scale to SP for both parts though, and Part 6 the same minus MIH who would probably scale via wog and probably higher at that and maybe (a big maybe) for weather.

There's also Tarkus shaking a huge amount of bedrock and Part 8's Morioh quake, I think I can actually find a depth for the quake as well as a better aoe (it was stated there was tsunami warnings but also later on that tsunami was in fact gonna come a chapter or so later).

I do want opinions on the jack calc. While I think I did DBM fine, I dont know if I did Jack right.

Does anyone know the fast human perception is? Like what's the minimal amount a human can percieve in? Like in fractions of a second?

I need to do a quick calc for a Stand, and the Stand has a feat in question, going through the users entire lifespan in a specified amount of time, that includes every and I mean every single thing he's experiemced from birth to then, everything, the things he sees, what the user hears, feels, physical sensations, updating nonstop every moment.

I'm assuming it's every possible thing he can possibly percieve (as that's at the minimum what it records) otherwise it'd technically be an infinite speed feat. As such if I get the minimum human perception time I can multiply that by how many years that he lived and then figute out the speed on how long it'd take to go through his entire life. Hell, it may even upgrade composite Crazy Diamond. But the speed is needed for the profile that I'm making at the moment, otherwise I'm gonna have to assume a filler speed of MFTL.

Yeah I figured out how to do, the issue is the character in question has way better reactions than a normal human, he probably has low FTL reactions.

Which is an issue, I cant calc it without calc stacking.

>9-A

I go away for one day to play some monster hunter and the first I hear is this? What in the **** did I miss?

Chariot190 said:
>9-A
I go away for one day to play some monster hunter and the first I hear is this? What in teh **** did I miss?
This

Granted, the calc has yet to be evalueted.

Why is he calcing the width off of Will's shoe? And not the width of the blade? Also Dio is outright stated to be 5-10x (unsre if he means combined or not) stronger then Jonathan and Will seconds before Tarkus showed up, while casual. It'd only effect Tarkus and even then.

DIO PB1

Plus there's other 8-C feats. Underworld (presumably has one, it happened off screen but we see the resulting damage, happened fast though, between a gunshot happening and Ermes looking through a door) if Stone Free gets thrown out (not sure why? SF's arms weren't broken by punching, they were broken by getting hit, it's a bit of a glass cannon and wog states SF is litterally as strong as a meteor in question anyway, seems kinda wrong to throw out a feat that WOG uses to describe how strong the stand is). Someone should calc the linked feat, I would but I cant figue out how to anglize. Which I'd need to do to calc it.

I've revived myself to talk about JoJo once more.

@Chariot190 that panel doesn't say that Dio is 5-10x stronger, it says that his energy is. Energy =/= strength and in this case it seems like it's referring to the negative hamon-esque energy that the undead carry, Zeppeli mentioned it or something to that effect when hamon was being introduced. Even if it were to correlate directly to strength that would still be too vague as a definitive guage since the strength of an individual can drastically change throughout a fight.

WoG is being thrown out for the whole meteor thing because it's colorful language, I think, and not an actual fact. I could be wrong but you'd have to go investigate the Jolyne calc directly to confirm.

Why is 9-A and 8-B being thrown around?

It litterally says Dio is 5 times our energy, talking about Dio's strength. What's not to get? Speedwagon also states Dio is multiple times stronger than he was at the fire after seeing that and after Will's statement of Dio being 5x him and jonathan. There is no such thing as a negative hamon-esque energy, and he's clearly talking about how powerful Dio is. And even if it was talking about some magical nega-hamon energy, it'd still apply because of how hamon works.
PB DIO2
PB DIO3
It's talking about power/strength.

That isnt why, how's it colorful language? It says Stone Free is as strong as a small but extremely fast meteor when fully packed, in the same part and not even a that far off of where there's a stand that summons the exact thing it's talking about. Not only that but Stone Free did manage to punch, overpower and redirect the meteor's KE, injury or not, it completely redirected the KE as such Stone Free can apply the same KE it redirected. It's just a bit of a glass cannon. But no, colorful language? That isnt even an argument, nothing implies as such, in fact when has the author ever used colourful language when explaining abilities? Especially things that we know that he knows work exactly as they do.

The humans with the most energy (usually fat people) are not the strongest; energy does not correlate 1-1 with strength. I'm sorry but this is a truth you need to accept if you want to move forward on this site.

The energy that the undead produce is identical to hamon, he even describes it like the front and back of a coin. That's the negative hamon esque energy I'm referring to. It is a real thing mr. jojo expert.

Make a revision on Stone Free and debate the Jolyne calc. I don't understand what you're trying to say in regards to it.

No offense but that's a horrendous rebuttal I almost wanna laugh but I'm actually worried you believe it, because not only did you ignore half what I said but you ignored half of what was said in the manga at that. You know damn well that's not the type of energy in question. So cut that shit out. It's made even more astounding you actually think what you're saying holds any merit when Will is talking about strength and power and then further hammered in by speedwagon saying and confirming because of his physical strength he now knows and can deduce that yes, Dio is multiple times stronger then they initially thought. In fact I'm pretty sure this falls under multiple fallacies.

Uh, you're joking right? That's a pretty blatant example of context is key. Will is talking about the undead draining others of their blood to heal their wounds and grant eternal life and hamon which is brought forth from the blood is in essence the opposite of that, the blood can give forth an energy that can both kill and heal the undead. Whatever the hell you think it means is more than wrong, it's baffling. Not that'd it'd matter because even in the following panel he's talking about it as a thing of power and how you'd need a huge hamon wave to overpower said life force (and what he's talking about is basically using hamon to lol negate undead regen via sunlight shit) and it physically enhances the users of it depending on how much one has. If Dio has 5x their energy, it'd still mean the exact same thing just worded differently. Sarcasm aside, and ignoring I didnt claim to be an expert nor did I state anything that'd imply as such but thanks for adding another fallacy to the list of fallacies you've done, it does appear I know more then you, or at least I can read, one of the two and take meaning using pre established and following information given to understand what is being said. Hell here's the chapter, leaving out context and even misintepreting what any of the things in question do? A tad bit dishonest of you dontn you think? Ignoring the context of the above quotes and that being different but oh well. Also you're using outdated translations.

Im trying to say youre full of shit especially because from what ive seen and looked at the reason you gave is something you pulled out of nowhere. It wasnt used because it used colourful language that cant be taken at face value due to it not being literal? Cool source please? Im not debating or making a crt for something you made up, also not only that, you didnt even debate any of my points, you moved the goal post.

Back