• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread IV: Diamond is Unbreakable

if only it were that simple
maybe my next high 3-A GER thread would go through....
actually that reminds me of the ger soul manipulation thread that hasnt been bumped in forever

Where does Hierophant Green's Relativistic come from? None of the links link to a Relativistic calculation, and all of the characters he scale to are MFTL, unless I'm missing something wouldn't At most MFTL be more suitable?
Actually that is my and Chariot190's headcanon about his speed, iirc it's something about downscaling off of SoL, but I don't really remember the source of this.
Why does Hierophant Green's AP and SS scale to his dura without an explanation? Also I assume this is a mistake but Emerald Splash should be High 8-C+ as it scales to Part 3 Jotaro, and it's currently 8-C
Yeah, it's a mistake. You can change that if ya want.
The Hand is listed as MHS but there's no calc for MHS. That and Crazy Diamond isn't listed at MHS.
Me and Chariot190 were going to calc some speed feats against Bad Company, and scale early CD and The Hand, though we never did. Still, MHS is like, a low ball given the feats, still needs calc though.
Part 6 stands, who are At most FTL, supposedly scale to Part 6 Jotaro, but Part 6 Jotaro is At least FTL, likely MFTL. Why isn't likely MFTL here.
Exactly because he is "likely" and those Stands are below him.
MIH's 8-C justification is him killing Jotaro and Jolyne, but Jotaro is Wall level, Similar example goes to Anjuro
This is because Jotaro was 8-C back in the day when we revised some ratings.
I noticed that some of the formatting on the JoJo profiles are messy. For example, Killer Queen is listed as possibly 8-C in his tier and durability yet his AP is lists him as just 8-C. Sheer Heart Attack's durability is outdated as well, it still being 8-C+.
Yes, most profiles have trash formatting, that's why I'm creating sandboxes and redoing them adding references, still, that's hard to do. Currently working on SBR
There are more examples of this but I'd like some clarifications before I go and try change something. I could help with formatting for the profiles.
I think it's better if you just list them all so we can fix them.
Also just a few more but shouldn't Silver Chariot get At Class 1 LS for breaking Vanilla Ice's neck?
Yeah, actually a little bit higher since he was able to thrown Polnareff away in Part 5. Working on LS feats, calcing them and finding a good scaling.
I feel Silver Chariot should just be straight up scale to likely High 8-C if DIO stated that SC could've severaly maimed him.
Nah, Chariot is below DIO clearly, he only downscales, though a "possibly" rating should be fine.
Also I think High 8-C, likely High 8-C+ is really weird for King Crimson, as the only true justification for it is that it boasts first class stand power (Which I think is a bit too vague). A lot of his justifications comes from upscaling from a bunch of 8-C characters
Wrong, the characters are 8-C because they downscale off of King Crimson's High 8-C AP, not the opposite. King Crimson can gore a high end 8-C+ Stand (SC) and is a first class power type Stand, he is good.

Where does Hierophant Green's Relativistic come from? None of the links link to a Relativistic calculation, and all of the characters he scale to are MFTL, unless I'm missing something wouldn't At most MFTL be more suitable?

Being not as fast, but close to, lightspeed. Though he has feats and scaling that could put him at FTL+ to MFTL, main issue is HG is inconsistent as ****, which is why he has a "likely higher", to compensate for his extremely high end scaling, but on the other end, he has just as many anti-feats and anti-scaling as he does scaling. HG is honestly a ******* pain, and it's all Araki's fault. There's no fixing HG, it's unironically impossible, to many contradictory feats.

Why does Hierophant Green's AP and SS scale to his dura without an explanation? Also I assume this is a mistake but Emerald Splash should be High 8-C+ as it scales to Part 3 Jotaro, and it's currently 8-C

Harming Jotaro, killing Tower of Gray, and so on. His justification does indeed need to be fleshed out tho.

Emerald Splash should be "At least 8-C+", for wounding Dio. It did wound Star Platinum, but unfortunately that's before Plat gets High 8-C scaling, early Plat could easily (and probably is) High 8-C, but feat and scaling wise, all that's there at that point is 8-C stuff unfortunately thus we can't say he is for sure, maybe a likely higher could be slapped on it to compensate for Plat potentially being higher in the first few chapters? Honestly the main issue is that Plat gets stronger as the part goes on, we can't retroactively backscale feats he does or scales to later to earlier in the part Plat, because he'd be an unknown amount weaker. But luckily as mentioned, he put a hole in Dio, who's likely large building (hovering around baseline in that form), so there's scaling either way.

The Hand is listed as MHS but there's no calc for MHS. That and Crazy Diamond isn't listed at MHS.

There actually is a MHS feat, that being early CD deflecting Bad Company, it's at minimum MHS (I actually did some calcs and got MHS+ and sub-rel extreme high end, MHS is the minimum it can go tho). CD's speed is for right before RHCP, which is above the speed The Hand scales to.

The Hand scales to CD, but he scales to CD at the very start of the Part, who whipped out a MHS feat right after he fought The Hand, ergo, The Hand would scale to that. But as the part went on, CD got better, while The Hand, well, **** if I know but he has no statements or implications of having grown and he's actually stated to be about average for a power type opposed to CD's highish end tier for power types in the guide, so it's pretty damn obvious CD ended up eclipsing The Hand. But that lies the issue, CD's speed that's listed is speed that happens way after so The Hand can't scale (especially given The Hand got humiliated by RHCP, while CD could at least hold his ground a bit).

The Hand is scaling to CD, just an earlier CD then CD's keys represent basically.

Part 6 stands, who are At most FTL, supposedly scale to Part 6 Jotaro, but Part 6 Jotaro is At least FTL, likely MFTL. Why isn't likely MFTL here.

Ignore Part 6 for now, a good chunk are years out of date (Ermes), there's actually some shit I was gonna look into to give them solid values.

MIH's 8-C justification is him killing Jotaro and Jolyne, but Jotaro is Wall level, Similar example goes to Anjuro

That's just a remnant of when Jotaro had 8-C durability. Just replace Jolyne with Stone Free, that's what the scans show anyhow (he ******* rips Stone Free apart, ripping her limbs off, etc). Also cleaved Kiss' arms off and inflicted heavy damage on DD.
Though been thinking 8-C+ might be a bit high? Then again, he did one shot end of part Stone Free, whos 0.76, that's actually barely enough to upscale to the + (within 25% of it), so it might work, maybe get rid of the "at least" tho, no real reason for that.
I noticed that some of the formatting on the JoJo profiles are messy. For example, Killer Queen is listed as possibly 8-C in his tier and durability yet his AP is lists him as just 8-C. Sheer Heart Attack's durability is outdated as well, it still being 8-C+.
Yeah, been busy with irl stuff, it's accepted, just havent done it, I could probably go do that now.

Also just a few more but shouldn't Silver Chariot get At Class 1 LS for breaking Vanilla Ice's neck? I feel Silver Chariot should just be straight up scale to likely High 8-C if DIO stated that SC could've severaly maimed him.

Wait for LS CRT, there's calcs and stuff, Chariot has some stuff in there, that included.
Chariot is a bit out of date as well, accepted, just been busy, he should be At least 8-C+ for wounding the likely baseline Dio. Probably slap a likely higher on that too, or maybe possibly/likely large building atop the at least 8-C+, there's a few options.

Also I think High 8-C, likely High 8-C+ is really weird for King Crimson, as the only true justification for it is that it boasts first class stand power (Which I think is a bit too vague). A lot of his justifications comes from upscaling from a bunch of 8-C characters

King Crimson is undeniably High 8-C+, dude ******* maimed Chariot casually, who's like, 1.85 to 2.04~ tons, aka, extremely 8-C+ to baseline High 8-C, King Crimson would become High 8-C for either, one shotting someone within 25% of the next tier allows and upscale, and if Chariot is baseline, well, then King Crimson straight up is even without the upscale.

The High 8-C+ is simply a likely for that very reason, that statement might seem vague, but that's without some context, it's important to note that the ONLY other Stand stated to have First-Class power, within the same exact context mind you, is Star Platinum, every other Stand is listed as "high", "low", "average" "excellent", "good", etc, accordingly, but Star Platinum and King Crimson in particular are denoted with First-Class, which is kinda insane. Though even if you ignore Star Platinum, King Crimson is basically stated to be, well, first-class, aka, the best of the best, in power output. But that's why it's likely and not flatout because we don't know 100%.

Also just to add to this since I was looking at Jolyne's profile, why is she MHS scaling to meteors? Maybe I'm missing something but why is that MHS?
Because it's a MHS feat. There's a calc for it, and it's accepted, though it's an old OBD calc, tbh we should probably redo it here, but yeah, Jolyne's (and SF's) movement is MHS off the High Hypersonic+ meteors.

A lot of this shit is just stuff I already noticed but haven't had time to fix, I've had some irl shit going on lately, I can quickly fix the accepted stuff though.

Because it's a MHS feat. There's a calc for it, and it's accepted, though it's an old OBD calc, tbh we should probably redo it here, but yeah, Jolyne's (and SF's) movement is MHS off the High Hypersonic+ meteors.
Ah okay, just wondering since I didn’t see any calc on the profile at first glance, just a few imgur links.

Being not as fast, but close to, lightspeed. Though he has feats and scaling that could put him at FTL+ to MFTL, main issue is HG is inconsistent as ****, which is why he has a "likely higher", to compensate for his extremely high end scaling, but on the other end, he has just as many anti-feats and anti-scaling as he does scaling. HG is honestly a ******* pain, and it's all Araki's fault. There's no fixing HG, it's unironically impossible, to many contradictory feats.
Better to put him at Unknown tbh.

The High 8-C+ is simply a likely for that very reason, that statement might seem vague, but that's without some context, it's important to note that the ONLY other Stand stated to have First-Class power, within the same exact context mind you, is Star Platinum, every other Stand is listed as "high", "low", "average" "excellent", "good", etc, accordingly, but Star Platinum and King Crimson in particular are denoted with First-Class, which is kinda insane. Though even if you ignore Star Platinum, King Crimson is basically stated to be, well, first-class, aka, the best of the best, in power output. But that's why it's likely and not flatout because we don't know 100%.
Fair

King Crimson is undeniably High 8-C+, dude ******* maimed Chariot casually, who's like, 1.85 to 2.04~ tons, aka, extremely 8-C+ to baseline High 8-C, King Crimson would become High 8-C for either, one shotting someone within 25% of the next tier allows and upscale, and if Chariot is baseline, well, then King Crimson straight up is even without the upscale.
I just think it's a bit odd to straight upscale someone to High 8-C from a character who is 8-C, likely 8-C+. Like I'm pretty sure upscaling from that would be 8-C+, likely High 8-C but I feel like it ain't worth arguing this so I'll stop.

the characters are 8-C because they downscale off of King Crimson's High 8-C AP
Who exactly? I thought Part 5 8-Cs scaled to GE, who's only Building level

Who exactly? I thought Part 5 8-Cs scaled to GE, who's only Building level
They are 8-C because King Crimson's previous 8-C+ rating, via downscaling. Now that King Crimson is High 8-C, downscaling became a bit hard, but since feats exist, they only scale to 8-C.
I just think it's a bit odd to straight upscale someone to High 8-C from a character who is 8-C, likely 8-C+. Like I'm pretty sure upscaling from that would be 8-C+, likely High 8-C but I feel like it ain't worth arguing this so I'll stop.
Chariot is 8-C+, not 8-C, likely 8-C+, not anymore. I think you missed the thread.

The stone ocean op is one of the least good ones ngl
It’s like every other opening is S tier and the new one is a B tier, simply because the others are so good

The stone ocean op is one of the least good ones ngl
It’s like every other opening is S tier and the new one is a B tier, simply because the others are so good
I used to think the same for almost every one of them post Sono Chi No Kioku. Then I kept listening to each and each grew to me for many reasons.

Give it a bit of time, see if your stance change ayy.

always have been
I remember arguing with chariot about it when I was making one of my earliest crts ever and like
it was a disaster bro I tried saying stuff like Josuke's speed surprising jotaro meant he was mftl and stuff
I wish there were a way to make it happen but it's just gonna end up being one of those things that will get close but never get the feat...
and to think, araki has the power to just scribble down a few words and be like "josuke's crazy diamond is as fast as polnareff was!!!!" and completely change the scaling of the part

Back