• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread I: Phantom Blood

So...

What's the consensus on whether or not the beetle arrow is the only arrow that makes Requiem stands or that all the arrows can do it?

Only the Requiem arrow can create Requiem Stands. Normal Stand arrows can only evolve the Stand, either by giving new abilities, or a sub-Stand. Requiems are broken by default while an evolved Stand is not as much in comparison, even though it could be plenty broken.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Is that stated anywhere for the Requiem part?
I'm pretty sure the "Requiem arrow" thing is a fan-term design to explain the Golden Experience getting pierced by Black Sabbath's Arrow situation, but in the series itself, there is only some implication that Polnareff's Arrow is special, but nothing that blatantly states "only this arrow can create requiem's". There is also the fact that the arrow that hit Pucci has a beetle, and there's no way of knowing if that's the same arrow that ended up in Polnareff's possession as far as I know, so there's the possibility they are different arrows. People speculate that because the two base stands that Pucci's arrow created (White Snake and Weather Report: Heavy Weather) are notoriously powerful and unique, that this is indeed the "Requiem Arrow", or a different Arrow with same potency, but that's just a theory.

The Stand arrow has to hit the user. The requiem arrow needs to hit the Stand to make it into a requiem Stand. If a Requiem arrow hits a human, then you get Pucci probably.

TacticalNuke002 said:
The Stand arrow has to hit the user. The requiem arrow needs to hit the Stand to make it into a requiem Stand. If a Requiem arrow hits a human, then you get Pucci probably.
Not directly stated anywhere in the series, as I explained, only some implication that Polnareff's arrow is special. Not even the "Requiem Arrow" name is from the series.

I think that a guy made a whole video about the history of the Stand Arrows, including the "Requiem" one.

From what I've understood, there is only one arrow with the scarab on it, and that's the requiem arrow. And when they use fan terms, they tend to be metaphorical.

Also, Met is probably the best Jojo analyzer, even if he sometimes exaggerates with the symbolism. XForts and Kaleb I.A. just suck at it.

Meti is a legend. Makes well structured videos and symbolism notwithstanding, his references game (music/fashion) is usually on point.

Meti and the leitmotif squad (multiple youtubers) are probably the best Jojo content providers on youtube.

I have a question: Do you think Novel Kars vs Infinite Zamasu is fair?

I have the nagging feeling it's not, but I still want to ask

No one would be able to kill each other. Maybe Kars could kill him with MiHUR, but that's if Zamasu doesn't manage to expand into another timeline.

That was dumb. Somehow the ''how does KC works'' video is miles better and it is also just some guy screaming the entire time.

I've never liked Digibro. The fact that he spent the first half of the "critique" screaming at buildings when its supposed to be a rant on character design is just lol.

I hope that in that video, he was joking, or he was drunk, or both.

But still, I never took him seriously: he can go from praising something to hating it in a very short time, and his reasons tend to be baffling. It's like he has a different opinion in each and every one of his videos.

Wait till Digibro realizes that JoJo is considered actual art and has brands like Gucci partnering with them to sell their clothing line.

Given all the crazy shit going on with both sides, it certainly wouldn't end in a civil and clean debate. That's all I really know.

Enya's stats seem off to me. She was able to damage Hol Horse, Polnareff and Jotaro by various means, give chase to Polnareff running away at full speed and was fighting and pushing back Silver Chariot with just a pair of scissors. Below Average Human level all over the place seems wrong.

Back