• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh, yeah fair enough for Part 8. Killer Queen is not the same in both parts.

Araki doesn't even remember how to draw The World. He drew it for the cover of JoJolion and in the new art style, it doesn't even resemble him in stature. Design, maybe a little (he has scuba gear now) but definitely not shape.

Intent can be conveyed beyond statements and while it is loose supporting evidence, it still exists and not to acknowledge it is purposefully downplaying the argument.

THE WORLD2
1ef
Literally the same stand design wise.

Only notable differences is that THE WORLD has some sort of gears behind his neck and a D instead of a heart on his knee.

This is coming from Araki, who said this is also supposed to be The World.

The reason I agree with Killer Queen not being the same in part 4 and 8 is: well if his abilities are different now, what's saying his strength isn't different too?

I can't make the same argument for The World. He's not different. They both stop time. DIO can do it longer because physiology, but during his fight with Jotaro he peaked at 5 seconds just like Diego.

Hm. I can agree with that.

So, no scaling with Part 8, but we scale Part 7?

Any other objections with the changes, then?

DragonEmperor23 said:
The World always had scuba gear. It reflected Dio's deep reflections onto himself during the 100 years in the ocean and how much he hated it.
I don't know if you were trying to be funny, but I laughed hard at that.

So, since I'm not getting any objections; here's what we're at right now:

• Pre-Deep Pass JoJo stays at 8-C from Tarkus' calc.
  • Post-Deep Pass JoJo is downgraded to 8-C+ for Vampires/Pillar Men and stronger stands like The World and Star Platinum and those who scale, physically weaker stands should be 8-C. Where exactly that line is should be discussed, I feel like Stand Stats should at least help us make a list that we can later edit.
  • Ultimate Kars is 200x Joseph's AP, which should come out around baseline 8-A.
  • Part 7 is downgraded to 8-C/8-C+ as per rules above.
  • All of the AP gained by Environmental Destruction, Hax, and non-scaleable feats: (8-B Red Hot Chilli Pepper's Electricity Absorption, Love Train's Storm Creation, Like everything Weather Report does, Pucci's gravity, GER, Tusk ACT 4)
  • Part 8 is now the strongest JoJo part on average since it stays at High 8-C, kek.
If there is nothing more to be said, should we start editing in a day?

I'd like to, but it's going to be really hard beause of scaling; I can't really just use Stand Stats and leave it at that.

However, on the top of my head, close-ranged ORA stands like Star Platinum, The World, Crazy Diamond, King Crimson, and Stone Free should be 8-C+, whereas weaker physical stands like Golden Experience, Silver Chariot, Hierophant Green (Discounting Emerald Splash), Aqua Necklace, etc. should be 8-C.

Guys it's not that hard.

Ask yourself and think like it's a chain, have they fought someone who fought DIO?

For example, Okuyasu and The Hand. They've drawn blood from Josuke, who's proved to be on par with Star Platinum who's killed DIO.

Killer Queen could roughly combat Crazy Diamond and held his own for quite a bit. Josuke has of course fought Jotaro and he's fought DIO.

Vanilla Ice, Koichi, Polanareff, Kakyoin and the such have never been remotely on par with Star Platinum on their own.

Ask me for any questions though.

If you'd like to make two lists, that'd be fantastic; I'm not very good with the exact details of stuff past Part 4, so I'd have to do my own research on 5, 6, and 7, which would be a time sink I'd rather not afford if someone else already knows.

ProfessorLord said:
Josuke, who's proved to be on par with Star Platinum who killed DIO when he was a lot younger and his stand didn't get weak as heck from neglect.
fixed

@DMUA 90% sure Crazy Diamond would have given Part 3 Jotaro a run for his money if you removed abilities from the picture.

The only thing that changed about Star Platinum in part 4's start and Part 3's end was that Time Stop has gotten a smaller duration. SP did not get slower or weaker in any way. The only ability that requires practice to maintain is Time Stop.

Dargoo Faust said:
@DMUA 90% sure Crazy Diamond would have given Part 3 Jotaro a run for his money if you removed abilities from the picture.
Part 4 Jotaro was explicitly nerfed which is why a kid with 0 experience in stand fighting at that point was nearly able to do serious damage.

Maybe At least 8-C would work, but I don't think Crazy Diamond should directly scale to DIO.

The only explicit thing was that his Time Stop had gotten weaker. Jotaro doesn't have to do push ups to keep SP's strength up. The reason why he struggled with Josuke is because CD is physically strong and fast, that's all.

I don't remember a lot of Stone Ocean to be honest but I can try later.

Let's not kid ourselves. Josuke has acknowledged to RHCP that Jotaro and his stand are a lot stronger than his. Note this was after punching him in the face with Crazy Diamond, so hes not referring to abilities or power in general. There's no such thing as getting weak with your stand; they don't have muscle mass to lose. Jotaro lost because Josuke got his hair insulted and was in a bloodlusted while Jotaro was non confrontational and preferred to talk things out. Were they both bloodlusted then Jotaro would hands down win.

That, and Araki has said in stand stats that SPlat is the strongest stand a couple times now I belive. He's even acknowledged it as the physically strongest from an author-ial sense.

Legit

huh

Alright, go ahead I guess. Really wierd for Josuke of all people to be the strongest stand user, but, it's not like my word is better then the person actually writing this heckery.

That being said if he was not at least comparable than in no world could he break through a two arm folded guard with an uppercut and then proceed to strike at a fast enough speed that Star Platinum was forced to either get hit or stop time.

So for the purpose of indexing, they scale 1-1 but in versus threads it should be noted SP is the superior stand in terms of strength.

So, from my knowledge:

Part 1:

• 8-C: Pre-Deep Pass Jonathan, William Zeppeli, Straitzo, Dire, Tarkus, Bruford.
  • 8-C+: Post-Deep Pass Jonathan, Dio Brando
Part 2:

Pretty much everyone we have as profiles is 8-C+ except Pre-Training Joseph, who should be 8-C.

Part 3:

• 9-A: Iggy and Pet Shop
  • 8-C: Joseph?, Kakyoin, Polnareff, Avdol?, Hol Horse, Devo the Cursed, Vanilla Ice, Yellow Temperance's Durability, Alessi's Durability
  • 8-C+: DIO, Jotaro
Part 4:

• 9-B: Yukako, Koichi's Dura
  • 8-C: Koichi's ACT 3, Rohan's Durability, Yuya's Durability
  • 8-C+: Josuke, Okuyasu?, Kira, Akira w/o Morioh's energy absorbed, Stray Cat, Bug-Eaten (sigh)
  • 8-B: Akira w/ Morioh's energy absorbed
Correct me as necessary because I'm sure I got plenty of stuff wrong.

I'll answer all your question marks.

Joseph is probably 8-C+ in SDC. We know his durability is at least that much since The World launched a shit ton of debris at him and took him off a roof. He surprisingly managed to tank that. He doesn't have any good AP feats so it's unknown whether or not his age has worn him down. I'd say it's safe to leave it as "At least 8-C, likely higher" due to inconclusive feats.

Avdol is 8-C, yes. He bodied Cameo who Polnareff was having trouble against. His flames also knocked the shit out of Pol.

Okuyasu is 8-C+ dura since he survived being hit by Crazy Diamond and his own stand, and could beat the shit out of Josuke with The Hand who also has 8-C+ durability.

A few things:

Dire and Straizo should be scaled to Zeppelli IMO, as they were his partners, and even if they were condfident in taking Dio and Jonathan one, Dire got bodied.

Hermit Purple is currently rated as "10-C" because Dio said that it was the weakest Stand, which is probably either Dio saying that he has the weakest Stand out of the two, or him just mocking him. And if it was 10-C, it would be impossible for Joseh to restrain enemies or to substaining Joseph's weight when using it like Spiderman's webs.

You can't argue that Hemit Purple is physically weaker than the Lovers, which is a microscopic Stand. He probably meant that the Stand itself isn't very practical for fights, unless used with hamon.

DMB 1 said:
Hermit Purple is currently rated as "10-C" because Dio said that it was the weakest Stand, which is probably either Dio saying that he has the weakest Stand out of the two, or him just mocking him. And if it was 10-C, it would be impossible for Joseh to restrain enemies or to substaining Joseph's weight when using it like Spiderman's webs.
I was thinking about this. Hermit Purple could probably be 9-B for being able to not break while it was holding on to a steel fence that Joseph was about to fall into.

Back