• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That, and Anton commented rejecting the 8-B calc and placed it at High 8-C instead. Although my reasoning for it not scaling to Jolyne still holds up.

They should be able to scale to Jolyne's AP but not durability. We know that Stone Free is only comparable to "small"er meteors which I would say we take the mid and low balls from planet waves. Planet Waves definitely varies with how much damage he does with each

Side note, I am actually somewhat excited to use Westwood in some VS Threads. That dude's survivability is ******* insane, and is a martial artist who just so happens to also have the ability to pull down meteors. He matched Jolyne as he was figuring out that he had a stand

Iapitus The Impaler said:
They should be able to scale to Jolyne's AP but not durability. We know that Stone Free is only comparable to "small"er meteors which I would say we take the mid and low balls from planet waves. Planet Waves definitely varies with how much damage he does with each
No.

It's stated she can punch with the force of small meteroites, which doesn't mean anything at all, as I've already stated meteorites can be as small as a molecule.

We have a feat of her punching away 8-C meteorites and suffering grevious injuries, therefore that's what we'll use.

Planet Waves would be "Varies between 8-C and High 8-C".

Dargoo Faust said:
No.

It's stated she can punch with the force of small meteroites, which doesn't mean anything at all, as I've already stated meteorites can be as small as a molecule.

We have a feat of her punching away 8-C meteorites and suffering grevious injuries, therefore that's what we'll use.

Planet Waves would be "Varies between 8-C and High 8-C".
Yes, but the statement literally happened like 1 arc after the planet waves arc. Planet Waves never pulled down any molecular meteorites, so he was obviously not refering to those

Yes, her durability is lower

Yes, but the statement literally happened like 1 arc after the planet waves arc. Planet Waves never pulled down any molecular meteorites, so he was obviously not refering to those
Yes, her durability is lower

It was "obviously referring" to the largest meteorites he pulled down, which Jolyne had to dodge and wasn't even hit by? What?

Instead of the "small meteorites" she punched away and nearly put holes in her arms trying to do so with her stand?

AP and Dura are 8-C. If they were High 8-C they'd scale to each other because of the massive amount of physical exchanges she's had and survived with stands stronger than Stone Free.

What we see of her feats line up with statements just fine. There is no need to assume more than that especially considering the amount of strain it took her to deflect an 8-C meteorite.

Most of this seems fine, but the entire point of using the + signs is that characters have to be proven to be at least halfway into a tier.

Otherwise we use "At least ... likely higher" instead.

@Ant The point is they only have to be a miniscule fraction of a decimal of a ton higher to be 8-C+ in this case

I think it's pretty weird to use the whole "molecule sized meteor" argument to deny Jolyne's meteor statement. For numerous reasons:

1. Meteorites smaller than 2mm are classified as micrometeorites. I'm pretty sure the statement would clarify that if the "meteorite" SF is being compared to were around a size that would make its strength insignificant.

2. SF's strength wouldn't be notable if it were comparable to a micrometeorite. Otherwise the statement would be contradicted every time Stone Free inflicted damage with a punch. And Stone Free is clearly superhuman.

So that leaves only two possibilities:

1. Stone Free is comparable to a decently-sized meteorite

2. Stone Free is comparable to a large meteorite

I think 8-C via scaling to the meteors is perfectly fine.

@Weekly

Okay. Then it should be fine.

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
Also just wanting to ask, what justifies JOtaro and other stand users having MFTL reactions
Them being able to follow fights with their stands.

@Arbitrary

I'm not denying the meteor statement. I'm saying we should use the feat she actually demonstrates instead of using the absolute maximum size of a meteorite Viviano can produce.

8-C is what I've been saying yes to this entire time.

Maybe I should also mention another plot-hole about when did Jonathan impregnate Elisa, I never saw any indication/implication at the time of their marriage of them pounding the tuna

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
Maybe I should also mention another plot-hole about when did Jonathan impregnate Elisa, I never saw any indication/implication at the time of their marriage of them pounding the tuna
After JoJo defeated Dio.

Also I don't see the point of mentioning this here.

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
But... why are you saying that in the downgrade thread?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
What about the characters that scale from Part 8 Kira? Are they going to remain large building?
Yeah. Sadly Part 8 and Parts 1-6 don't scale so we're in a weird situation where Part 8 has the strongest mid-tiers.

Because they're from different universes and have nothing to do with each other.

This was already discussed and debated, at that.

I don't see a ruling or concluded thread, @Dargoo. It'd be best if you included that in this one since it revolves around AP.

DMUA said:
That thread wasn't concluded nor did it have a consensus.

Nor does it fill in the massive gaps in the logic in scaling the alt universe counterparts to the original universe.

Give me a single reason that they scale other than them looking and acting similar and I'll actually take your argument seriously.

Thread:1711598 also disagrees.

Look I'm not saying you're wrong it just seems like there's no conclusive "WE'VE DONE IT" thread that's happened yet, just a lot of discussion. Just get people to vote on the one you recently created and it should be fine, right?

Also what massive gaps in logic? Do you really think Araki wanted THE WORLD and The World to be different stands and have different strengths? Why would there stand stats be the same? Why would they have the same ability?

I agree with Killer Queen and Killer Queen8 since they're clearly not the same stand, but COME ON with AU Diego and DIO.

The same stand

With the same stats

With the same powers

In the same continuity

There is literally no reason to say they're completely different other then "muh MIH" which, unless we want to add Law and Conceptual manipulation to Pucci's Profile, doesn't mean squat.

That's the circle the thread has gone through with you spinning one side and Saikou and me spinning the other.

Author intent is worthless as an argument without statements.

Diego is a totally different character than DIO. If you want to argue so much that they have the same stand you can actually see notable visual differences between the two (some of the symbols and designs).

I'm not saying the argument is said and done for Part 7. I'm saying it is for Part 8, which is why you don't see 8-B on Jo2uke right now.

Back