• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Dark649 said:
I noticed some profile are 8-C+, is that fine?.
It's because a calc done for the lower-tiers of the verse is a hair's length away from 8-C+, and Dio/Jotaro/etc. should be far above that.

That and there's an 8-C+ calc already for Jotaro.

Nevermind, I just realized it wasn't someone adding them; it was me forgetting to remove them.

I'll fix them.

@Dark

Part 1:

• 8-C: Pre-Deep Pass Jonathan, William Zeppeli, Straitzo, Dire, Tarkus, Bruford.
  • 8-C+: Post-Deep Pass Jonathan, Dio Brando
Part 2:

Pretty much everyone we have as profiles is 8-C+ except Pre-Training Joseph, who should be 8-C.

Part 3:

• 9-A: Iggy and Pet Shop
  • 8-C: Joseph?, Kakyoin, Polnareff, Avdol?, Hol Horse, Devo the Cursed, Vanilla Ice, Yellow Temperance's Durability, Alessi's Durability
  • 8-C+: DIO, Jotaro
Part 4:

• 9-B: Yukako, Koichi's Dura
  • 8-C: Koichi's ACT 3, Rohan's Durability, Yuya's Durability
  • 8-C+: Josuke, Okuyasu?, Kira, Akira w/o Morioh's energy absorbed, Stray Cat, Bug-Eaten (sigh)
  • 8-B: Akira w/ Morioh's energy absorbed

Wait, nevermind my nevermind, you're the one who added the + modifiers for some of those peeps.

We agreed that only the strongest physical stands should be 8-C+; I.E.: Those that scale directly to Star Platinum.

1] In another thread it was discussed that Kakyoin pierced through 8-C+ Star Platinum and Dio skin, also destroyed Gray Fly, which pierced through Star Platinum hand.

2] Joseph might be phisically weaker than PT2, Holhorse stand was stated to be able to kill the joestars.

3] Polnareff harmed Star Platinum with Anubi's sword, Avdul pressured Jotaro and defeated polnareff and Vanilla Ice craked Silver Chariot armor.

4] Devo was beginning to cut Silver Chariot, Rubber Soul blocked an attack from SP and Alessi took a beatdown from SC and SP.

5] Koichi Act 3 is currently rated at Unknown, for his dura it survived attacks from KQ and Kira really wanted to kill him, Okuyasu can harm Yosuke and Bug-Eaten profile was not upgraded.

But, i recently found something more about them, if you can confirm.

1] Even Kakyoin stand with 8-C ap can pierce Star Platinum and Dio skin.

2] Holhorse Emperor could be just 8-C because he mainly aims for headshots.

3] Polnareff was boosted by the Anubi's sword, allowing him to give problems to Jotaro via their combined swords assaults, this makes the other stuff 8-C.

4] Rubber stand and Alessi dura can be 8-C.

5] Kira thought that he could kill Koichi with weaker attacks.

Yes, also C Tier offensive stands could be 8-C+ from Gold Experience, which damaged Sticky Finger which is more durable than Bruno himself, who survived fatal blows from KG.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Its not real flight, just really good jumps, with assistance from Stands.
I wouldn't really call that jump good considering the fact that Jotaro's feet randomly left the ground without any muscle spams while Star Platinum and The World were still clashing. He was in air standing still for a long time without any Stand assistance.

If you can get the speed at which they traveled, yeah.

I did that for when DIO drops the road roller on Jotaro, and it came out as 9-A in the high end.

How bad were his injuries? You can survive a beating from someone much stronger than you with broken bones and bruises; that doesn't mean you have the ability to tank hits that strong.

If he didn't suffer anything major, his dura should be 8-C+; if he had broken bones or was sent out of commision for a while, 8-C should suffice.

He was just wounded, and endured a fist flurry from Crazy Diamond when Josuke was saving Koichi and Okayasu. Not much life threatening injuries, that's all.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
He was just wounded, and endured a fist flurry from Crazy Diamond when Josuke was saving Koichi and Okayasu. Not much life threatening injuries, that's all.
Tbh, that's not even his best dura feat. He did tank Bites Za Dusto a few times before being atomised. He got heavily injured, but wasn't dying immediately until the repeated explosions finally got him. For reference, Bites Za Dusto explodes inside your head which makes it even more impressive. To take the impressiveness even further beyond, BtD instakilled Jotaro, Josuke, Okuyasu and Koichi. All at once and in one explosion for each.

Its almost definitely an outlier, but just putting it out there.

I don't know if this is an outlier but in their first meeting, Rohan throws pen nibs at Josuke's face which got embedded in and made Josuke bleed. This may be a justification for personal AP higher than 10-A. Bug-Eaten is 8-C+ for the very same thing btw.

It's piercing weaponry and it only scratches his face.

We can remove the + from Bug-Eaten if Polnareff is only 8-C. 8-C piercing can harm 8-C+.

Rohan needs 8-C+ durability. Josuke was clearly bloodlusted, Okuyasu even said he's the type of guy to go into a "blind" rage, as in you're not actively holding back or worried about harming someone too much; you literally just focus on wanting to punch and harm.

The gaps in AP and Dura that piercing weaponry can close are only so big.

Sure you could cut a tree with a pocket knife, but what if that tree could tank nukes without being harmed at all? You can't do that unless you have an absurd degree of superhuman strength behind it.

I'm a little sketchy though as it's not every day you find a stand user who can damage people that can endure stand beatdowns.

Your analogy is weird. At the end of the day, if Jotaro and DIO tier characters are 8-C+ then the main cast is only in reality a few tons less then them, not drastically far behind.

Avdol, Polnareff, Jotaro and Joseph are not supposed to be a match for DIO physically. How does it make sense to say they are on equal footing with an immortal vampire? DIO was just as muscular as them AND he took a strength enhancing mask. They will never come close by themselves and shouldn't with their stands. Star Platinum is the exception, he can contest both the vampire and The World. He also ***** on the rest of the main casts stands including Silver Chariot and Magician's Red, even if they can contest via hax for a fair amount of time.

Silver Chariot is not 8-C+ if Star Platinum is so much stronger than it. The only explanation for him harming DIO is that he's using piercing weaponry. The same way I can shoot a wall level bear and fatally injure it, he can stab an 8-C+ DIO and potentially slay him.

Sorry for the convuluted explanation.

I'm referring to Rohan. Of course it's going to be noticeably lower; I'm saying it would require a degree of superhuman strength to do that to someone with 8-C+ durability just by throwing sharp objects. One that would justify Rohan being above 10-A physically.

Regardless I'm still hesistant to just accept it as no stand user, no less one with a physically weak stand, has ever shown the ability to damage someone with 8-C durability.

I'm a little skeptical about giving Rohan 8-C AP though. That's saying he's as strong as Magician's Red, Silver Chariot and Jonathan Joestar... really?

I'd likely call it an outlier since his face was scratched up at the most and he was using piercing items.

Yeah, that's what I said initially. It is a legitimate feat that would actually scale, it just isn't consistent at all.

Back