• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jean Pierre Polnareff VS. Weiss Schnee

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo He literally said in his comment he was leaning towards Weiss what are you talking about?
Go ahead, im used to being reported for no reason at this point
He said he was leaning to Weiss

But he also said he was retracting his vote, so we cant count it

Leaning towards =/= a vote

I say shit like that all the time, and preface it with "not voting". He did the same.

"Let's count the vote of the guy who said he retracted his vote"

Sigh.

Pol: 9 (Tactical, Xtasyamphetamine, RebubleUselet, Jinx, Dargoo, Demise, DMUA, Iapatus, Dziga)

Weiss: 4 (Paulo.Junior.969, Schnee One, Mr. Common Sense, Weekly)

Incon: 1 (DALOKA)

Grace begins either way.

TFW you make a massive list of all the different ways Weiss can beat Pol a dozen times over but people ignore it under the reasoning of 'lol nah Pol pokes gg' with no actual reasoning and its being counted as legitimate

TFW repeating arguments that I already responded to and treating it as if there was no arugment in the first place.

It's like you don't want to even recognize there was a counterargument to anything you said.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
She's doing neither of these when she can't see what's attacking her. And Polnareff doesn't explain his attacks anymore after getting beaten by Avdol, which means she's not gaining any info from Polnareff about what's hitting her, making her mad. Which results in recklessness.
"Actually, there was a new argument, which was the possibility of speed amp gap being wider. And most people didn't change their vote, they just retracted them because they wanted to see if it went anywhere, which it wouldn't have otherwise due to grace having started. Is it really a bad thing that people want to hear more arguments? To me it seems like you're upset because Weiss doesn't win without all arguments being kade for her opponent"

"People are ignoring that SC is invisible, and they're saying that Weiss would throw out all of her attacks on a single unarmed person.

Why would she speed amp? Is Polnareff faster than her in combat? No. Silver Chariot is, and she cannot see it, hence she has no reason to amp herself.

Why would she freeze Polnareff? Why would she use her intangible homing attacks? Is Polnareff trying to kill her at first glance? No. Silver Chariot is, and again, she can't see it."

"SBA means that she's in character and willing to kill. All she sees is Polnareff, so he walks/runs up to Polnareff to stab him in close range, since she's not using ice powers against someone who is completely unarmed at first glance, but nevertheless she is killing him. Silver Chariot proceeds to stand rush her once she approaches him."

"Everyone ignored my argument"

~ Weekly, 2018

Pol: 12 (Tactical, Xtasyamphetamine, RebubleUselet, Jinx, Dargoo, Demise, DMUA, Iapatus, Dziga, Schnee, Chanart, Torli)

Weiss: 3 (Paulo.Junior.969, Mr. Common Sense, Weekly)

@Dargoo Because its in character for her to speed amp. She doesnt need to see it to feel it and think its a TK semblance she needs to be faster to avoid or use barriers to block

She freezes him because its in character for her to do so. She would use her homing atatcks because its in character for her to do so.

It is 10000000% out of character for weiss to cross a massive gap to attack an opponent hundreds of meters away. Her ice powers can and have been done through melee strikes meaning even in melee combat she can touch him and he'd be frozen. Its not out of character for her to do so against an unarmed opponent.

So yes, everyone ignored my argument

I like how you talk about it being out of character for her to close distance in the same breath you talk about Weiss freezing Polnareff at a close distance being a win con.

And ignore SC deflecting attacks that only phase through environmental objects.

And how those aren't true homing attacks, but that's for a CRT. She controls the tragectory, they don't automatically follow the target. Polnareff has experience against this with his fights against Hol Horse.

@Dargoo Because Pol would have to cross the distance to be able to even attack Weiss as he can only attack from a few meters away vs Weiss who can attack from several hundred

They phase through enemies as well and if SC tries to deflect them it would get frozen

They are true homing attacks, did you watch the video i sent you? They target enemies even after theyve been sent flying in multiple different directions. Weiss doesnt control their trajectory in any way shape or form.

WeeklyBattles said:
They phase through enemies as well and if SC tries to deflect them it would get frozen
That's odd. The description Gargoyle gave me explicitly stated that they travel through the environment, not enemies.

"Because Pol would have to cross the distance to be able to even attack Weiss as he can only attack from a few meters away vs Weiss who can attack from several hundred"

I've already stated Weiss closes distance in character as opposed to sniping from hundreds of meters away and would have no reason not to close distance, and I've gotten no solid evidence against that. Can you give me an abundance of battles where she was half a kilometer away from the enemy when fighting?

"They are true homing attacks, did you watch the video i sent you? They target enemies even after they've been sent flying in multiple different directions."

Gar already explained that it's described as her controlling the trajectory of the attack, although Pol could just deflect them even if that's the case.

And the video you sent me doesn't even have projectiles in it, it's just her hitting target with her sword.

I can give you clips of the attacks traveling through enemies if you like

She does not. More often than not she range spams and rarely engages in melee combat unless her opponent is the one to engage first. Give me a few minutes and i'll gladly give you all the evidence you could ever want.

Gar was talking about the restraint glyphs, those arent homing attacks, the clip i posted was her homing attack.

All of the projectiles in this clip are her homing attack.

Waiting for the evidence on the first two. And you'd need a metric ton, considering how often Weiss is in melee range during battles.

Pol deflects, or finds a way to redirect the attacks.

Working on it

Gonna need actual proof because ive both read and watched part 3 and he's never done anything to be able to redirect a homing attack, and if he deflects he gets frozen

WeeklyBattles said:
Gonna need actual proof because ive both read and watched part 3 and he's never done anything to be able to redirect a homing attack, and if he deflects he gets frozen
Silver Chariot has deflected far more intense elemental attacks before, lol. Watch his fight with Avdol. Deflecting the projectile is also his first move against ranged stands, watch his fight with Hol Horse. Only reason that didn't work is because Hol anticipated Polnareff blocking and adjusted accordingly. Also since we have a statement of her controlling the projectiles there is no evidence of homing. It may appear like that, but it's shown that she controls where they go.

And it's not getting frozen. Heck, the grimm in that vid you linked me were just mildly damaged, not frozen.

I don't need to go back to the speed amping; Pol amping and completely outspeeding other stand users is much more substantial than what we see of Weiss' amping.

What Iap said.

That's three out of what, how many battles has she been in?

Also notice how she wasn't constantly moving away from the Nevermore as it approached her, like you assume she's going to do with Polnareff as he moves towards her?

"Range spamming ABRN"

The clip you linked me has her literally closing distance to attack them before anything else.

@Dargoo As i said vefore, all her other fights started with her in melee range of the opponent where they forced he rinto melee range

She doesnt have to move away, at several hundred meters she'll have plenty of room to range spam

One of the clips legit proved my point. She moved to melee attack them from a range.

The other clip showed her not moving away at all as an enemy at a range approached her, which is what Pol will likely do.

Pol: 13 (Tactical, Xtasyamphetamine, RebubleUselet, Jinx, Dargoo, Demise, DMUA, Iapatus, Dziga, Schnee, Chanart, Torli, Chartate)

@Dargoo No it dodnt, she didnt close any gap at all she just range spammed

Yes and she'll range spam and hit him just like the nevermore

The second link:

Guy is approaching RWBY, "who's got yours"

Glyph appears, Weiss proceeds to close distance and kick him in the face.

That isn't range spam, that's exactly what I'm saying she would do.

Even if that was the case, she won't run away if he closes distance, which is what he'll do for sure. Meanwhile Silver Chariot can deflect projectles as it moves in.

Pol: 14 (Tactical, Xtasyamphetamine, RebubleUselet, Jinx, Dargoo, Demise, DMUA, Iapatus, Dziga, Schnee, Chanart, Torli, Chartate, Jobbo)

Pol: 15 (Tactical, Xtasyamphetamine, RebubleUselet, Jinx, Dargoo, Demise, DMUA, Iapatus, Dziga, Schnee, Chanart, Torli, Chartate, Jobbo, Chosen)

Pol: 17 (Tactical, Xtasyamphetamine, RebubleUselet, Jinx, Dargoo, Demise, DMUA, Iapatus, Dziga, Schnee, Chanart, Torli, Chartate, Jobbo, Chosen, Kysan, Crimson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back