• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

Because, according to Ant, it was "borderline speculative fanfiction"; as far as I know, it doesn't appear in any comics, and its only basis for existing was an interview where Grant Morrison commented that he always imagined DC Comics as a tiny flaw someone drew on the Overvoid, which is far too flimsy for that "someone" to even have a profile at all, let alone to infer an all-powerful "Writer" who sees the Overvoid as fiction or any of its abilities.
Here's another question I have: If the Overvoid contains all the stories in DC Comics, why isn't it on a higher tier and why isn't the cosmology bigger?

Here's another question I have: If the Overvoid contains all the stories in DC Comics, why isn't it on a higher tier and why isn't the cosmology bigger?
I don't understand. The Overvoid isn't on a higher tier because the things it transcends have a certain tier, so it has a tier equal to one layer above what it transcends.

I don't understand. The Overvoid isn't on a higher tier because the things it transcends have a certain tier, so it has a tier equal to one layer above what it transcends.
Well, yeah, but the Overvoid is supposed to hold all the stories together in the DC universe since it's the canvas of the whole background. Why isn't the cosmology bigger than 1-C in this case?

Not to mention all the mathematical dimensions that were listed in this thread. What about those?

It would only scale higher than the rest of DC if it contained the stories under an R>F degree of superiority. Even so, that would only be +1 level of infinity. If we had DC at 1-A for instance, that single R>F transcendence would only amount to a single extra layer into outer (keep in mind that we don't use CSAP's standards where R>F over 1-A is high 1-A rather than a single layer into 1-A). We have most of the higher echelons of DC cosmology in the 1-C ranges, so the Overvoid would be +1 dimensional at best. Viewing the rest of DC cosmology as a trivial flaw is just a single higher level of infinity, and doesn't account for the Infinity^Infinity^Infinity... ad infinitum gap required to go from 1-C to 1-A, or 1-A to high 1-A.
Not to mention all the mathematical dimensions that were listed in this thread. What about those?

200,000 dimensional DC has been debunked for a while, they were just talking about parallel universes.
z4p1fBo.jpg

Also, we don't use random higher dimensional scans unless they can be tied to a specific cosmology.

Well, yeah, but the Overvoid is supposed to hold all the stories together in the DC universe since it's the canvas of the whole background. Why isn't the cosmology bigger than 1-C in this case?

The whole point of the cosmology split is that because different authors have written irreconcilable interpretations of DC, powerscaling between the works of different authors is only considered valid if one can prove an explicit connection between their works. Without explicit evidence, a cosmology isn't allowed to scale to random scans.

Not entirely sure, but here's the link to it on the DC Database.
It’s from the Imperiex Arc (Our Worlds at War) I think Imperiex Prime and his robots where going to cause some sort of chain reaction to destroy the universe via entropy iirc
Scans without proof of scaling to an established cosmology aren't going to be used.

Holy ******* shit DC actually remembered that Zero Hour Parallax was running around after Convergence. He's just been chilling in the future all this time.

ADCreHfh4wsLm98Jjar6gGZpNnwfMqYUbXKL2oGDio9Jn5DfoRio61470jgIVOHTFf0Ey4IoDcGU7aB-ecVLkGvssMAWppCZ9jbK6TAOYG4wtYvHj2n8Bqw=s1600

Also can make himself and others be invisible and intangible to everyone around them, all "It's a Wonderful Life" style."
ADCreHfGTLQFW3_aV7KzsbcnnJJi8JMPUJXcZaILtF75NJwilqOzgmjGud8QPr6v-sGRCJqd3J3Qp7es4dPOmiWs2Dil3fzx27I-uxH3YbX-YSY7JoViOMs=s1600

Edit: Also don't know if it even matters or not but I figured that I might as well post this page where some scientists at Terrifitech (or whatever the company is called) are discussing the model of the multiverse. Dunno if its shit we already know or not but I thought to post it anyway just in case.
ADCreHfV6UGP0zziZsh6RmokS0FEbyjKvMH2PxVuXWja4xnkq08z9UGh5UlqEv-Zm_ny42iWmpYNV2kk9hVVXC6I8iaCae6ybZPtsvId-rzYrlO1D0vah8g=s1600

Last edited:
If the Writer still had a profile, would he be High 1-C?
No, the Overvoid is 7D 1-C, meaning the Writer drawing on it would only scale to its tier, as being able to draw on something doesn't mean you have even 1 R>f layer over it.

Because, according to Ant, it was "borderline speculative fanfiction"; as far as I know, it doesn't appear in any comics, and its only basis for existing was an interview where Grant Morrison commented that he always imagined DC Comics as a tiny flaw someone drew on the Overvoid, which is far too flimsy for that "someone" to even have a profile at all, let alone to infer an all-powerful "Writer" who sees the Overvoid as fiction or any of its abilities.
The Writer does appear in comics. He literally appears in Animal Man multiple times and was a central character within the theme of Grant Morrison’s run. The Writer also later appeared in a Suicide Squad story. However, the justification for his tier was headcanon.

The Writer does appear in comics. He literally appears in Animal Man multiple times and was a central character within the theme of Grant Morrison’s run. The Writer also later appeared in a Suicide Squad story. However, the justification for his tier was headcanon.
@Antvasima Thoughts?

That is not The Writer, that's Grant Morrison. They do not represent every Writer. Grant should have their own profile

That is not The Writer, that's Grant Morrison. They do not represent every Writer. Grant should have their own profile
Grant Morrison is a part of the committee of writers who represent the profile. The name of the profile “The Writer” is a title that can be given to any of those writers who are a part of the committee like Grant. So giving Grant a separate profile would have just been redundant since The Writer profile already covered the character.

Grant Morrison is a part of the committee of writers who represent the profile. The name of the profile “The Writer” is a title that can be given to any of those writers who are a part of the committee like Grant. So giving Grant a separate profile would have just been redundant since The Writer profile already covered the character.
Why would we need 1 profile for every writer? This would be like making a profile for "The Green Lantern"

Why would we need 1 profile for every writer? This would be like making a profile for "The Green Lantern"
One profile was suitable because they are a group with powers and capabilities that aren’t differentiable from one another. It was very similar to how SCP currently has that Swans Proposal profile for the collection of writers. Although none of this really matters anymore because the profile is deleted and most likely won’t be recreated.

Also, someone could technically make a profile for the Green Lanterns corps as a whole. However, the reason there are separate GL profiles is because not only do the GL’s have varying capabilities and power levels, but some of the characters are very central to DC’s history and hold a much greater significance within the universe compared to others. Ex) Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, etc.

The way that The Writer page was constructed mostly turned it into a patchwork headcanon fanfiction character, as it was never established to be a collective entity like The One Above All, just an author avatar for Grant Morrison that was then depowered and killed off in its next Suicide Squad appearance at the same time as it received "The Writer" superhero nickname.

The way that The Writer page was constructed mostly turned it into a patchwork headcanon fanfiction character, as it was never established to be a collective entity like The One Above All, just an author avatar for Grant Morrison that was then depowered and killed off in its next Suicide Squad appearance at the same time as it received "The Writer" superhero nickname.
@Deagonx @Elizio33 @PrinceofPein @Eficiente @Firestorm808

it was never established to be a collective entity like The One Above All, just an author avatar for Grant Morrison that was then depowered and killed off in its next Suicide Squad appearance at the same time as it received "The Writer" superhero nickname.
This is essentially the sum of it. A large part of what "The Writer" profile did was take unrelated interviews from Morrison talking about the Overvoid having the Multiverse drawn on it against its will in 2008, assumed this must refer to his self-insert author avatar from his 90s Animal Man run despite him never saying this, and then extrapolating that "The Writer" is some ultra high-tier R>F transcending being, in a manner that was so far removed from his actual depiction in Animal Man that he was borderline unrecognizable.

It was fanfiction with little to no basis in what was actually printed in the comics, and the Writer character doesn't really satisfy our DC notability rules for profile creation anyways.

One profile was suitable because they are a group with powers and capabilities that aren’t differentiable from one another. It was very similar to how SCP currently has that Swans Proposal profile for the collection of writers. Although none of this really matters anymore because the profile is deleted and most likely won’t be recreated.

Also, someone could technically make a profile for the Green Lanterns corps as a whole. However, the reason there are separate GL profiles is because not only do the GL’s have varying capabilities and power levels, but some of the characters are very central to DC’s history and hold a much greater significance within the universe compared to others. Ex) Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, etc.
Are you sure they all have the same powers?

Idk if we will count that since he was very quickly killed after a few more beams. More examples might be needed.
1. Parallax shot the Trapper 3 times in their first encounter, the Trapper was finally killed when Parallax shot the 4th (final) blow.
2. I shall add the fight between the Trapper and Infinite Man in both the AP and Durability section.

Edit: Change my mind on adding the Trapper and Infinite Man fight, I think there’s enough for durability.

Last edited:
Back