• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

It's that TIME again.(Jiren, Goku and Hit potential upgrade, DBS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like a hole in Jiren's muscles but not one that like penetrates into his body.

Still, he was able to fight on par with Jiren and even block SOME of his attacks, and affect him if even slightly. God Goku wasn't able to hurt Beerus either, but still scaled to him due to being in the same category of strength. I think Hit scales too, but to a lesser level than Ultra Instinct Goku.

Shock97 said:
So changing the color of the sky has no corolation with AP so what will we make of it? Any hax?
He can make his opponent go "What the heck? Why did I just change in color?". Even if said being was infinite sized.

@Shock

You can change the color of the sky by changing the way light scatters across it. You can't use that for AP.

Ryukama said:
No indication of holding back? How about the fact that this is a tournament where you're disqualified if you kill your opponent and Jiren later glares away Hit's ultimate attack then completely fodderizes him?

a) That doesn't automatically suggest he was holding back, previously we se him use power to a point where Goku could have died yet did nothing to activelly avoid that situation, even if the GP didn't consider Goku supposedly dying from getting hit by his own attack that's something he couldn't have known in anticipation.

b) blocking his attack with a glare isn't an indication of it being a casual feat for him as much as it is being the only reliable option as the rest of his body was struggling to overcome Hit's time-lock.

I believe the properties of his attack need to be better analyzed to conclude it bypasses durability.

Seeing invisible attacks may also be put for Jiren, but that's most likely just him sensing the ki based attack. Which, i think, Goku did.

AguilaR101 said:
a) That doesn't automatically suggest he was holding back, previously we se him use power to a point where Goku could have died yet did nothing to activelly avoid that situation, even if the GP didn't consider Goku supposedly dying from getting hit by his own attack that's something he couldn't have known in anticipation.
Maybe it doesn't automatically mean he did hold back but it means it's reasonable for him to hold back in conjunction to things further suggesting he held back. There's evidence he held back, and a reason to counter the "But why would he hold back".

No if you can block someone's strongest attack with just a mere glare you are definitely far above him. Goku even says "[I]just[/I] his glare" implying that this is a showing of strength. Yeah Jiren couldn't use his full body at the time said:
I'm aware of how bad he got stomped. Still, no one else except Goku even managed to FIGHT against him, meaning that while vastly inferior, he's at least somewhat comparable.

When Jiren is clearly restraining himself to such ludicrous degrees I don't find it reliable to scale them. Even if Hit did manage to fight against held back Jiren. I mean this is like saying Maji Kayo and Kale "while vastly inferior are still somewhat comparable cause they managed to survive an attack from him". No Jiren was holding back immensely on them, just as he blatantly was for Hit.

I'm fine with his Time-Lock attack being High 3-A since it did legitamate, if minor, damage to Jiren.

Hit The Badass said:
Can you add "Trapping people in time/Time lock" in Hit's profile?
Maybe "Able to paralyze people by freezing time around them" or something. I'm waiting until we can reach some consensuses before adding stuff.

I agree with "Able to paralyze people by freezing time around them"

Also as to recap:

1.It was agreed that Hit be upgraded to "3-A. High 3-A with Time Lock."

2.it was also agreed that Jiren could block intangible attacks and has Mid-Low Regenerationn.

It was implied that Jiren broke free due to his power, not his speed. "Jiren possesses power that transcends time itself" "Are you telling me that time itself is nothing against Jirens strength?"

Both times imply his power, not speed. So I don't think this would be a speed feat. But unlike Goku, it's not hax resistance. It is stated it's due to his power being so high he transcends time.

I haven't read EVERYTHING above due to lack of time, but I agree with 4D Jiren

If we compromise to 4-D High 3-A (I've said it before, and it is beginning to sound redundant, but I still want to see if the staff who thought Low 2-C was a good idea last week have any thoughts) then I think we should add that in those characters' AP, which is currently as it is for shaking infinity. I also agree with the abilities being added to Jiren and Hit, and I think that Hit's tier should be 3-A, possibly High 3-A or 3-A, High 3-A with Time Lock/strongest assassination skills. The Grand Priest's color change thing doesn't really reflect much, and even if it were related to his AP, he's already High 3-A, on the 4-D side if that's what is decided upon.

Jiren has only resistance to time manipulation,it does not transcend time. if he transcended time,he would not struggle to get out of hit skill.

Lets not wank Jiren and act like he can stop every time-based attack. He was locked in time but he was resisting it quite well, he only broke through it when he stopped the attack.

No if you can block someone's strongest attack with just a mere glare you are definitely far above him. Goku even says "just his glare" implying that this is a showing of strength. Yeah Jiren couldn't use his full body at the time, that only makes it even worse since Jiren had a handicap.

This is like saying Jim could use nothing but his pinky finger to fight off Bob at the time, and he did, but the fact Jim could beat Bob with only his pinky finger doesn't mean Jim's much stronger than Bob. Except a glare is far more casual than a pinky finger.

Again, if Jiren "with just his glare" deflects Hit's strongest attack that is meant to finish him off, do you really think he tried all that much earlier on?

A handicap that was outright stated to be actively sustained Hit's power mind you, you may argue about hax being involved in the matter but point stands that Hit was actively using energy in order to keep Jiren in place, had his energy being an infinite tier below Jiren's he would've run out of power instantly.

The argument of it being just a glare doesn't correlate with the how casual the attack may or may not be, for one he is very clearly using energy along with his glares and is not as if you can equate using a glare embedded with energy as using a pinky.

Case in point, Hit is able to guard agains Jiren's punches in the very next scene after his attack fails, yet is unable to do against another eye attack coming from Jiren, which only serves to make your stance questionable.

For me I would go with a 3-A to possibly High 3-A with time lock Hit

At least 3-A to High 3-A Jire

3-A to possibly High 3-A Goku with Ultra Instinct form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back