• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hit's Time Skip: A final explanation.

While I'd be fine with scratching the Goku reacting to the TS as an animation inconsistency, I wouldn't call only the 0.5 as Time Stop, as the idea of it it's literally just the previous version but longer.
Oh sorry, I worded that wrongly, lemme specify

The 0.1 and 0.2 versions, hit can't attacked during the stopped time but at the end of it, allowing advanced analytical prediction to counter

At 0.5 and above he specifically attacks during the time stop, so I guess it's krie accurate to say it has tike stop, but hit only gains the ability to attack during the skipped time at 0.5 sec and up

Oh sorry, I worded that wrongly, lemme specify

The 0.1 and 0.2 versions, hit can't attacked during the stopped time but at the end of it, allowing advanced analytical prediction to counter

At 0.5 and above he specifically attacks during the time stop, so I guess it's krie accurate to say it has tike stop, but hit only gains the ability to attack during the skipped time at 0.5 sec and up
except, that in the 0.1 and 0.2 skips he moved (explained here) and for his Pocket Dimension to work, it can't be Time Stop else there is no Time that is "Skipped" to be "Stored", if we take it as Time Stop, then Vados and Whis' explanation of how his Pocket Dimension is created makes no sense

I feel like the best answer is saying Hit can do everything we see and having to just bite the bullet on it, because it’s literally just not consistent enough to know what to remove or add, and the secondary sources only add more confusion. Like, I was gonna suggest it’s actually the opposite of Strym’s Blog-

(What if instead of “passing time normally and freezing it for everyone else” {making it appear as if it’s skipping}, Hit is legitimately freezing time and that frozen time is “skipped” for him specifically because of that minor lapse in his personal timeline, which he then stores?)—But this doesn’t account for the time Goku reacted Mid-Skip Pre-Kaioken, or how Goku was able to Analytically Predict the attack, (or rather, hyper increases the feat), etc. etc.

It seems to be necessarily Time Freezing, as well as Time Traveling (Skipping), as well as all the Pocket Dimension/Tides of Time abilities we see. The further/longer we go on, the more it feels like we’re trying to push a square peg into a circle.

the more i try to analyse it, the less sense it makes, Mm

which he says that he did those by "extending" his Time Skip, so for that to make sense it would need to be Time Stop from the beginning...........which then Goku moved during in the prior times where he used it
Wym "prior times"? Goku was merely making sudden movements to match his predictions in order to keep up with Hit, he wasn't "moving" in his TS.

Wym "prior times"? Goku was merely making sudden movements to match his predictions in order to keep up with Hit, he wasn't "moving" in his TS.
He’s talking about any time Goku reacted to being hit Mid-Skip. Or in instances where it’s not feasible for Goku to move in time unless he also moved Mid-Skip, unless he’s literally reacting at infinite speed (because Hit’s attacks are literally instant to everyone but himself, taking place in an unconventional simulated 0 time) when he has a very clear position in his was in prior in the Midst of Time Skip, of in this case, Time Stop. (Such as the Base form Block or the SSB Punch Kick).

Last edited:
Or in instances where it’s not feasible for Goku to move in time unless he also moved Mid-Skip, unless he’s literally reacting at infinite speed (because Hit’s attacks are literally instant to everyone but himself, taking place in an unconventional simulated 0 time) when he has a very clear position in his was in prior in the Midst of Time Skip. (Such as the Base form Block or the SSB Punch Kick).
I just think that was just the animators being lazy. Remember that the technical quality of the episodes before the ToP was horrible, so this kind of of animation inconsistency is to be expected.

I just think that was just the animators being lazy. Remember that the technical quality of the episodes before the ToP was horrible, so this kind of of animation inconsistency is to be expected.
that doesn't matter for the fact we saw on screen, Goku was in one position, Hit's Time Skip sound effect kicked in, Goku is in a completely different position the moment Hit hit's him, all while Time Skip was activated when Goku was in a specific position

also, that animation argument doesn't work for when Goku reacted to the blows being dealt to him in the 0.5 seconds beatdown, where even his stance changed after the Time Skip, that with the way his Pocket Dimension works, which as i said earlier only makes sense if he is literally skipping time to store it, makes Time Stop as inconsistent as the non Time Stop option

altho, since the term "Skip" is always used, i might have a proposal that maybe explains all these conundrums, i will write it later after i take a break to eat

I just think that was just the animators being lazy. Remember that the technical quality of the episodes before the ToP was horrible, so this kind of animation inconsistency is to be expected.
This could be totally true, but it’s still a problem nonetheless. Especially since nothing about Anime Timeskip, except the basic idea of stopping time for .1 seconds (which is contradicted by Manga Hit saying he’s “going into the future”) and slowing opponents with an application of it on a single person (Time Cage/Lag) matches Manga Time Skip at all. It’s a totally unique thing with no reference point, so we don’t know what to keep or cut.

also, that animation argument doesn't work for when Goku reacted to the blows being dealt to him in the 0.5 seconds beatdown, where even his stance changed after the Time Skip, that with the way his Pocket Dimension works, which as i said earlier only makes sense if he is literally skipping time to store it, makes Time Stop as inconsistent as the non Time Stop option
His stance was functionally identical, changed only by angle/lack of curve from the perspective we’re seeing him from.

Edit: Also, for some reason, his right arm lmao?

Last edited:
except, that in the 0.1 and 0.2 skips he moved (explained here)
No he didn't, he predicted where hit would timeskip to and how he would attack and adjusted his body accordingly, this is literally the running point of the fight and why he wanted to withstand his 0.2sec strikes to adjust its ALSO why hit went from only landing one hit after each TS ended to dozens during TS and stopping once it ended. You're the only one still trying to claim he moved
and for his Pocket Dimension to work, it can't be Time Stop else there is no Time that is "Skipped" to be "Stored", if we take it as Time Stop, then Vados and Whis' explanation of how his Pocket Dimension is created makes no sense
Not this again? He moves the time he skips from the normal world to create the pocket dimension, which causes the flow of time to stop on the real world during that time, it's literally where the unconventional time stop comes from

He’s talking about any time Goku reacted to being hit Mid-Skip. Or in instances where it’s not feasible for Goku to move in time unless he also moved Mid-Skip, unless he’s literally reacting at infinite speed (because Hit’s attacks are literally instant to everyone but himself, taking place in an unconventional simulated 0 time) when he has a very clear position in his was in prior in the Midst of Time Skip, of in this case, Time Stop. (Such as the Base form Block or the SSB Punch Kick).
It's just Goku predicting what hit would do and then readjusting after 0.1sec, it seems instant from the outside perspective, these people are MFTL+++ in speed, Hit does not attack on 0 time, even if he attacks after the TS, until he started attacking inside the timeskip, we are directly shown when Goku reacted mid time skip, and it was after he went KKx10
This could be totally true, but it’s still a problem nonetheless. Especially since nothing about Anime Timeskip, except the basic idea of stopping time for .1 seconds (which is contradicted by Manga Hit saying he’s “going into the future”) and slowing opponents with an application of it on a single person (Time Cage/Lag) matches Manga Time Skip at all. It’s a totally unique thing with no reference point, so we don’t know what to keep or cut.
Which is where consistency comes in, we see him freeze Goku in time at sskkx10, we see him against the mob boss and time is stopped for everyone else, we have secondary material stating that toke is frozen, in the ToP, he was again stated to stop time, it's just that he doesn't do it directly, he transfers the time to his pocket dimension and the result is identical to a time stop on those affected, ergo vados correcting thr notion that he skips it not just stops it. The scene of Goku reacting to 0.5sec TS, yet the very same scene showing that he was actually frozen after, is an animation inconsistency

His stance was functionally identical, changed only by angle/lack of curve from the perspective we’re seeing him from.
his arm and legs are in a different position tho, altho that won't matter for the proposal i thought of

Since it is always said that Hit "Skips" time to store it to make his Pocket Dimension, this tells me that his Time Skip is removing time for everything else but him, aka removing moments, so i think it could fit Causality Manipulation or another Time of time manipulation, and the reason everyone else seems Frozen is because Time was removed, thus beings would be unable to move, so given the "Skip" terminology and what Vados says about Time Skip and his Pocket Dimension, i would say that instead of Time Travel + Time Stop, it could be a way of Causality manip or Time manip via removing the moments that happened in the time frame he describes for the Time Skip, of course, this doesn't answer why Goku could seeminly move when Hit used on him a few times, but since this solves the more egregious contradiction of his Pocket Dimension, i think that covering this bigger contradiction would be enough for us to be able to go with it

about what Goku would resist but surpassing it? either Causality manip or another type of Time manip(whatever it is decided) in which he would resist Hit taking away his time/moments and still move

I get where you’re coming from, there, but that feels like bit too much of a reach to avoid having to just bite the bullet.

No he didn't, he predicted where hit would timeskip to and how he would attack and adjusted his body accordingly, this is literally the running point of the fight and why he wanted to withstand his 0.2sec strikes to adjust its ALSO why hit went from only landing one hit after each TS ended to dozens during TS and stopping once it ended. You're the only one still trying to claim he moved
except in that scene that can't be the case as the Time Skip activates as he is in a very different position

Not this again? He moves the time he skips from the normal world to create the pocket dimension, which causes the flow of time to stop on the real world during that time, it's literally where the unconventional time stop comes from
you are suggesting that it is Time Stop, so time wouldn't be being "Skipped" in the first place to be stored, if the time flow is still in the real world, then he couldn't have stored anything as it would still be where he left it

It's just Goku predicting what hit would do and then readjusting after 0.1sec, it seems instant from the outside perspective, these people are MFTL+++ in speed, Hit does not attack on 0 time
except both are comparable in speed, so it seeming instant for Hit would mean that Goku is blitzing Hit, which wouldn't make sense given they are comparable, also we hear the Time Skip being activated while Goku is still on that position, so that doesn't work to begin with

, even if he attacks after the TS, until he started attacking inside the timeskip, we are directly shown when Goku reacted mid time skip, and it was after he went KKx10
and in the scene i just described in base, and in the 0.5 seconds beatdown

Like, i would agree with you on the Time Stop part if it wasn't for the fact that, Vados' statement is not only saying that it doesn't Stop time, but also explains that for his Pocket Dimension it factually can't stop time else he has nothing to store as nothing was taken to be stored

Which is where consistency comes in, we see him freeze Goku in time at sskkx10, we see him against the mob boss and time is stopped for everyone else, we have secondary material stating that toke is frozen, in the ToP, he was again stated to stop time, it's just that he doesn't do it directly, he transfers the time to his pocket dimension and the result is identical to a time stop on those affected, ergo vados correcting thr notion that he skips it not just stops it. The scene of Goku reacting to 0.5sec TS, yet the very same scene showing that he was actually frozen after, is an animation inconsistency
Good thing you agree with my proposal then, that solves things, the secondary material about him stopping time would still be contradicted tho

It's just Goku predicting what hit would do and then readjusting after 0.1sec, it seems instant from the outside perspective, these people are MFTL+++ in speed, Hit does not attack on 0 time, even if he attacks after the TS, until he started attacking inside the timeskip, we are directly shown when Goku reacted mid time skip, and it was after he went KKx10
I was talking about under the context of it being a Time Stop the whole time, not a Time Skip. If it’s straight Time Stop the whole time, based on what we hear from the outside view and how TS just works, it’d be totally instant—Basically simulated infinite speed (as Hit would be crossing distance in literal 0 time). Then Goku would need said level of speed to react to this the way he does after TS activation rather than BEFORE.

I mean the conclusion being Causality Manipulation rather than just a really specific variation of Time Manipulation. I don’t think there’s a real way to get to Causality Manip, despite the validity of your points.
that is why i put a Variation of Time Manip as an option as well

I was talking about under the context of it being a Time Stop the whole time, not a Time Skip. If it’s straight Time Stop the whole time, based on what we hear from the outside view and how TS just works, it’d be totally instant—Basically simulated infinite speed (as Hit would be crossing distance in literal 0 time). Then Goku would need said level of speed to react to this the way he does after TS activation rather than BEFORE.
Hit never attacked while time was skipped until he hit 0.5 which is why analytical prediction worked in the first place, he'd go to a pre determined area, and attack, Goku moved just before he activated TS and adjusted for 0.1s and then attacked where he knew he'd end up

It was at 0.5s that hit attacked inside the skip, meaning it was a literal 0 time attack, and we see the result, Goku getting blitzed, until Goku resisted the skip itself, which is where time stop resistance (rather than infinite speed) comes from

I mean the conclusion being Causality Manipulation rather than just a really specific variation of Time Manipulation. I don’t think there’s a real way to get to Causality Manip, despite the validity of your points.
That can actually work to be fair, as Hit is technically applying the effects of what he'd do in the next 0.1 seconds in the present.
which is contradicted by Manga Hit saying he’s “going into the future”
Wait, which chapter? I must've overlooked it.

If Goku is reacting to Hit by going into the future, wouldn't that be immeasurable speed? Because it's actually happening, isn't it?
He's literally just predicting what would Hit do in said timeframe, thus moving in advance according to what would Hit do in said timeframe. There's no Immeasurable speed going on here.

If Goku is reacting to Hit by going into the future, wouldn't that be immeasurable speed? Because it's actually happening, isn't it?
Definitely not. Goku was only predicting, here, and and even when Goku goes through TS, it’s because of the PL limit of Manga Hit’s hax.

Anime Goku? At this point, Idk. Maybe? Still definitely an outlier, though, if it is accepted as Immeasurable, and thus not applicable to the profile.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Because I think we’ve exhausted all our options here.

Edit: I’m also just kinda burned out of talking about this topic to an extent. This is the third thread, already.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Because I think we’ve exhausted all our options here.

Edit: I’m also just kinda burned out of talking about this topic to an extent. This is the third thread, already.
If we can't put a name to the initial timeskip, then leave it as unconventional time stop based on the 0.5 and beyond, thr job boss fight anf time cage just being timeskip continuously applied, we now for a fact that there is time stop for those affected

If we can't put a name to the initial timeskip, then leave it as unconventional time stop based on the 0.5 and beyond, thr job boss fight anf time cage just being timeskip continuously applied, we now for a fact that there is time stop for those affected
no we don't, as if it only stops time, then the explanation for the pocket dimension makes no sense, and the times where factually moved in it before the Kaioken also contradict this + the manga saying that he goes to the future with Time Skip instead of stopping time, going with Time Stop is as contradictory as not going with Time Stop.....thus my option here:

Since it is always said that Hit "Skips" time to store it to make his Pocket Dimension, this tells me that his Time Skip is removing time for everything else but him, aka removing moments, so i think it could fit Causality Manipulation or another Time of time manipulation, and the reason everyone else seems Frozen is because Time was removed, thus beings would be unable to move, so given the "Skip" terminology and what Vados says about Time Skip and his Pocket Dimension, i would say that instead of Time Travel + Time Stop, it could be a way of Causality manip or Time manip via removing the moments that happened in the time frame he describes for the Time Skip, of course, this doesn't answer why Goku could seeminly move when Hit used on him a few times, but since this solves the more egregious contradiction of his Pocket Dimension, i think that covering this bigger contradiction would be enough for us to be able to go with it

about what Goku would resist but surpassing it? either Causality manip or another type of Time manip(whatever it is decided) in which he would resist Hit taking away his time/moments and still move
would solve most of our problems, explain 1 of the moments where he moves, fit perfectly with the Pocket Dimension explanation and explain why everything seems frozen even tho it is said that it doesn't stop Time

i sincerely think it is our best option here

his arm and legs are in a different position tho, altho that won't matter for the proposal i thought of

How can Goku resist something that's not aimed at him though? If someone removes the time, is he adding it back? I don't really understand how it works here.

Edit: Rewording

no we don't, as if it only stops time, then the explanation for the pocket dimension makes no sense, and the times where factually moved in it before the Kaioken also contradict this + the manga saying that he goes to the future with Time Skip instead of stopping time, going with Time Stop is as contradictory as not going with Time Stop.....thus my option here:
To be fair, he’s also stated he’s stopping Time, just like in the Anime. As well, obviously, do Jaco and the Galactic King. Inconsistencies galore, here

y'all putting more thought into this ability than the creators did is crazy, let it go...
I genuinely believe this is the answer. We cobble all the seen powers related to Time Skip together, give Goku Time Stop Resistance, Analytical Prediction, and Outlier Immeasurable, then slap a note explaining why it’s an Outlier and that Time Skip as a power is inconsistent throughout the Manga and Anime, and that this leads to various abilities that co-exist at once despite contradictory statements, explanations, and feats, necessitating the response given to it.

I genuinely believe this is the answer. We cobble all the seen powers related to Time Skip together, give Goku Time Stop Resistance, Analytical Prediction, and Outlier Immeasurable, then slap a note explaining why it’s an Outlier and that Time Skip as a power is inconsistent throughout the Manga and Anime, and that this leads to various abilities that co-exist at once despite contradictory statements, explanations, and feats, necessitating the response given to it.
This is the best solution

How can Goku resist something that's not aimed at him though? If someone removes the time, is he adding it back? I don't really understand how it works here.

Edit: Rewording
it is being aimed at him, his time/moments would have been taken away, he simply would be able to resist Causality Manip or Time Manip depending on what people want to rate my explanation as

it simply stopping time, at least in the anime, is contradictory to the way his Pocket Dimension works at its core, it is definitely not a good final solution at all as it is as inconsistent, if not more

If someone wants to redo my blog, they're free to do so if they believe to be capable of giving a better explanation than I did. I can give the source code of it as a template if needed.

Back