• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The most wanked character in Naruto versus possibly the most wanked character in Fairy tail

Speed equal

Distance : 1000m

Fight in Konoha

Win by death or KO

Who win and why ?
Itachi full
Zeref-fairy-tail-villains-37553697-745-1072

Depends who pulls their Tsukuyomi+Totsuka/Time Stop+ Death Predation first ;p In case of speed equalized its really hard to say wchich one.

Standard battle assumptions-Both in character and willing to kill and no knowledge of the opponent.

So itachi,even in character spams genjutsu as soon as any fight starts,to the point that even if you are looking at itachi as the match starts you are already under genjutsu.that's how he fights,itachi just needs zeref to look at him to put him under genjutsu instantly.After that itachi can do whatever he wants.

Itachi however cannot kill Zeref without Totsuka sealing or Amaterasu and both are really chakra consuming. Zeref even in genjustu can spam Death Predation (its quite big aoe it killed a pretty big part of forest during his converation with Mavis after GMG) and he really don't neet to try to aim (If speed is equalized Itachi has little to no chance of dodging it) . In character Itachi has never used Amaterasu often (also Totsuka). While combat style of Zeref is yet unknown. He has never fought seriously (either he didnt really want to win (Ultear/Natsu) or he one shotted opponent (Zancrow/Hades). Genjutsu alone will not be enough to finish Zeref (I am truly sure Inazami isnt a techinque used casually).So either Itachi realizes that he must use Amaterau or Totsuka as fast as possible or he is slaughtered as he will eventually run out of stamina.

since verse EQ,MS will discern the physical and power natures of zeref.And i am sure most vsbattles threads use non diseased peak itachi,whose chakra reserves should scale to sasuke who consecutively fought the mizukage,raikage,kazekage,danzo(also killed danzo),kakashi and stalemated naruto's rasengan with his chidori,in one go and no rest in between fights.

Also the way genjutsu works,especially itachi's,once you are caught in genjutsu you are paralyzed,you don't know you are in a genjutsu,itachi keeps you preoccupied with a version of imagination where you are winning,prime example would be when he put orochimaru,kisame and deidara under genjutsu as soon as the respective confrontations began,and they were in the genjutsu entire time,paralyzed in the real world,but feeling and seeing that they were fighting and winning,and these are guys that get trained to deal with genjutsu and know that genjustu is a real thing where the user puts you under illusions,yet they fail to recognize it.

Also i'd like to ask is it in character of zeref to spam death predation as soon as a fight begins? also can he spam it when he is paralyzed and he has no idea that he is in an illusion?

Again an in character willing to kill itachi.we have never seen except against his final encounter with orochimaru,point is itachi never really wants to kill anyone,but he wanted to kill orochimaru at that time,and he didn't waste any time and used susanoo and totsuka off the bat to finish orochimaru.

1.genjutsu need chakra 2.zeref will become more dangerous if someone play with his memory 3.zeref can't control his power 4.zeref is mountain lvl(for now) that meant 1 death wave will kill itachi even with susano o 5.etc

Zeref isn't character shown to figt so much

In his 1st fight he let lower tirer Ulter to win because of confusion, and because he didn't want to kill her wchcih is hard while most of his abilities had one hit kill effect. Then he killed Zancrow just via physical contact and later on Hades with bigger spell (Dark Pillar or something similar). He later fougght vs Natsu but well he had more than one occasion to kill him and wasnt serious, he was just waiting for Natsu attacks and sometimes were attacking him with low level energy blasts. He is oo powerfull in series to act like in true combat, so its really hard. However it is oblivious that he would use his dark predation often, its his signature move he ussually uses it (conciusly or not) even during conversation with Mavis. I am not sue if chakra reserves had something to do with his chackra pool, i always seen him as experienced powerfull and very skilled fighter but i ve never seen him spamming jutsus without any conequences (pre edo ofc).As Omega said Zeref is more dangerous when he isn't controling himself (so in geenjutsu also) as his death waves are coming without his will and may be really dangerous. And last but not least Itachi wont cast amaterasu irst if has no knowledge about immortality (he would rather use low level suitons and high level kattons instead) . It means his techinque potential is crippled against Zeref. And Zeref has no chakra so no genjutsu is going to affect him, unelss we equalize it to ft verse illusions wchich are easy to break.

IIRC Natsu dodged one of Zeref's Death Magic attacks, and this was Pre-TS Natsu too, so he should've been slower than Zeref at the time, so even with speed equalized it's an avoidable move, especially with Sharingan Body Reading/Predicting. So barring Zeref's omnidirectional attack (Depending on it's range, which was not that wide from what I remember, Itachi may be able to escape via Subsitution Jutsu), Itachi should be dodging Zeref's attacks. By this time Itachi should realize he can't take a hit from Zeref's magic or he's dead, so I'd imagine after seeing Zeref's Magic effect on the enviroment around him he would either Tsukiyomi's him or Brings up Susano'o, either way Zeref loses, if it's Susano'o then Yata Mirror should be able to negate Zeref's Death Magic effects and would then proceed to seal him with Totsuka Blade, if it's Tsukiyomi he get's mindf*cked and vegetablized. And before someone brings up Time Stop, we haven't even seen it used with Zeref in a combat situation, hell we don't even know if it was time stop, all that really happen was the guards chasing Natsu were frozen, and even if it was time stop it could need prep for all we know, and they were in Cube a place built by Zeref & E.N.D, so it may be only there where he can use it. Regardless the move is too unknown to be used in a debate yet.

Itachi only have 1 thing that can best zeref Totsuka Blade(seal). as for END he might have broken hax who know

Crimson Eyess said:
IIRC Natsu dodged one of Zeref's Death Magic attacks, and this was Pre-TS Natsu too, so he should've been slower than Zeref at the time, so even with speed equalized it's an avoidable move, especially with Sharingan Body Reading/Predicting. So barring Zeref's omnidirectional attack (Depending on it's range, which was not that wide from what I remember, Itachi may be able to escape via Subsitution Jutsu), Itachi should be dodging Zeref's attacks. By this time Itachi should realize he can't take a hit from Zeref's magic or he's dead, so I'd imagine after seeing Zeref's Magic effect on the enviroment around him he would either Tsukiyomi's him or Brings up Susano'o, either way Zeref loses, if it's Susano'o then Yata Mirror should be able to negate Zeref's Death Magic effects and would then proceed to seal him with Totsuka Blade, if it's Tsukiyomi he get's mindf*cked and vegetablized. And before someone brings up Time Stop, we haven't even seen it used with Zeref in a combat situation, hell we don't even know if it was time stop, all that really happen was the guards chasing Natsu were frozen, and even if it was time stop it could need prep for all we know, and they were in Cube a place built by Zeref & E.N.D, so it may be only there where he can use it. Regardless the move is too unknown to be used in a debate yet.
You kidding me? even Fodder spriggan can do that without any prep....while I kinda agree that might be not time stop, say even if it was time stop it could need prep, is just downplaying him to oblivion.

@Not Jim Sterling I'm not saying that for sure, I'm saying for all we know he may need prep, I also said he may be only able to do so in Cube, it's all speculation including calling it time stop. My point was that we don't know enough about the mechanics of the move so there is no point using it in a debate.

Itd be close but itachi. Mainly because of his genjutsu. Yes tsukuyomi only lasts a few sec but considering his izumi feat , it's possible to kill with tsukuyomi. Even though zeref is immortal, tsukuyomi could theoretically change that and make the opposite reality. Remember that the crow in naruto was only supposed to be genjutsu but in the latter fight it proved to be real. Not to mention he could use that same crow to koto zeref and it's game over

Back