• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou vs Tohru (0-3-1)

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Garou vs Tohru

Garou starts at 7-A.

Speed Equalized.

Man Tohru is going through alot of shit from ONE characters right now.

They start 10m away (30 Feet)

I see 2 ways this can go:

-Tohru instantly BFRs

-Garou does his thing

Who wins?

Garou can neither fly nor levitate so he definitely gets screwed over if Tohru decides to open a portal beneath his feet from the get-go (which is definitely something she opens with against grounded opponents). A casual blast from Tohru would also destroy him beyond what his Regenerationn can deal with. Even with his Type 2, he's still going to be finished before he adapts (which would prompt her to BFR anyway).

Voting for Tohru.

However, Garou has withstood High 6-C fire blast before.

From Orochi

A sandbagging Orochi, but his attacks were rather fatal. Anyways, since Tohru's BFR requires something to happen, such as an opening in the floor, Garou sees this coming via AP+IR, and dodges any attempts of a BFR. He can also move in mid-air, so him being caught by in air portals is unlikely too.

A casual blast could probably destroy him, if it not WSRSF being able to nullify, repel, and reflect the damage at 2x the power. Given that Garou is far more skilled, has more techniques, more intelligent, adaptive, I'm voting Garou.

Phoenks said:
However, Garou has withstood High 6-C fire blast before.
From Orochi
Oh. Well she still has energy blasts to counter his heat resistance but I'm fairly sure that she'd likely proceed with BFR anyway.

The thing is, Tohru is a very dirty fighter. If she thinks Garou might cause her problems, boom! BFR to the dragon realm

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
A sandbagging Orochi, but his attacks were rather fatal. Anyways, since Tohru's BFR requires something to happen, such as an opening in the floor, Garou sees this coming via AP+IR, and dodges any attempts of a BFR. He can also move in mid-air, so him being caught by in air portals is unlikely too.
A casual blast could probably destroy him, if it not WSRSF being able to nullify, repel, and reflect the damage at 2x the power. Given that Garou is far more skilled, has more techniques, more intelligent, adaptive, I'm voting Garou.
Tohru has far better maneuverability in air so directing him through a portal is gonna be pretty easy all things considered. Tohru can also get out of a close quarters scenario by teleporting should it prove too difficult so his skill and technique definitely wouldn't change much. Inferior range also isn't helping his situation.

I wonder what would happen to Garou in the dragon realm.

He might become the strongest thing there lol

Phoenks said:
I wonder what would happen to Garou in the dragon realm.

He might become the strongest thing there lol
As long as he doesn't come across hax that could screw him over then he probably could. Though the dragons would probably just yeet to another realm once he becomes too much too deal with.

Phoenks said:
The thing is, Tohru is a very dirty fighter. If she thinks Garou might cause her problems, boom! BFR to the dragon realm
Covered BFR earlier.

@Planck

Jeez, flying opponents man. And no, Garou was able to move and use WSRSF against Orochi's huge attacks, dodge his huge mouth, etc.

The portals she opens for bfrs are really big since they are meant to be used by dragons

Covered BFR earlier.

@Planck

Jeez, flying opponents man. And no, Garou was able to move and use WSRSF against Orochi's huge attacks, dodge his huge mouth, etc.
Never really refuted that he could use WSRSF or him being able to move mid-air. But Tohru actually having flight means that she has quite the edge in aerial combat. BFRing should be pretty straight-forward. Tohru also heavily outranges so Garou's gonna have a hard time landing an attack on her.

And even if he were to somehow reflect one of Tohru's attacks back at her, a 2x difference isn't one-shotting someone with Low-Mid regen and would prompt to immediately go for BFR.

I would say that, if again, him being able to move in mid-air would reduce his chances of getting BFR'd. Furthermore, since we've gotten to the point that Tohru will need to fly away him, it's likely he could go 6-A and blitz her in the air with sheer speed.

Man I keep giving Garou the worst matchups ever

I still see no reason why Garou COULDNT dodge.
Because his mobility only goes so far. Tohru could open a portal right in front of him while he's moving through the air and his own momentum would move him through, with the portal closing before he could back-track (and I highly doubt that his mobility in air is good to the point that he could arrest his motion and move in the opposite direction).

I would say that, if again, him being able to move in mid-air would reduce his chances of getting BFR'd. Furthermore, since we've gotten to the point that Tohru will need to fly away him, it's likely he could go 6-A and blitz her in the air with sheer speed.
You do know that his reactive evolution mostly works by scaling him above his opponents power while in a fight right? He isn't willing himself to jump tiers anytime soon without being attacked. Tohru would only fly away if he could reflect an attack back at her (she could also teleport but that's neither here nor there).

He actually could. I could link you Garou vs Orochi, just to show you.
Oh, he could? Well that would make it harder for Tohru to BFR but I still see her doing so before Garou could do something to beat her.

Why not, Tohru's been having a rough week. The only argument left I have is that Garou "adapted" while dead, woke up, and oneshot Royal Ripper. But I dunno.

Why not, Tohru's been having a rough week. The only argument left I have is that Garou "adapted" while dead, woke up, and oneshot Royal Ripper. But I dunno.
Tohru most likely gonna start with BFR since it's pretty obvious that he can't fly so that won't really come to pass. At least before he's yeeted.

Yeah, but admittedly that adaption did take hours, as when he woke up it was night. So yeah, Incon FRA.
Tohru's win seems pretty cut and dry but I'll respect your decision.

Analytical Prediction and Instinctive Reaction to dodge a hole in the floor? Treating those abilities as some form of Precognition is hilarious.

Wait, wait, I'll have to pause my incon. Garou can use Abandonment to boost his speed.
Would he really use it from the get-go? Against an opponent 4 km away whom he knows nothing about? Even if he does, that makes it easier for Tohru to catch him in a portal by surprise since he'd have an even harder time controlling his motion through the air. He'd definitely land multiple hits but as he is now, won't truly damage Tohru. Eventually he could but he'd be hanging with the dragons before that happens.

The Calaca said:
Analytical Prediction and Instinctive Reaction to dodge a hole in the floor? Treating those abilities as some form of Precognition is hilarious.
Are they not?

@Planck

I doubt he wouldn't be able to control how boosted speed. Where does it state it's 4km away?

They arent Precog, they are predictions

Precog is the ability to see the future

Are they not?

@Planck

I doubt he wouldn't be able to control how boosted speed. Where does it state it's 4km away?
It's not that he'd be unable to control his motion but moving faster increases the risk of him moving through a portal by accident.

Standard Battle Assumptions

Analytical Prediction is a weaker form of Precognition. It can't predict something like being BFRd unless an AI uses it and show feats.

Garou's AP is for combat. Even if he knows Tohru's hand movement, he has no way of knowing that will send him to another world.

The Calaca said:
Analytical Prediction is a weaker form of Precognition. It can't predict something like being BFRd unless an AI uses it and show feats.
Garou's AP is for combat. Even if he knows Tohru's hand movement, he has no way of knowing that will send him to another world.
You voting? Dragon waifu needs some love...

Back