• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Clarifications on Bayonetta’s ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you like to do changes after 48 hours of the CRT creation since you have gotten 4 staff members who are still entitled to their opinion and confirmed that they read the opposition?
I've not had a chance to thoroughly evaluate the new information on this thread, nor the time to make a reply. However, I have at least been keeping up with the posts, and I'm not going to pretend I don't see this.

This would be incredibly disingenuous. The past page or so of arguments have hardly addressed the opposition's arguments - the majority of the consensus is based on opinions about the EE feat, when the opposition is arguing that the EE feat doesn't even matter for the ratings. With all due respect to the people that have responded to this, most are clearly not actually reading what the opposition is saying.

There is a lot that is still in the dark, and consequentially, a lot worth debating. We still don't know whether the ratings as they stand are valid, and the point of this thread is to determine that. It'd be extremely hasty and disrespectful to close the thread now.

I am aware of what you are trying to say but I acknowledge that I have not come across any rating or key associated with the scaling chain, which, respectfully, seems unrelated to the current discussion at hand regarding whether the key related to ED should be AP or not.

However, despite this awareness, it appears that two staff members have expressed their continued opposition and entitlement, even after confirming that they have read the opposing viewpoint.

So it's not really complete dishonest, even tho, I do dislike when a staff member don't give reasoning to his disagreement accurately or more likely, being precise of what exactly is he disagreeing with.

I feel like a good chunk of the issues here would be fixxed if we addressed the fact that EE is not the only reason why Singularity is Low 1-C. The OP currently treats Singularity as through his only reason for scaling to Low 1-C is through EE, and that if that is removed he would be 2-A, but as proven numerous times here this is not the case. Even if the CRT were closed right now, Singularity's tier would not change, only the reasoning for his tier, yet the OP is treating it as though removing that reasoning would downgrade him to 2-A.

I'm not that big a fan of Bayo and I'm just seeing the discussion as a hobby.

But... as someone watching from the outside, it seems to me that many are not responding to the question of the scale of the previous villains, due to them having AP 5D for being able to destroy the trinity, which Gin is argued to be part of. It seems to me that I'm just talking about the EE and not arguing against the other argument.

Ginnungagap is called the "Chaotic Abyss", in relation to Chaos, it encompasses (specifically) the World of Chaos when it's described as encompassing the parallel worlds, whilst also being in-between those worlds. It's physically impossible for it not to be part of the Trinity of Realities.
Given this, would it not be apt to scale the God tiers to 5D on the basis of QS alone? If we indeed believe Gin is enough to qualify for higher dimensional hax, surely gods who encompass the structure it contains would also scale to it directly?

Given this, would it not be apt to scale the God tiers to 5D on the basis of QS alone? If we indeed believe Gin is enough to qualify for higher dimensional hax, surely gods who encompass the structure it contains would also scale to it directly?
Yes

Exactly

Thank you

@Milly_Rocking_Bandit would you like to do changes after 48 hours of the CRT creation since you have gotten 4 staff members who are still entitled to their opinion and confirmed that they read the opposition?
No, I do not, like I said, I’m leaving a final comment before I do. Getting a nigh-unanimous decision is more important than just winning the debate.

It does, actually. Ginnungagap was used even by scientists as means of inter dimensional travel, and even they acknowledge it as an abyss between worlds.
Them acknowledging it as an inter-dimensional nexus doesn’t mean they know it’s higher-dimensional. They only speak of it being capable of traversing across the multiverse.

This is just your own misinterpretation, and is not founded on actual fact from the series. He did not need to destroy ever universe to affect Ginnungagap, infact, the AlphaVerse still existed despite Ginnun being erased. So saying it’s some sort of environmental-domino is headcanon. Singularity erased Ginnun when he wanted to, just like how he erased the AlphaVerse when he was done using it. He doesn’t need to be present in the universe to erase it, that’s even stated in the lore itself.
That’s because he was merging all the universes into one single reality. Considering the Alphaverse is the only remaining universe after his erasure and absorption of the other universes, I feel that completes what Rodin said is what he would happen.

This is important, because there are always Hommunculi battles in Ginnun, even when the game starts. Which means he’s been holding an invasion on it since the very beginning, while simultaneously affecting infinite other worlds, so he is attacking it directly. Please, do not include your own headcanons when the story makes itself very clear.
That just means his lessers (and not even highly significant ones, like the ones I was referring to) can access it, I’ll ask again: why does nothing ever mention he got significantly stronger through Ginnungagap’s destruction?

Since it was stated before that no other realm surrounded the Trinity when it was one, but it became something that surrounds the multiverse after Chaos was formed means it is a space that is excluded to encompassing Chaos and no other. Simultaneously, due to its existence in the trinity period, it too would be merged.
That doesn’t make sense. If there was nothing before to displace the realities, but then there suddenly is around one of the realities, why would it be fused, instead of it just not being nothing again?

As for the rest. I’ll try to address. For the sake of this argument, I will make no mention of Ginnungagap, so I’d ask the other parties who are reading to just, for a time, forget it exists, as not to further confuse people. Other people mention that the other main villains and the other realms of the Trinity are 5-D, so even if he refrain from the usage of his erasure as a tier, it would still remain. Well, there are several problems with this. Grabbing the description from of Chaos from the most knowledgeable member:

Chaos is the whole structure of the realm. Let’s focus on that word, whole. Currently, the realm Chaos is split into infinite universes, which is the Multiverse. Let’s say that again. Chaos which is normally whole, has been now split. The World of Chaos is the Multiverse that Chaos has been split into. They are not the same thing. Chaos is the whole structure, The world of Chaos is the Multiverse it was split into. Okay? So it’s not two 2-A structures, it’s one whole, that was split into one 2-A structure.
Per Comic’s description, Chaos, and the World of Chaos, are entirely distinct realms. Chaos is the totality of the realm, and the World of Chaos is the multiverse that was infinitely fragmented apart.

Now, look back at the important scans I used in the op.

“the sum of energy absorbed from the systematic destruction of parallel worlds in the multiverse to increase his power to the limit

“become one with the chaotic energy of the Multiverse

Singularity's finished form in which it has completely integrated chaos energy. It has become an existence that could be viewed as the World of Chaos itself - the universe as it is recognized by mankind, that directs all logic in this world.

On three separate occasions, they cite his power being gained from the World of Chaos. Not Chaos, but the World of Chaos. His attack power is at its limit due to the World of Chaos, he became one with the chaotic energy of it, and he could be viewed as the World of Chaos as a whole. I’m sure you all see the glaring issue here, which is the fact that is that it definitively puts his AP and existence at a 4-D level, as per the description of distinction that Comic granted. But let’s continue moving on. Everyone asserts the other two villains, Baldur (Bayonetta 1), and Aesir (Bayonetta 2), are also Low 1-C physically. The issue with this is that, they can’t.

Singularity is stated the strongest villain in the series, who’s on par with them. Returning to the earlier portions of the game, it’s stated that the power you could (not saying that was his goal, as per what Comic asserted) attain from what Singularity was accomplishing could wipe out the entire Trinity. But in here lies the biggest question. Assuming the Trinity (Paradiso, Inferno, Chaos [again, Chaos, not the World of Chaos]) is to be 5-D, I ask:

How is the destruction, absorption, and becoming of the multiverse, a 4-D space, enough power to wipe out not one, not two, but three infinitely higher 5-D realms, in so much as a snap?

That’s why I say he, nor the Trinity, or anyone else be 5-D, because that is, compared to the World of Chaos, and uncountably infinite difference in strength. Singularity was stated, on three separate occasions, to be someone whose explicitly the multiverse.

That’s all, that’s my final comment.

Last edited:
I please, politely, ask Comic to be the last response to me, then I will call back every single mod that was here, ask them to evaluate and see if their stance has changed, or they remain firm. That be all.

Them acknowledging it as an inter-dimensional nexus doesn’t mean they know it’s higher-dimensional. They only speak of it being capable of traversing across the multiverse.

In the context of their universe, they acknowledge Ginnungagap as a place with properties unlike their normal universe, and evidence points to them certainly knowing of its higher dimensional properties.

For starters, they know of its existence in the first place, and are trying to find something within it that the Eyes of The World cannot locate.

The gate remains open, but I have no idea how I always come back from this abyss, safe and sound.
Not that I don't trust my device, but I can never be too careful...
Seriously. I've been searching, all by myself, for something that not even the powers of the Overseer could find! I'm not wrong for wanting to take care, am I?
Despite the eyes not being able to find this mysterious object, the fact that we know that they’re using the eyes, is how we can confirm that they knew of Ginnungagaps HD nature. After all, the eyes do give their wielders knowledge of everything, on an omniscient scale. So, I’d wager they knew what it was.

That’s because he was merging all the universes into one single reality. Considering the Alphaverse is the only remaining universe after his erasure and absorption of the other universes, I feel that completes what Rodin said is what he would happen.

Yes, I’m well aware. The point of that, was to show that the destruction of universes, and the destruction of Ginnungagap do not inherently go hand in hand, and therefore cannot be deduced as “Environmental Destruction.” Since the AlphaVerse existed after Ginnun was destroyed, and is still something classified as a universe in the Multiverse. So destroying universes does not = destroying Ginnungagap.

Also, the relationship between the two of them is like the universe to the earth. No matter how many planets I destroy (in this case the universes in the woc) I will not destroy the Universe.

That just means his lessers (and not even highly significant ones, like the ones I was referring to) can access it, I’ll ask again: why does nothing ever mention he got significantly stronger through Ginnungagap’s destruction?

The point of that was to prove he can access Ginnungagap, and is proof that he’d been paying it mind. Since his hommunculi are in that realm, that means singularity sees it as part of his conquest, is something he is actively targeting.

It is said singularity gains power from the multiverse, chaotic energy, and the arch eves he has absorbed. Ginnun is not the multiverse, but the classification of Chaotic energy should apply to it, due it it being called the Chaotic Rift.

Also, it’s said singularity gains power from parallel dimensions, a point you decided to concede on earlier. Ginnungagap is referenced as a dimension, as I explained, so he gains power from it.

As they mentioned above, scaling above the other god tiers is a big reason.

but yes, it is said singularity gains power from Ginnun.

Here it says that Singularity uses the powers of the Worlds his body is comprised of, this power is his phenomenal affirmation.

As we know “World” is used to described the universe, or in this case, the multiple parallel universes. But parallel dimension is being used to described realms like Ginnungagap.

How do we know? Well, Ginnungagap is the only space where dimension is used in its best form, “ 次元

In this scan, a scientist is conducting tests to reach Ginnungagap. He specifically uses 次元 when classifying it, this is the only scan that uses dimensions in this way.

So parallel dimensions is in response to Ginnungagap, as nothing else is referred to dimension in that way. So singularity draws power not only from the multiverse, but from Ginnungagap as well.
Appreciated, that is indeed the Japanese word for dimension, so I can drop that part of the argument, actually.
So yes, it’s stated he gains power from Ginnungagap, and all other dimensions in the cosmology of Chaos.

On three separate occasions, they cite his power being gained from the World of Chaos. Not Chaos, but the World of Chaos. His attack power is at its limit due to the World of Chaos, he became one with the chaotic energy of it, and he could be viewed as the World of Chaos as a whole. I’m sure you all see the glaring issue here, which is the fact that is that it definitively puts his AP and existence at a 4-D level, as per the description of distinction that Comic granted. But let’s continue moving on. Everyone asserts the other two villains, Jubileus (Bayonetta 1), and Aesir (Bayonetta 2), are also Low 1-C physically. The issue with this is that, they can’t.

As explained before, the World of Chaos (The multiverse) and Ginnungagap together, both equal Chaos. So, after showing how he derives power from parallel dimensions, and the Multiverse, his power would be equal to that of the original Chaos.
Singularity is stated the strongest villain in the series, who’s on par with them. Returning to the earlier portions of the game, it’s stated that the power you could (not saying that was his goal, as per what Comic asserted) attain from what Singularity was accomplishing could wipe out the entire Trinity. But in here lies the biggest question. Assuming the Trinity (Paradiso, Inferno, Chaos [again, Chaos, not the World of Chaos]) is to be 5-D, I ask:

How is the destruction, absorption, and becoming of the multiverse, a 4-D space, enough power to wipe out not one, not two, but three infinitely higher 5-D realms, in so much as a snap?

That’s why I say he, nor the Trinity, or anyone else be 5-D, because that is, compared to the World of Chaos, and uncountably infinite difference in strength. Singularity was stated, on three separate occasions, to be someone whose explicitly the multiverse.

For starters, the singularity being the strongest villain is only referenced to actual villains. Those being Balder and Aesir. Jubileus is not a villain, so this does not apply to her. So above all else, she can certainly be Low 1C physically, which still scales to her compatriots.

Moreover, the answer to your question is what I explained above. His absorption did not only span the multiverse, but Ginnungagap as well. There has yet to be any solid reasoning as to why Ginnungagap exists outside of the classification of the whole realm of Chaos, and even less the Trinity itself.

So, after his absorption of not only the multiverse, but also Ginnungagap, he gained enough power to affect the entire trinity.

I should note, the power to affect the Trinity originally came about from the Eyes of the World. These eyes came from Aesir, the God of the Human World, aka, Chaos.

The eyes are also the power source that was used to keep Chaos in balance with the other realms, as well as allowing Jubileus to merge all three realms. So the “Chaotic energy” that Singularity attains is much more potent than you think.

Staff can now feel free to evaluate this once more, I do encourage questions from them only from here on, (if you have any) so that any further clarifications or confusions can be addressed.

Last edited:
I mean, like I said, a good chunk of this thread would be immediately solved if we just addressed the fact that Singularity's Low 1-C rating doesnt solely come from existence erasure/absorption. Even if those reasonings were removed he wouldnt be downgraded to 2-A, but the OP acts like he would.

For starters, the singularity being the strongest villain is only referenced to actual villains. Those being Balder and Aesir. Jubileus is not a villain, so this does not apply to her. So above all else, she can certainly be Low 1C physically, which still scales to her compatriots.
Oh lmao, missed that part, I’ll edit my comment accordingly.

This is giving me Low 1-C Kratos upgrade flashbacks on god

Anyway, reading both sides arguments again, both do make some good points. Between that and my admitted novice level information on the specifics of the verse's cosmology (at least, lacking enough to make a concrete decision) I'll stand at neutral for now.

Anyth says ng in regards to what I mentioned? I feel like we could get the vast majority of the crt squared away and make this go a lot smoother if that were addressed

We’re just going to go off of the final things momo and I addressed for convenience sake. Anything else can be addressed later if absolutely necessary (on a different thread)

We’re just going to go off of the final things momo and I addressed for convenience sake. Anything else can be addressed later if absolutely necessary (on a different thread)
I mean, the thing I mentioned was in regards to the fact that even if the stuff brought up in the OP were removed, it wouldnt result in a downgrade

Please do, I’m trying to get Planck up to speed.

(A apart of me is actually hoping I lose this, so I never type the word Chaos again.)

All too easy.

A reminder to those on this CRT to keep it civil here, regardless of what the overall decision the mods/admins come to.

For what it's worth I heavily disagree with the Low 1-C downgrade since the first two games already established characters that can affect the entire cosmology (the trinity of realities) which is already accepted as a Low 1-C structure and Singularity is explicitly stated to be superior to characters that can destroy/reshape the trinity of realities plus he defeated Bayo 1 and Bayo 2 off-screen (who fought and defeated Jubileus and Aesir respectively, both are which are Low 1-C with their own feats/lore independent of Singularity).

Burden of proof is on the downgrade side to prove the statement of Singularity being superior to previous cosmic enemies is hyperbole and the fact he managed to defeat nigh-infinite versions of Bayonetta (including Bayo 1 and 2) as well as almost destroy the trinity of realities (leaving only the Alphaverse) was all done through sheer hax alone...

OR

Prove he wasn't going to destroy the trinity of realities at all and somehow the Bayos got weaker thus allowing Singularity to beat them all even tho it means a fusion of three Bayos is weaker than Bayo 1 and Bayo 2 individually (who comprise 2/3 of that said fusion), yeah no I don't think anyone will buy the latter, call it a "hunch".

Thats my overall two cents on this CRT.

Also I just realized Ant is the only opponent to the verse heh!

For what it's worth I heavily disagree with the Low 1-C downgrade since the first two games already established characters that can affect the entire cosmology (the trinity of realities) which is already accepted as a Low 1-C structure
Er, hold on, where was that accepted? Because the previous thread, 1-B, is the one that proposed it, and it was never accepted or denied.

Er, hold on, where was that accepted? Because the previous thread, 1-B, is the one that proposed it, and it was never accepted or denied.
I'm talking about the intial CRT that upgraded the verse/cosmology to Low 1-C (5D) in the first place (which was accepted by multiple staff members and several regular users) not the CRT that tried to upgrade it to Low 1-C (6D) and higher via Niflheim/diamonds.

Tbf it was on the tail end of the Low 1-C bargin sale.

@Comicgyal is there any scans on him absorbing the ginnungegap?
Statements, as explained here
As they mentioned above, scaling above the other god tiers is a big reason.

but yes, it is said singularity gains power from Ginnun.

Here it says that Singularity uses the powers of the Worlds his body is comprised of, this power is his phenomenal affirmation.

As we know “World” is used to described the universe, or in this case, the multiple parallel universes. But parallel dimension is being used to described realms like Ginnungagap.

How do we know? Well, Ginnungagap is the only space where dimension is used in its best form, “ 次元

In this scan, a scientist is conducting tests to reach Ginnungagap. He specifically uses 次元 when classifying it, this is the only scan that uses dimensions in this way.

So parallel dimensions is in response to Ginnungagap, as nothing else is referred to dimension in that way. So singularity draws power not only from the multiverse, but from Ginnungagap as well.

Also singularly absorbs all worlds he attacks, as shown says here

Alright, what do I need to be updated on?
Just the most recent discussion, but you can read all the pages if need be.

That doesn’t make sense. If there was nothing before to displace the realities, but then there suddenly is around one of the realities, why would it be fused, instead of it just not being nothing again?

As for the rest. I’ll try to address. For the sake of this argument, I will make no mention of Ginnungagap, so I’d ask the other parties who are reading to just, for a time, forget it exists, as not to further confuse people. Other people mention that the other main villains and the other realms of the Trinity are 5-D, so even if he refrain from the usage of his erasure as a tier, it would still remain. Well, there are several problems with this. Grabbing the description from of Chaos from the most knowledgeable member:

Per Comic’s description, Chaos, and the World of Chaos, are entirely distinct realms. Chaos is the totality of the realm, and the World of Chaos is the multiverse that was infinitely fragmented apart.

Now, look back at the important scans I used in the op.

“the sum of energy absorbed from the systematic destruction of parallel worlds in the multiverse to increase his power to the limit

“become one with the chaotic energy of the Multiverse

On three separate occasions, they cite his power being gained from the World of Chaos. Not Chaos, but the World of Chaos. His attack power is at its limit due to the World of Chaos, he became one with the chaotic energy of it, and he could be viewed as the World of Chaos as a whole. I’m sure you all see the glaring issue here, which is the fact that is that it definitively puts his AP and existence at a 4-D level, as per the description of distinction that Comic granted. But let’s continue moving on. Everyone asserts the other two villains, Baldur (Bayonetta 1), and Aesir (Bayonetta 2), are also Low 1-C physically. The issue with this is that, they can’t.

That’s all, that’s my final comment.
In the context of their universe, they acknowledge Ginnungagap as a place with properties unlike their normal universe, and evidence points to them certainly knowing of its higher dimensional properties.

For starters, they know of its existence in the first place, and are trying to find something within it that the Eyes of The World cannot locate.

Despite the eyes not being able to find this mysterious object, the fact that we know that they’re using the eyes, is how we can confirm that they knew of Ginnungagaps HD nature. After all, the eyes do give their wielders knowledge of everything, on an omniscient scale. So, I’d wager they knew what it was.

Yes, I’m well aware. The point of that, was to show that the destruction of universes, and the destruction of Ginnungagap do not inherently go hand in hand, and therefore cannot be deduced as “Environmental Destruction.” Since the AlphaVerse existed after Ginnun was destroyed, and is still something classified as a universe in the Multiverse. So destroying universes does not = destroying Ginnungagap.

Also, the relationship between the two of them is like the universe to the earth. No matter how many planets I destroy (in this case the universes in the woc) I will not destroy the Universe.

The point of that was to prove he can access Ginnungagap, and is proof that he’d been paying it mind. Since his hommunculi are in that realm, that means singularity sees it as part of his conquest, is something he is actively targeting.

It is said singularity gains power from the multiverse, chaotic energy, and the arch eves he has absorbed. Ginnun is not the multiverse, but the classification of Chaotic energy should apply to it, due it it being called the Chaotic Rift.

Also, it’s said singularity gains power from parallel dimensions, a point you decided to concede on earlier. Ginnungagap is referenced as a dimension, as I explained, so he gains power from it.

So yes, it’s stated he gains power from Ginnungagap, and all other dimensions in the cosmology of Chaos.

As explained before, the World of Chaos (The multiverse) and Ginnungagap together, both equal Chaos. So, after showing how he derives power from parallel dimensions, and the Multiverse, his power would be equal to that of the original Chaos.

Moreover, the answer to your question is what I explained above. His absorption did not only span the multiverse, but Ginnungagap as well. There has yet to be any solid reasoning as to why Ginnungagap exists outside of the classification of the whole realm of Chaos, and even less the Trinity itself.

So, after his absorption of not only the multiverse, but also Ginnungagap, he gained enough power to affect the entire trinity.

I should note, the power to affect the Trinity originally came about from the Eyes of the World. These eyes came from Aesir, the God of the Human World, aka, Chaos.

The eyes are also the power source that was used to keep Chaos in balance with the other realms, as well as allowing Jubileus to merge all three realms. So the “Chaotic energy” that Singularity attains is much more potent than you think.

Staff can now feel free to evaluate this once more, I do encourage questions from them only from here on, (if you have any) so that any further clarifications or confusions can be addressed.

@Comicgyal that still doesn’t really tell me he absorbed the Ginnungegap in specific. I’m still unsure on this scaling fully to the characters.

No he doesn’t, this has been refuted as the only tier 1 feat in the verse that’s used is Ginnungegap, something that only exists in 3 and Singularity is the only person who did it. If you don’t have anything else to add beyond repeating the same arguments weekly I’m not going to waste my time with you.

No he doesn’t, this has been refuted as the only tier 1 feat in the verse that’s used is Ginnungegap, something that only exists in 3 and Singularity is the only person who did it. If you don’t have anything else to add beyond repeating the same arguments weekly I’m not going to waste my time with you.
So youre going to just outright ignore all of the other tier 1 feats that myself, comic, and everyone else has brought up numerous times in this thread then? Because Singularity is not the only one who has feats involving Ginnungegap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back