• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InFAMOUS discussion thread.

"Cite things Cole can do through the comics" Guess Alex can't survive nukes then.

Cole fought and beat Kessler dude. They should be comparable in speed.

"Games are inaccurate" That's literally the main source material.

"Cole can't dodge gunfire" Only he did. Remember that scene on the bridge near the beginning of the game?

"Scaled down for gameplay reasons" which is why Cole and Alex can shrug off rockets yet get killed by bullets. Glad you're catching on! And how does "scaling down" apply to cutscene feats exactly?

"****** calculations" Debunk the math first.

"Hasn't run across water." Does he need too? He can already dodge lightning.

Tell him to read the scans abd debunk the math or leave. Hell, just post the pictures directly if clicking a link is so hard. If that doesn't work, just let him wallow in his stupidity.

There's like 3 legit feats of Cole dodging gunfire casually. 1. Trying to escape Empire City with Zeke 2. While fighting the military 3. While fighting David on the boat

He even has a feat of deflecting a rocket when it was like 1 foot away from Warden Harms face (which was calculated at Supersonic+).

Also, love how he's using gameplay to quantify Cole's power level while ignoring that Alex can be oof'd in game by grunts with grenade launchers and super soldiers with next to no strength feat.

Even Cross was able to dunk on Alex, and he's just a really in shape human with a cattle prod on steriods as far as we know

Stop me if you've heard this theory before, but a lot of people have been saying that it's heavily implied every game over in infamous is canon, and that Cole has time travel powers like Kessler, and that he just doesn't have the same level of power or control. Supposedly Kessler's quote that "every time you fail, another person's world dies" is support for that. Apparently.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that Conduit abilities are based on what you put into them, and Cole never went through what Kessler did to actually push himself into getting his time travel

TBF, Conduit abilities also don't grow entire new subsets from their reactive evo, just extensions of what they already have.

They should call you Venom because you are spitting some poison.

Even though I agree.

But yes, only someone in true denial tries to use lack of destructive power when battling normally as a way to justify a character not being as powerful. That's pretty much spitting on the common sense of most action fiction.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
But yes, only someone in true denial tries to use lack of destructive power when battling normally as a way to justify a character not being as powerful. That's pretty much spitting on the common sense of most action fiction.
Nah, last I checked, action fiction writers are basically like "Meh, let's do whatever." You can tie Wonder Woman in plain ol' ropes and she'd be stuck if you're a man; blame the writers, not me.

Youtube has some good peeps, but debating on it is haaaard and annoying. HArd to get notifications too. On the other hand tho I was 100% raging with another guy against each other on Sakuya vs Dio but a month after we became chill bros. So it's not all bad.

But yeah, also, even prior to any upgrades to AP for Cole I've already turned over many Alex vs Cole fights around.

The worst offending argument is how is Cole's lightning gonna do anything against Mercer... After killing an electric Conduit who absorbs electricity to recharge and heal himself.

Where did logic go to die?

>Use a shield

Alex is literally meat. Sure he can adapt all he wants but Cole- yeah the David argument as you said.

>Reactive adaptation

Breh he didn't even adapt from a cattle prod

Death Battle is great entertainment. But to call it hyper accurate is silly.

The Real Eugene Sims said:
He keeps ranting about how Cole can't be faster than the Juno probe over and over. He keeps saying it, and it's his only point against him being MHS+.
11. Argument from incredulity This is similar to the argument from ignorance, except it is based on the fact that the person in question cannot personally believe something.

Example: "DBZ characters are so powerful, I find it hard to believe that there are characters stronger than them."

The person in this example asserts that since he personally does not believe something, then it cannot be true.

Also, Spino seems to have accepted he lightning calc. Can anyone start making the revisions? I am currently out of town and so I only have my phone to work with and editing profiles on mobile is awful.

Alright, we're good to go

But, here's an idea, why don't we open with Cole vs Delsin?

I just realized the power of the verse section wasn't updated since before the KE Revisions

That's a kek

It'd be a really cool (albeit weird) way of continuing the series. I like it because it opens the story up for more world building, as it's introducing other powersets and organizations into the world of inFamous (though it was theorized that Vampires might just be another type of Conduit). I really like when series introduce (in a well written and meaningful way) different power systems and types. Magic vs science, chi vs mysticism, etc can really open the discussion up for for interesting scenarios.

Though I kinda question the claim because it was acknowledged at the start of the DLC that Cole was still running around doing his hero gig (ran into the collapsed church to save people), and that people knew this, so I'm kinda confused.

Also, weren't we gonna do 2 separate keys for inFamous 1 Cole (Pre/Post-Final Upgrades) or did we decide not to?

I'm honestly not that opposed to it tbh. After thinking on it for awhile, I realized that trying to separate the abilities would've been a pain.

Back