• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InFAMOUS discussion thread.

As for Schnee's question at the top, after seeing how creative Infamous has gotten with stuff like Eugune's "TV powers" and the concrete stuff

I'd love to see a Conduit with powers over paint.

One more thing, about the black hole calc.

If, and I mean if, we manage to get a High 6-A calc for John White, should we still scale it to Base Cole and the others? Because I feel like that's a bit much.

Well, if is a very key term

As of now I don't think there's really anything in that tier for not Kessler's timeline

That said, roughly 8 seconds seems legit, I'll update the thing

BOG is actually divided by 8, since each bolt he summoned only lasted about a second.

I don't think it should be 3 keys

Also, 2 Gigatons for 8 seconds

Alright nice.

I assume EoS is the key that's just before he gets a power up that gives him the lightning storm, while BoS was just after he got his powers.

Is it okay to add the new stats whenever or do we wait for something? Because it seems like we got the scaling all figured out.

Cole BoG/Sasha: At least 7-A, likely higher

Alden: At least 7-A, likely High 7-A

Cole EoG/Kessler/David: High 7-A

Evil Cole: High 7-A+

Yeah it was pretty near the end of the game, so he shouldn't be that far behind Cole at that point.

Hey guys, had a non-revision related question.

I'm trying to write a crossover between inFamous and DC (takes place right after Cole absorbs the final Blast Core). I'm trying to figure out the "level-cap" so to speak for Cole.

I've already established that Cole was able to defeat people like Giganta and Solomon Grundy. But from a writing perspective, what character level should Cole max out at? Like, clearly not as strong as Superman.

Don't think Cole fits in well with DC scaling, but nothing has to be totally, utterly accurate. DC sure isn't.

I mean disregarding stats on this wiki. From a story/writing standpoint, what characters should Cole be able to fight, and which ones should be clearly beyond him. Like if Cole was actually a DC character, whose level should he be on?

I'd say that this is a bit of a stretch, but at his top peak in a fanfic story it would be reasonable to have him against the characters who are weaker in the 4-B scaling chain like the Flash.

Okay, now I'm wondering something similar. Where should Cole, from a writing standpoint, in a hypothetical story, stand in the Marvel chain? Just curious.

At best I think he should be around the level of Captian marvel and comparable to base Thor after absorbing electricity

Aren't their already some Marvel characters who're Large Island level (Certain Iron Man armors, Captain Marvel, Rogue, etc)? Though the issue is that Cole lacks the hax/skill/intelligence to stand up to a lot of people in or below his tier (Captain Marvel probably stomps inFamous 2 Good, RFI and Evil Cole after her revisions went through).

DC is probably more difficult to powerscale, as a lot of the notable characters either scale to Building level or Solar System level, so he's in the really awakened middle zone where he's either too strong for someone or too weak.

Beast Cole makes it a more difficult discussion

I mean even from a narrative standpoint people like Captain Marvel and Rogue are hard counters to Cole's in character actions and powerset

I think he means thematically scaling based on what would be a sort of "first impression of a character's level"

Cole has the benefit of getting incredibly strong by absorbing more and more electricity. Heck he might be able to get into the same situation as Scarlet or Marvel where they absorbed the power from an energy stone. They all get stoned to get stronger....

Huh.

Imagine that. What if the Blast Cores are only small fragments of the Power Stone and Cole has been slowly building up absorbing them. He's the new Vision. I mean he's already bald and shoots out energy from his hands and can float around. All he needs is a cape.

Yobo Blue said:
I think he means thematically scaling based on what would be a sort of "first impression of a character's level"
Well at that point I think you should just kinda follow the rule of cool if you wanna scale via first impressions. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about "accurate" power scaling, some of the best written inFamous crossover fics I've read said "**** it" when it comes to power levels and just let things progress.

Captain America uses roids. The whole Avengers team are druggies. Smh

There's also the fact that Cole can develop new powers or improve upon his current ones in the middle of combat via mixing it up while fighting. Even just fighting random grunts helps him get stronger.

Point is, where he caps and what powers he gets it sorta up in the air

Oh man I remember Supernovas of Mass Effect now. Super fun read. I should reread it again.

But yeah. Anything goes. Heck you can even have him focus on his ice powers too if need be. And with time travel around...

>Cole has the abilities to make powers up

Dear lord we're lucky his DC Comic was kept to itself

Back