• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InFAMOUS discussion thread.

I think they can be just about anything if the current showings is anything to go by (well anything within reason of course, no NLF here)

The official definition for Conduits from Second is a person with a special gene that lets them control, absorbs and manipulate different types of energy and matter (which is a reference to the literal conduit)

But as we saw from the first 2 games and comics, a Conduit's abilities isn't that different from a Mutants from Marvel.

There are Conduits whose ability is to transform into a giant monster (Bertrand), those who've had their physiology mutated as a result of their powers (Sasha, David, Kuo). Some just get minor physical boosts (Reaper, Dustmen, First Son fodder). There was even one Conduit whose only shown ability is flight.

Conduit abilities can even start to get a bit complex. Kessler developed time travel powers even though his main shtick is electrokinesis. Fetch got time stop even though her thing is Neon manipulation. Don't even get me started on Eugene.

So honestly the Sucker Punch crew has a wide variety of abilities to choose from. I just hope we see Conduits start to reach To Aru level of scientific fuckery.

So, in inFAMOUS powers can do nearly anything. Electricity = time travel, Neon = mind control and time stop and video = magic.

Also, Evil Delsin is effectively All For One, complete with a brother who disapproves of his antics. If this all turns out to be some elaborate My Hero prequel and the next game introduces Reggie coming back with One For All, that would be amazing.

Yeah, honestly it seems like inFamous powers can do just about anything lol. The only thing that makes sense is Coleman gravity powers, it's just magnet trickery. Everything else? Idk

Me and DMUA have been saying for years now that the evil route for both inFamous games is just the prequel for MHA

inFamous 2 Evil Ending: Cole creates a world where everyone has superpowers and those who don't are the discriminated against minority

Second Son Evil Ending: Delsin literally becomes AfO and disappoints his brother while corrupting his peers and turning them into his evenly henchmen

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Yeah, honestly it seems like inFamous powers can do just about anything lol. The only thing that makes sense is Coleman gravity powers, it's just magnet trickery. Everything else? Idk

Me and DMUA have been saying for years now that the evil route for both inFamous games is just the prequel for MHA

inFamous 2 Evil Ending: Cole creates a world where everyone has superpowers and those who don't are the discriminated against minority

Second Son Evil Ending: Delsin literally becomes AfO and disappoints his brother while corrupting his peers and turning them into his evenly henchmen
Welp, time to replay the Evil Route with this in mind

Tbh I think it would be incon at best

Both Delsin and AfO have unknown amount of abilities, so it would be hard to give a definite verdict on who'd win

This has been a bad month for inFamous matches

Anywho, the real question that has to be asked is what do you think is next for the inFamous series? Sucker Punch hasn't said much about it, mostly focusing on their new upcoming game Ghost of Tsushima

I want them to go wherever they want to go really.

Nothing much else out of me.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Along with absorbing every power in Curdun Cay.

Yeah, I'd be happy with pretty much anything as long as it continues the story in a meaningful way.

But I would like a Prequel that covers the story of how Kessler actually became Kessler and how things were in his alternate timeline

Imo, that sounds like that'd a be a better movie or comic than game. Not saying it'd be a bad game though (well, to me), they could even end it with a really cool Beast fight scene (maybe after Trish and his daughter die).

For reference, there's a glitch with fandom where, if you don't reload the page, you can reply even if it's past the limit of 500 replies.

share the image and I'll finish off the thread

I still have the unloaded tab ready to go

The game doesn't make it very clear. Sometimes it's described as light, but it acts like something else other times.

It's weird.

It's wierd, but that's a nice part of making the power cool

I wouldn't mind them being separate profiles tbh. They both have very different personalities, combat mindsets, and (in the case of Beast Cole) different powers and move sets. My question is if the two are separated, would the same need to be done for Delsin? That has less of an argument for it, as there's no canon version yet and he doesn't gain any new powers in gameplay. Evil Delsin is basically just Good Delsin only bloodlusted with more powers, albeit, we don't know what they are.

Because there isn't nearly as big a difference between Delsin's versions and Cole's. The reason for Cole is because the two versions are drastically different. While Delsin, at the moment, is mostly the same for both versions.

Yeah, that's kinda my point. Delsin should stay as one profile. Evil Delsin kinda has the All For One problem where we know he has a bunch more powers than what his profile shows but we have no idea what they are or how they work. If we did, we might be able to justify a separate profile for the two or maybe a separate key like we do for Evil Cole currently, but for now there's no need.

Exactly.

Meanwhile, the current profile covers two drastically different versions of Cole with massive walls of text to the point we need tabbers just for powers and abilities, so I think it's warranted for him.

I would perfer if they followed the Beast Cole timeline in a spin off game rather then in the main plot honestly

However if said spinoff had CACs, I would absolutely love it

If it was on PC

I'd like it being post Infamous Second Son Evil Ending where you're a conduit in a world where there's a really strong evil conduit that can copy powers. I feel like that would really cause some tension.

Eh

I still don't like how unjustified Evil Delsin was

I'd really perfer they stick to Good continuity

I just felt like InFAMOUS 3 would fit the Beast Cole timeline game better than the main universe, despite it being an AU.

However, for Second Age, I was thinking of powers for the game, and managed to cobble together some shitty kid scribble concepts.

ABF4BA12-E701-406B-8338-3C981D7B361B
D5E81416-70A4-4694-B22C-E31822F5E65D
99544AC2-B364-42C6-A11A-477A09D7CA36
20CF4A35-145A-4C4B-9387-706F624443C3
895DA552-AC9C-428F-AC18-957C7D8EC651
02A2C0EC-8EC8-40E2-80AD-67B49F229D24
Of course, Delsin still has the original four from Second Son in addition to these.

Back