• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InFAMOUS discussion thread.

HOLD IT! You said it's because of pure lightning rarely existing in nature, correct?

Desk slam Well, what if the characters electricity is artificial!

Finger point Most of Cole's lightning is absorbed from technology! Is there any reason to believe the lightning's purity would change as a result of this fact?

In fact, like me to the revision thread itself if you will. I need to know all the details.

Well, Lightning Storm is just Cole manipulating the weather to create a storm to rain down lightning. Sure, it drains his energy pool, which can be recharged through just about any electrical source, but not sure if that's enough of a justification.

At least EoG Evil Cole is probably City level+ via 2x multiplayer and being able to maintain LS longer (which should probably be calculated)

The energy pool still comes from technological electricity though. He's transfering the tech's electricity into a natural source.

I guess the fact that he can absorb and manipulate just about any type of electrical energy (natural, man-made, etc) does help.

Actually, doesn't positive lightning tend to originate from the upper part of the cloud during a thunderstorm? An argument could be made for purely positive lightning if the lightning is shown coming from the upper part of the cloud.

It could happen but it's an inflationary assumption when lightning doesn't actually work like that

Say it here

Is that in regards to the natural lightning thing or the positive charge from the top of the cloud?

...I'm going to do some research to try and build a counter argument.

you'll pry my MCU vs inFAMOUS verse from my cold dead hands goddammit.

So, just I'm understanding this right, the reason for the downgrade is that our calcs were previously done under the assumption that the lightning was 100% completely positive in charge, and that's not the case most of the time, correct?

Alright, I'll try. I'll have to stretch more than Mr Fantastic to make this work, but great scott I'll try.

Here it is. "Proof" that Cole's electricity is positively charged.

Okay, so in order for the positive charge at the top of cloud to launch out of the bottom of the cloud, something would have to push the negative charge at the bottom out of the way. Typical, this happens via the wind.

Cole draws his lightning storm in in literally a second. The sky's bright, then it's not and there's a giant bolt raining down on you. Cole pushes a giant storm cloud over you instantly. If mere winds, albiet strong winds, can dislocate the lower negative charge, wouldn't such a push logically do the same? Most winds don't cause a storm to cover a city in less then a second after all.

Like a said, huge stretch, but it's all I got. If this is wrong then I concede.

So basically what you're trying to tell me is that because Cole apparently now forms storms via KE and actively splits electrons in said storms, we should have Cole's lightning be about a hundred times stronger then the assumption that him hitting people with lightning is just normal lightning

That's not going to fly.

>inFamous 1 becomes 7A, starts whooping ass

>Strom downgrades bump it down to 7B and it starts doing doo doo

>Lightning math beefs it back up to 7A

>Cole starts rampaging his way through everyone

>Lightning downgrades drags it back down to 7B

>Will the circle be unbroken?

We're also gonna have to figure out EoS AP and scaling agin since iirc the Ray Sphere calc ended up having slightly higher results

Also, I can actually work with losing 7-A, provided I just start using the High 6-C/Low 6-B versions of characters.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
>inFamous 1 becomes 7A, starts whooping ass

>Strom downgrades bump it down to 7B and it starts doing doo doo

>Lightning math beefs it back up to 7A

>Cole starts rampaging his way through everyone

>Lightning downgrades drags it back down to 7B

>Will the circle be unbroken?
Being an electric man is suffering

And now we enter in the Vs OPM/Depression Arc of this storyline cuz idk what else to do.

I'm not doing vs Fairy Tail. I'm not strong enough

Hey man, at least this downgrade is taking an absolute ton of Shonen down with it

I like it cause right when everyone was using lightning math to boost their verse, BOOM in comes the downgrades.

It couldn't have been more perfectly timed

Back