• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InFAMOUS discussion thread.

Shame that it's pretty much dead at this point. I loved the adventures of Cole, Alex, Chief, notJack and the Mass Effect crew

@Ciruno Fortes

It hasnt been updated in like forever, and iirc, the author said he was caught up in some important IRL stuff.

@DMUA

Depending on how you look at it, Cole can either become a lite version pre-crisis Superman or a lite version of Garou.

Pick your poison :)

Would anyone be able to help with some bit feats for inFAMOUS? ("Anyone" to try and not be specific) They're not Tier-changing or a priority, but I just figured it would be nice to have them, and a couple of them are more blatant than storm creation or lightning energy, which a lot of people off-site tend to brush off as inapplicable.

It's just two:

David throwing Cole with enough force to completely pulverise a helicopter, which Cole immediately shrugs off like nothing

2E9E7861-51A4-41C4-AA68-9F6F6F0F0FD2
And then David throwing Cole through a building. The smoke/dust in the following panels may suggest pulverisation, but violent frag should probably be used as a low-end

5D1F17A3-599D-4803-BF53-6B4FFDEE94F8

Well if we're talking about feats that are impressive just at face value, no calcs involved, than I can think of a few:

• Cole surviving the Ray Sphere detonation. Even without a calc it's still a multi-city block feat (5-6 city blocks to be exact). Not a lot of people bring it up, surprisingly. Even if some can view it as an outlier, PIS or unusable or some other thing, the fact is that Cole could still destroy the Ray Sphere at the end of the game. Said device was at the center of the massive explosion, and Cole could destroy it with a lightning storm, which Kessler could sort of survive after a long extended battle with Cole.
  • Cole no selling a RPG blast during his first meeting with Alden
  • Cole running through a hail of gunfire from a bunch of turrents untouched while trying to escape from Empire City. He even noted that he moved faster than he knew he could.
  • Cole casually dodging gunfire from several miniguns from close range
  • Cole summoning numerous lightning bolts to incinerate several military grunts
  • David no selling a building busting bomb (Cole could also harm David with his punches)
  • David blasting a metal door off its hinges inside the First Sons hideout while starving.
  • David incinerating several military grunts wearing armor with a lightning blast
  • Cole casually blasting a massive hole in the side of a metal ship meant to hold Conduits with a lightning blast.
  • Cole sinking a military ship with a lightning storm while also blowing David to pieces
  • Cole surviving the Beasts grip, who could through a large metal statue halfway across Empire City
  • Nix surviving another Ray Sphere blast similar to the one Cole experienced
  • Cole being able to harm the Beast, who survived a 41 kiloton nuke and could blast cities off the map
Those are the first ones to come to mind

@Eugene

Not too sure, as the last time someone calc'd the Beast's black it was shot down hard.

@Everyone

Question of the day based off of Wright's comement here: How would Cole fit in with the Marvel Universe?

I had a sort-of "idea" for a new InFAMOUS game.

Basically what I thought up was that Sucker Punch, for the 10th anniversary of InFAMOUS, could go the Saints Row route of an extremely belated DLC for Second Son, called InFAMOUS Legacy. I based it off an early video about the Cole's Legacy DLC speculating that you would be able to play as Cole. It's essentially a game adaptation of the comic series, but expanded. By that I mean the first act of the game could completely focus on Cole wiping out the remaining First Sons around the city, who are now being led by Alden after realising Kessler basically screwed them over to serve his own ends. Then after a final battle with Alden, he's then captured and killed by Moyà.

It'd also be a chance to give Cole a bunch of new powers he didn't have in InFAMOUS 2 by just saying he lost them after his fight with The Beast. One thing they should definitely do though is give him a melee combat system similar to Fetch based around the Gigawatt Blade.

Or y'know, instead of a Second Son DLC, they could make it a separate thing and include it in a remaster. But instead all we get is behind the scenes stuff. Still, here's hoping for Playstation Productions to do something with it.

I'd be down for a playable version of the comic book series. If they somehow managed to make the David fight similar to one of the boos fights from Bloodborne that'd be awesome.

He is, like, one of the weirdest people in the InFAMOUS community I ever met. He likes to talk shit about people who hope for a new game or are excited to see something from Playstation Productions. He keeps insisting the series is dead and will never continue and that it's stupid to think we'll ever get anything else from it.

DMUA said:
Prepare for roasting for association to VSBW
More like prepare for roasting for calc based battle boarding. I found out the hard way that it's looked down upon by other battle boarding sites.

Even ignoring calcs and stuff, Cole's fought people who can level buildings (in a comic even), physical struggled with giant monsters, and survived an explosion that leveled several city blocks. Even eyeballing his stuff puts him in the very least in the same league as Mercer, if not way above it. Hell, he's killed people who share his "regenerated from a nuclear explosion" feat and can hurt people who are resistant to lightning with lightning.

inFamous is one of those verses that gets downplayed the hardest imo. Even with everything you just said, so many people are willing to throw it under the bus because "lol he can be killed by normal humans with guns."

EXACTLY!

Even though he can canonically can regen from getting vaped by a nuke, by gameplay standards, he can be gunned down by any Blackwatch grunt with an abundance of ammo.

Except we know he really can't because of cutscenes, comics and lore.

But for some reason, people don't want to apply to the same logic to Cole, who's also solo'd the military and healed from extensive injuries that puts bullet wounds to shame in the cutscenes, comics and lore.

Well, a lot of that probably cones down to image. Prototype is all about hyping up how much of a badass beast Mercer is whe inFAMOUS focuses more on the progress of Cole's character. When people think inFAMOUS, they think of the multiple endings. When people think Prototype, they think of a viral superweapon who hands the military their ass on a silver platter.

3F0BB2B1-FFAB-4208-8BA9-CF53DCB20E9B
You think I should just stop responding? He's clearly not looking at all the scans I give him (I.E. Cole bullet-dodging and David running across water) and he just writes off the calcs approved by experienced calc-group members as bullshit without any further explanation, added to the fact he's swearing like a kid on X-Box live.

Back