• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS discussion thread 2

The death of lightning math hit us the worse because our MC was a lightning man with a bajillion lightning feats that then became bunk

wait a second

we can also redo cole vs all might

Which, by the way, we can only do if the OP uses this, it's law

I was gonna, but then I realized, isn't kinda done to death? I mean, it wouldn't really be different from the other times it was done.

Unless Wright used it to revive his MCU vs inFamous storyline

Cole has always beaten All Might every time they fought

In his infamous 1 incarnation

infamous 2 Cole vs AM is redundant

Yeah it's kinda nuking the dead horse at this point.

Plus, AFO vs Cole doesn't really work due to resistances. Though, if Shigaraki gets any decent boosts from upcoming upgrades, there may be something there.

We only really use overpressure when we actually see the explosion happen as opposed to just see a near totalled city in the background

if 20 PSI went to the very edge of the city, there wouldn't be any buildings. The concrete would have shattered

"Alright, so, let's make an InFAMOUS thre-"

InFAMOUS supporters:

Cole MacGrath threads

Like, every time we make a thread

It involves Cole just blasting the fork out of the enemy with range

Schnee One said:
Also
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sO9iHi404uw#searching

Shit commentary, but it's better then trying to type on a phone, sorry for my voice
I agree with a lot of your thoughts on InFAMOUS 3. In addition to Second Age, I also want InFAMOUS as a sort of "prequel" to Second Age (i.e. the events that lead Beast Cole to travel back in time). However, what I was thinking about for InFAMOUS 3 is having the main character being completely player-made, as in fully customizable appearance, deciding your power (or starting power) etc. Sort of like a mix between Fallout (though probably not the same level of detail) and a non-shitty version of X-Men Destiny. At first I thought about making the game solely about Beast Cole, but I couldn't really think of a way to make an entire main story campaign about him, not to mention him being ridiculously overpowered via the Beast's powers. So I figured, the main story can focus on the player-made character, in a setting some time after the Evil Ending of InFAMOUS 2 (maybe a few years after, possibly a decade. enough for the world to fundamentally change due to the Plague and the Beast). And then a DLC Campaign centered around Beast Cole set immediately after inFAMOUS 2 (probably a week at most) as he struggles to keep the surviving Conduits alive as the entire world sets out to destroy them.

On another note, in terms of the karma system, as much as I hate to say this because I despise the series, I thought about taking inspiration from Shin Megami Tensei, or maybe Shadow the Hedgehog (ew, i know) in terms of morality. In both Second Age and InFAMOUS 3, I image there being factions being tailored toward order and chaos/freedom, which was actually a dichotomy implied in InFAMOUS 2:

28CAF592-BB04-4D98-BA3D-87D68A0A3970
15C7FBD8-0D0C-4672-A047-8AB0BB891B1E
In the sequel, the old "Good vs. Evil" theme is replaced by "Order vs. Chaos". Very similar, but not exactly the same. Kuo's ice is a reflection of that mindset. She strives to uphold the laws, save innocents, ensure justice is served. Her perfect world is one in which everything is in its proper place: no craziness, no corruption, just organization and calm. Ice is very orderly. It forms a rigid structure that nonetheless can be quite beautiful. It can crack or be melted, but it lingers in one form or another.

Nix is the other side of the equation. She'd been burned by Bertrand, and she intends to make everyone pay. Her emotions are wild, passionate, and all over the place. She's impulsive, and doesn't care who she hurts to get what she wants. She's on a constant high, living on the edge of her skin, and will keep going and going until everything explodes. Fire is raw, consuming, it doesn't stop until there's nothing left. It can be as constructive as it is destructive; you just have to wield it the right way.

Basically, my idea for the Karma System going forward is, rather than having choices and decisions centered around Karma, the choices themselves are only influenced by them. An example I could give with this is, as you pointed out, it making sense for Good Cole to choose either or the RFI or The Beast at the end of inFAMOUS 2. My idea is that, you don't have to have a certain Karma path to choose one option. You are allowed to choose either or. But your Karma will influence Cole reasons for doing it (whether it be for good or evil, selfish or selfless motivations), the methods he uses to carry them out, and ultimately the outcome. Say that the final decision in inFAMOUS 2 isn't karma-locked, and each ending has two different outcomes depending on what karma you are when you pick them, which gives inFAMOUS 2 four different endings: Good-Order (RFI; Good Karma), Evil-Order (RFI; Evil Karma), Evil-Chaos (The Beast; Evil Karma), Good-Chaos (The Beast; Good Karma)

There would also be more of these choices throughout the game, and different combinations of these choices will create multiple different paths.

Really, the only thing I actually disagree with you is on the continuation of the Good Karma timeline. Not only did Sucker Punch refer to Second Son as an "origin story", put pretty much what Cole's Legacy and Paper Trail were were setting up future plot points. I agree that the story of the original two games were far superior to Second Son, and while the story for Second Son was sub-par to say the least, I don't believe that it is "unsalavagable" or a dead-end. I think it has potential. It really depends on how they handle it. Not mention there are plot-points such as the corruption of the U.S. government and their collaboration with the First Sons (which is acknowledged and shown in Dead Drops and in the comics, though never fully explored), and such that would be wasted if they abandoned it and went solely with the Evil Timeline. But to each their own. I would prefer they made one more game in the Good Karma timeline about Delsin to give him a good story and a proper, satisfying conclusion, and then continue with the Evil Timeline.

These are just my rough thoughts and ideas on it. But anyway, nice video, liked.

>prepares for horrible mic

>I can actually comprehend the accent and words quite easily

weak

Never knew you hated modern Star Wars...

...Huh, that's kinda what Second Son is to the inFAMOUS series isn't it?

Second Son is much more enjoyable to play than The Last Jedi is to watch

but both are storytelling letdowns, I guess

No Second Son is what Ace Combat 7 is

Decent game with a bad story from a series of fantastic games with great story

Back