• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS discussion thread 2

I mean, obviously the foot soldiers are only Wall level, Small Building level at most. The question is how to scale the fodder Conduits, since they're not all the same level of power.

The point is that the lower ones like the heavies and golems have feats of their own to scale from, however, only the toughest ones should scale directly to Cole like the Titans or Devourers. Even that's a little iffy since Cole at his strongest can easily dispatch even them.

I think we could also pay attention to when the game introduces them to determine how strong they are.

Like, in inF1 they were numerous little cutscenes where the game introduces a new Conduit type, followed by some dialogue from Cole regarding how this new guy was a problem (Golem Conduits). The fact that the game takes the time to point this new guy out, even late game, should probably be enough to warrant a 'possibly' rating. They just wouldn't scale to the scaling chain that Cole has cause he can usually dispatch them fairly easily

This is how I imagine the scaling.

Reapers:

Grunts - 9-B. 9-A with RPGs

Reaper Conduits - At least High 8-C (I calculated the shockwave attack to be this level, which I can put into a blog if needed)

Dust Men:

Crab-Dog Conduit - At least High 8-C (Should be comparable to the Reaper Conduit)

Golem Conduit - At least 8-A, likely Low 7-C (Can easily vaporize a helicopter in one-shot. Should be comparable to the Ice Heavies who can create giant ice constructs)

First Sons:

Cloaking Conduit - At least High 8-C (Should be comparable to the Reaper and Crab-Dog Conduits)

Aura Conduit - At least 8-A, likely Low 7-C (Should be comparable to the Golem Conduit and Ice Heavy)

Corrupted:

Mutant - At least High 8-C (Should be comparable to the Reaper Conduit)

Ravager/Hive Lord - At least 8-A, likely Low 7-C (Should be comparable to the Golem Conduit and Ice Heavy)

Devourer - Likely 7-A (One of the strongest fodder enemies in the game, and can greatly harm Cole MacGrath at his strongest)

Vermaak 88:

Grunts - At least High 8-C (Comparable to the Reaper Conduit and can instantly create large ice shields)

Heavy - At least 8-A, likely Low 7-C (Can casually create giant ice constructs like towers. Should be comparable to the Golem Conduit)

Crusher - At least Low 7-C (Superior to the Ice Heavy. Can instantly generate large amounts of ice)

Titan - Likely 7-A (One of the strongest fodder enemies in the game, and can greatly harm Cole MacGrath even at his strongest)

Department of Unified Protection:

Pawn - 9-A (Far superior to a normal human. Can utilise a low-level form of the concrete power and create shockwaves of force from jumping and landing)

Knight and Super Pawn - At least 9-A (Superior to the Pawn)

Bishop - At least High 8-C (Should be comparable to the Reaper Conduit)

Rook - At least 8-A, likely Low 7-C (Should be comparable to the Golem Conduit and Ice Heavy)

Super Rook - At least Low 7-C (Should be comparable to the Ice Crusher)

King - Likely High 7-A (Strongest soldier variant in the D.U.P. Took Delsin an extended period of time to defeat a single one. Three of them at once required Delsin calling for backup)

I mean, I have actually managed to beat those three Kings before Eugene showed up, but it was with a Super Move.

So have I, tbh. Probably remove that part.

I mean, it's pretty clear from the dialogue that Delsin's supposed to be getting overrun. I'd say keep it. Player skill really doesn't have much bearing on statistics.

The shockwave should be posted, but yeah, this seems good

Btw, I literally just remembered it, but I think we should add Delsin being able to infiltrate and vandalize a D.U.P. base completely undetected to his Intelligence and Stealth Mastery.

You hurt me so ;;

Jokes aside, even if you say that the smoke trail doesn't really help much. And this brings nostalgia to my eyes

And huh.... Neat!

So, I remember there actually being one more cloud feat where KE should actually be applicable.

https://youtu.be/EtRvHRHmxcY

When The Beast first appears at the beginning of the game, you see dark clouds gathering and swirling around as he starts to regenerate, then when the statue falls and cuts to the next scene, the sky over the city is completely covered. It should qualify for KE, since it blatantly shows the clouds in the process of forming, though I'm not sure how high it'll get (hopefully High 7-A).

That doesn't really necessarily have to do with him

The Beast's powers don't involve weather manipulation, his main stuff is radiation blasts and being a lava monster. Clouds showing up is just setting the scene with environmental cues. Just like how martial arts movies aren't Low 7-B for making it rain in the final battle, this isn't High 7-A for having clouds show up alongside The Beast.

Will cloud calcs put inFamous back on the map? Will Wright get his chance to Wright a Homestuck vs inFamous storyline? Will the inFamous revisions ever come to an end? Find out next time on Vs Battles Wiki Z!

340.09 Megatons from what I got using 20 KM visibility limitations.

Again, not an expert of this type of feat, so I might be off. I requested it, so I'll see if maybe I can get a more professional attempt at it. If not, I'll put it in a blog and see if I got it right.

Also, on the topic of sequel ideas, one change I really want is to drop the superhuman-racism allegory as soon as possible (because not only do people use it as a point to talk crap about the series for ripping off X-Men, a lot of other series use it and it feels a little overdone anyway). My idea is that, in both Good and Evil Karma, the racism theme is fazed out and replaced with a theme of government conspiracy and Order vs Chaos. Civilian support of the government is at an all-time low after the government's involvements with the Empire City catastrophe and the Augustine's scheme to stage the Seattle incident and overthrow the government with an army of Conduits are made public during Cole's Legacy and Second Son's ending.

Regardless of Karma, the racism theme is fazed out as the country spirals into chaos, with humans and Conduits alike staging violent riots and even organised attacks against major government targets in the name of revolution, being further spurred by Celia, who uses the resources left-over by Augustine to create a fully-equipped Resistance movement against the authority who slaughtered and oppressed humans and Conduits alike and stole her childhood. (On a side-note, my interpretation of Paper Trail's Ending and what I think they should do with it, is that Celia is not referring to Conduits being oppressed by humans, but rather the people being oppressed by a corrupt and dystopian government who lies to and manipulates the masses. Which honestly would be a lot better, and would fit with her goal of: "No one can give you freedom, you have to take it")

Likewise, as America descends into chaos, the government, in the absence of the DUP, mobilizes DEFENDER, a division created as a partnership between DARPA and the First Sons which Moya was a prominent member of. They were responsible for funding the Ray Sphere's development, the creation of the military Conduits from the comics, and were the force behind the Empire City Quarantine. Having access to pretty much all the First Sons assets seized from Empire City after Kessler's death, as well as intercepting the schematics and documents from John White, in addition to Dr. Wolffe's notes after Augustine's arrest, they are equipped with futuristic technology and weapons. They also have several Conduits within their ranks, who willingly joined the military in order to quell the violence and anarchy consuming the nation.

This is pretty much a short premise for a sequel idea that I just lazily put together at 2:00 AM because I'm extremely tired. So if it sucks or is unintelligible, I apologise.

On a side-note, a lot of my ideas regarding the story, world-building and morality system draw inspiration from SMT (as previously discussed) and Ultimate Alliance 2.

I kinda love the idea of a more nuanced morality system. Maybe we can add a reputation system for different factions, or would that get to complicated?

Anyways, I have an idea to kickstart my Homestuck vs inFAMOUS timeline, but first I want a few second opinions on some things.

What Aspect on this list do you think Cole lines up with? Answers for both Good and Evil Cole are appreciated.

http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/aboutaspects.php

You guys don't need to look at the Lunar Sway and Sign Class stuff, it really doesn't have a place in my story idea.

Here's this old ass discussion post I made about my feelings with the morality system of inFamous

About Cole's aspects:

For either one:

Time. Cole, regardless of his karma alliance, is all about taking his life into his own hands. He chose to stop running from his problems at the end of inFamous 1, and face them head on. Like Zeke said to Cole towards the end of inF2: "The way I see it, there's basically two types of people. Most of them are guys like me, guys who sit on the couch. We might not like the shit that happens to us, but we deal with it... then there's guys like you."

Doom. Cole has suffered a lot throughout his journey. And while this has left him a broken shell of his former self at times, it's also given him a level of maturity and awareness that he never had before. Even Evil Cole could sympathize with Nix and the citizens of Flood Town because he knows what it's like to have everything taken away from you. And why they would want to regress into themselves or lash out at the world. As Cole puts it at the beginning of the second game: "I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed, but those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices... no matter what the cost."

Will get to good and evil later, it's late and the post is getting a little long.

Also, since I can't think of a better opening for the game, the opening Prologue mission would be Delsin, Fetch, and Eugene raiding Curdun Cay to either free the Conduits or absorb their powers, taking place at most a week after Second Son (though there'll likely be a time skip between the Prologue and the main story of almost a year, to give the conflict between DEFENDER and the Resistance some time to escalate).

While at Curdun Cay, Delsin absorbs Glass from one of the Conduits, which serves as the tutorial power. Delsin also has all his powers from the first game, though obviously they'll be reset to their base states and not fully upgraded. Not sure if the power reset should be given a plot-justification like the beginning of inFAMOUS 2, or just do it and not address it.

Also, since the main character would, obviously, be Delsin again, and because I thought it was a fun little side activity, the game would likely feature the return of Stencil Art. With the options for the styles varying depending on Delsin's Karmic and Faction alignment. And use some of the scrapped designs for Second Son, albeit changed to fit the setting of the game (for example, changing "DUP" to "DEFENDER" and such).

1BB68DB0-0494-4CA4-8790-7C415A7B854F
0965F1B1-9594-4E95-86AC-8345A542DB25

Also, Schnee, I got some bad news about the cloud feat.

I used the method from the References for Common Feats for storm KE, 20KM visibility, timeframe is 16 seconds...

It's 1.8 Gigatons.

Back