• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS discussion thread 2

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
You wanna know what's the saddest part of inFamous 2? You're last mission objectives are either "Let go" or "Kill Zeke"
Leaving it at "kill yourself" or "kill a massive number of people" wouldn't be nearly as compelling, would it.

Gotta throw bromances to the wind

So I went looking around the official Death Battle wiki out of curiosity, and I'm pretty sure they confirmed Cole vs Alex for a later date, unless there's somehow another "popular" match-up regarding Alex.

AB712BC2-380C-4EEE-86FD-3A37EC7A6344

Tbh, if/when Death Battle does Cole vs Alex, I don't really expected them to put either of the character at out levels.

Not only did it take us several years to find and quantify their speed and AP feats, but it took numerous discussion threads and recalcs to get them where they're at now.

I don't mean to diss DB's research team, but they're times where they drop the ball or miss tiny details when trying estimate a characters strength

Tbh, it won't really upset me if Cole loses, as much as it will them downplaying him (saying the Ray Sphere isn't a valid feat, saying he's not dodging lightning, etc.).

I even tired to calc him dodging lightning using the speed they use (Mach 287) and he's still around Mach 150.

That said, looking at Carnage, I'm afraid they might try to use the nuke as a durability feat. Because the reason they didn't use the bomb as a durability feat for Carnage was because he was fused with Goblin serum, not because he was blown to smitherens.

Unless, they say he wasn't at the epicenter and the amount of energy he "withstood" was much less than the actual yield.

Btw, sorta off-topic, does anyone know the amount of energy that actually hit Alex via Square Inverse Law?

I'm willing to bet its a fair bit of distance since Alex had some time from when he dropped the bomb and it detonated, and he was in a helicopter.

doesn't really matter since Alex basically forking died from the impact until he ate a bird

I didn't agree with it at first, but as it turns out surviving your own explosions is considered a Durability feat.

Coke at the end of the Game literally one shotted the Sphere no less.

I feel like that a massive feat that everyone overlooks.

Regardless of how you feel about Cole's feats during the game, the fact is, Cole could destroy the thing that was at the epicenter of an explosion that leveled 5-6 city blocks, and the protective case it was in.

That's proof that Cole's lightning can do some damage on the level of a Ray Sphere

However, it does make me wish there was some more direct and impressive feats in InFAMOUS, mainly having to do with the final bosses.

For example, Cole's lightning storm against Kessler creating a sort of electrical "mini-nuke" that spans the Ray Sphere crater and blacks out the city, maybe even some part of the United States, which the news broadcast at the beginning of the comic acknowledges and notes how Empire City's power is restored while the rest of the affected area remains in darkness.

For the comics, it's both a story and feat change. I would've made it 12 issues and had the first half of the story focus on Cole defeating the remnants of the First Sons, who have merged with the Dust Men and made Alden their leader after Kessler led them to ruin. Towards the end of the arc (I haven't worked out all the details) but Alden decides to nuke the city with a 5 kiloton bomb. After Cole defeats him again, he contains the bomb with his electromagnetic Forcefields and throws it into the atmosphere. After that, then Alden is captured by Moya and killed. Probably have the military invasion more drawn out, have a mini-arc where the city wants to throw Cole under the bus and demand Cole turn himself in. Probably the only other fight change would be the first fight with David, David creates a giant energy explosion, and Cole stabs David with the Blades then Thunder Drops him through a skyscraper, which is demolished.

For InFAMOUS 2, definitely make the Militia more of a capable enemy and make them seem like more of an actual threat (despite Cole's weakening). Maybe make them mercenaries like the Vermaak 88 or the Militia from Arkham Knight, and have them use First Sons tech like drones, forcefields, APCs, etc. since it was blatantly said that Bertrand seized all their assets. Maybe thrown in some prototype Conduit power-dampeners that Bertrand had Wolfe make, so that whole scene where Cole is trapped is much more believable, and have it fit into Second Son like the Conduit Scanners (Cole's Legacy and InF2 Dead Drops state that Augustine acquired all Wolfe's blueprints and prototypes, and that Bertrand had Wolfe working on a "Conduit Radar", which was obviously turned into the hand scanners from Second Son).

Definitely make the Beast fight better, maybe having Cole defeating him in his giant form with the help of another thunderstorm. Then he fights him human-sized and gets destroyed, maybe having some battle damage. Then when all hope seems lost, he becomes empowered by the RFI and takes the fight to the sky, and he starts throwing actual tornadoes with the Ionic Vortex (like an F5). And then he creates a massive lightning storm that sends John back to the earth in an explosion that leaves a massive crater where the cathedral was. Then we have the scene where he reconciles with Kuo and activates the RFI.

For the Evil Ending, not as many changes. There's still a thunderstorm. Maybe have Cole and Nix collide with each other with their Firebird Strike and create a massive explosion. Towards the end of the fight on the cathedral, Cole hits Nix with a full power lightning storm and sets off another electrical mini-nuke with a crater identical to the one from the Good Ending (maybe have the scorch marks red and blue for respective karma), then he approaches Nix's badly burnt and smoking body and finishes her the same way he did originally. Then we have the same Zeke scene, but in the crater rather than the roof of the church. I thought about maybe doing a little "choice" here if you wait long enough and let Zeke shoot you, Kuo comes and kills him, and Cole beats her to death in a fit of rage. If the latter happens, the ending is basically the same except Kuo is no longer there, cause, you know, she's dead.

Since the head and neck is 12.7% of the body height and the throax is 10.75%, you'd need to find how big their head is and apply that to their total height, then, once you have that, use square cube law.

... That said, what kind of creature would we be comparing this thing to? We'd need something to scale up for Square Cube Law to work

hmm

Sure then, use a regular guy

From there, ((Size 2/Size 1)^3)*(Mass of size 1)

I finished it. I was expecting a much lower result, so I think I messed something up. Feel free to look it over and point out any errors. I need to go to sleep.

"Human thorax + head + neck: 23.45*182/100 = 42.679 cm"

I actually kinda don't entirely get this part, all too much

To quote the definition of a thorax

"The part of the body of a mammal between the neck and the abdomen, including the cavity enclosed by the ribs, breastbone, and dorsal vertebrae, and containing the chief organs of circulation and respiration; the chest."

Which begs the question, what did you measure as the "torso"

At that, you used the highest possible end for the mass, when a more normal estimate is like 70 Kilograms or 62

We didn't even take out any weeaboos with the last downgrade

like, lightning math dying let us dunk on the HST and beyond but this is just saddness

Back