• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS discussion thread 2

Also, on the topic of future games, what do you guys think about a spin-off about a hero with no powers, like the Batman of the inFAMOUS universe. Probably set in the Good Timeline in the seven years between 2 and Second Son. Using concepts from the original inFAMOUS like Vehicular Parkour.

Come to think of it, there are a lot if similar themes here...

Good ending sequels to series that we originally supposed to have bad endings (Luke was originally going to turn to the Dark Side in Return), with minority main characters that weren't well received by the fan base (Native American Delsin and a female main character in a series otherwise mostly dominated by male protagonists with Rey), side stories that were better received then main stories (First Light and Rogue One), decent action/gameplay mixed with bad stories, and a villain that makes no damn sense. ("I'll imprison conduits to protect conduits" vs "I'm evil because oh wait I'm dead now").

Now all we need is for Rey to become a High 7-A hax lord and the thread will practically already be made.

The Real Eugene Sims said:
Also, on the topic of future games, what do you guys think about a spin-off about a hero with no powers, like the Batman of the inFAMOUS universe. Probably set in the Good Timeline in the seven years between 2 and Second Son. Using concepts from the original inFAMOUS like Vehicular Parkour.
Tbh, a video game where you play as a Muggle in a superhero world would be kinda awsome in general. Not sure if inFAMOUS is tge world I wanna see it in though...

Well, I do have some rough ideas, like the character being able to use First Sons level technology acquired via black market shenanigans (which really needs to be expanded upon in the next game, because not only did the military partner with the First Sons, but John sent them every schematic he could get his hands on). Like being able to summon drones, use cloaking technology, create an arm-mounted forcefield generator, etc.

Not sure how to fit Conduits into the story though. Right now, I thinking of the only Conduit being the main antagonist, a mob boss, though it would be nice to see how Conduits and First Sons tech affects the criminal underworld of the inFAMOUS Universe (a la Vento Aureo).

If they made it a super tactical game where you can never really straight up fight the stronger dudes, that would be pretty cool

Now, what would make the game completely perfect is if you could steamroll your enemies with a piano while posing

Now that I've watched the video

I like it, but I think, if they go the AU route and have Beast Cole be canon, I unironically think they should do the MHA thing, where he's basically the king of society and the main character is a powered individual underneath them somehow. You could probably make them a sort of guard or otherwise a servant of Cole, slowly seeing him think about the morality of what he's done and how he's going to pull society back together after he fundamentally destroyed the entire world. Maybe, as you carry out operations, you slowly start to see him become more authoritarian, or perhaps he thinks back to how Kessler was just an ordinary guy that had his entire unpowered family killed, something like that

A super society is a really cool idea for a setting

They don't really need to "replace" the canon, when they can just both be canon and take place in seperate timelines.

Speaking of which, I just had the idea of, after Second Age and InFAMOUS 3, they make another comic series telling a DC Crisis-esque multiverse story with all the different timelines, with the main antagonist being an actual cosmic threat. Maybe the orginal Beast from Kessler's timeline (as Kessler's timeline wasn't erased by him traveling back in time, and still exists in the original universe), and after decades or centuries of honing it's powers, becoming stronger and stronger, it has become powerful enough to destroy entire universes.

In that scenario, do you think the original Beast should have a backstory, or remain nameless?

I don't think inFAMOUS should really get that big

It's more about the consequences on the people. The first game had a bitter man being kicked down by people suffering in a devastated city

Yeah, I can see why you'd take inspiration from SMT of all things if you want to have a better karma system

It's not like one is a bad choice and the other is a good choice, it's just decisions

Morality systems are really just kinda iffy as a concept.

People rarely fall entirely in one category on them; we usually occupy different ones depending on the situation and context of the scenarios we're in at that moment.

But if we have to choose, SMT has definitely made a good one to use.

As a testament to how well written Cole's character is, you can figure out why he'd choose each route in the hypothetical Order-Chaos ideal

Good-Order: "Even if you have a cure, too many lives have to be lost for it, and I can't condemn most of humanity to death because they lost the genetic lottery."

Evil-Order: "I don't care about the reasons, I just wanna beat you, John. I'll prove I'm the superior conduit and then I'll crush your so called cure. Who knows? Maybe the RFI won't kill me, and I'll just be free to rule."

Good-Chaos: "Your cure works, and we can't know if the RFI does. And in the end, humanity will be stronger. I wish we could avoid the losses, but there's not another reliable option."

Evil-Chaos: "Creating a world where the strong rule? I've been on board with that since the start."

That kinda makes me want a remake with two morality systems. One for Good and Evil, the other for Order and Chaos.

I found concept art for Second Son on Artstation. It is really good, especially the final one for the Cole spray paints.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zxmd2

It gives me ideas for Second Age as well, since I think Steel would probably be a better power option than Wire.

Also, Delsin's concept art look has me thinking, should a Second Son sequel replace Delsin's actor and mo-cap with an actual Native American, or keep him as Troy Baker?

41BB506B-41F4-4B0B-A7E7-BC251BB21D5A
Delsin's Intended Appearance

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
You know, looking back at it, it's pretty fortunate no ones pit Cole against a hydrokinetic, cause if they have any sort of range game, Cole's kinda screwed.

Like, he's not gonna get ohk'd, but it'll wear him down quickly and make it a pain for him to stay in one area. If they're the type that can trap people in water, it's even worse.
There are a bunch of 7A Water Pokémon, catch is that Water Pokémon are weak to electricity

Btw, fun fact I learned after going on a binge of old Adult Swim:

One of the more prominent characters in Harvey Birdman, Black Vulcan, another electric super hero who is mostly associated with this famous quote is voiced by none other than Phil LaMarr.

Wanna know who else he voices?

John White aka The Beast of the inFamous series.

He also voiced Aquaman in a few different DC shows, which is funny if you know Black Vulcan's background with the Super Friends

Actually, would Cole vs Water trainer even be fair? Is there anything other than character that keeps the trainer from bum rushing with all 7 pokemon?

I mean Phil LaMarr also voices like

nigh unto everything

Yeah he's kinda like Steve Blum in that he's voiced like a million characters at this point.

Also someone needs to make a thread where Evil Cole say's "Pure electricity. In my pants" because lets be honest, it seems like something he'd say

Question, should group profiles like the First Sons and the D.U.P. get remade under the civilization format? I'd really like to use them in matches at some point.

Actually, wait. I don't think a separate thread will be necessary. We can just copy/paste from the old profiles, adjust their stats to fit our current standards and then add in the civilization specific parts. (Civilization Type, etc)

Back