• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

In Marvel Comics, would the power of the Flames of the Faltine scale equally for all who use them?

Dormammu stated that he could wipe out the Celestials using the Flames of the Faltine, and other Faltines (who also happen to be on Dormammu's level) like Clea and Umar possess the ability to use Flames of the Faltine, but would other non-Faltine users of the Flames of the Faltines scale equally?

Like Dr. Strange and such.

I don't really trust this statement for a few reasons

He lost to Galactus who's not even strong enough to beat every celestial
He's more consistently around skyfathers like Odin and Zeus in power (Odin even being shown to be far more reasonable about his power than dormammu who's often very arrogant about his power to the point he got mad about strange having shuma above him

I don't really trust this statement for a few reasons
1. His modern self that lost to Galactus is entirely different from his 2-A to Low 1-C Classic self. His classic self was stated twice (once in the link above, and once by Strange himself) to be capable of wiping out the entire Celestial Race.

2. He also scales to Eternity-level people, like how he one-shot a Phoenix Force host who wounded Eternity.

1. His modern self that lost to Galactus is entirely different from his 2-A to Low 1-C Classic self. His classic self was stated twice (once in the link above, and once by Strange himself) to be capable of wiping out the entire Celestial Race.

2. He also scales to Eternity-level people, like how he one-shot a Phoenix Force host who wounded Eternity.
There are also numerous other statements by even Odin himself that they are equal, I don't think wounding eternity is even remotely consistent for dormammu for numerous reasons tbh, Dr strange literally couldn't do shit against in-betweener (which takes place LATER than his fights with dormammu) and in-betweener is equal to Galactus,

The scaling chain seems straight forward tbh,
Galactus=in-betweener>dormammu=odin

I also don't think wounding eternity means much since several cosmics have done this feat in the past

That wasn't by Odin, that was by Dormammu once in the 90s.
He said it but Odin also said it once (I'll have to find the scan) but given the portrayal of both I think the statement is more reasonable tbh, it'd be pretty weird if Dormammu was eternity tier aswell tbh, considering strange had a far worse time dealing with in-betweener who's equal to galactus

Strange isn't even on par with Dormammu, and it's explained in the same comic where he calls him equal that Dormammu was never really at full power during their confrontations, hence why his power was growing in this scan.

Also, Dormammu fought against Agamotto.

Edit: Also I forgot to mention that In-Betweener's realm is literally magick, and he's straight up immune to most magic and can **** with Strange's perception of reality/reality itself.

Last edited:
Strange isn't even on par with Dormammu, and it's explained in the same comic where he calls him equal that Dormammu was never really at full power during their confrontations.

Also, Dormammu fought against Agamotto.
I don't think strange is anywhere near as strong as dormammu, shuma etc (he never really beats them with power) Im just saying he had far greater issue dealing with in-betweener then with dormammu

I just don't think this celestial scale is very good

You kind of missed the point I was actually trying to make. This Dormammu > the Dormammu you're trying to make a comparison of.

Anyway, given that Dormammu actually has feats on par with Eternity and stuff like that, it's more like an inconsistency on both sides rather than him mainly being portrayed as equal to Odin and Zeus.

Now that the Classic vs Modern Dormammu thing has been cleared up, I restate the question in the OP: Does the power to wipe out the Celestials apply to everyone using the Flames of the Faltine?

It's shown to be a spell that can be used to extremely variable degrees, so I'd say no.

the Flames of the Faltine isn't it a spell that works more or less like crimson bands? where they can be broken for example by hulk while another user can retain guys like Nightmare?(but to by fair, Jugg would have a better control with CB that most people)

It was only modern Dormammu, who is far below his classic self, who got beaten by Galactus.

Classic Dormammu > Goddess w/ Cosmic Egg >> 30 Cosmic Cubes > 1 cosmic Cube > Dozens of Celestials > 1 Celestial > Amped Destroyer Armor Odin > Odin

Back