• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics Astral Form and Telepathy revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant, can you explain your reasoning for all of the suggested additions in easy to understand manners, so other people can easily evaluate them?
Subjective Reality, Information Manipulation (Type 2), Law Manipulation, Physics Manipulation, & Reality Warping: Consciousness is the blueprint by which all worlds and times were born, to control one's own consciousness is to control everything, is to become everything. Reality exists through consciousness, it is always changing, being shaped by our thoughts, the Weaver is a technology that creates realities coming from our consciousness, these realities created by consciousness are no less real than the primary realities from which they originate[18]. Mind and Soul are equals, within your soul/consciousness you find the realm of pure thought, which is boundless and formless, and which takes shape according to ourselves. There is no difference in the truthfulness of the worlds of the unconscious or the concrete reality, there are those who claim that all the universe is no more than a holographic projection[31]. Consciousness is shaping the universe, minds are expanding the universe itself and building physics and mathematics[32]. The Astral Plane is the realm of the mind as well as an abstract dimension shaped by the minds of those present.

Nonexistent Physiology (Nature Type 2; Aspect Types 1, 2 [Type 3 Concept], & 3): The Astral Realm, where all Astral Forms reside, is described as "The edge of reality. The shores of oblivion. The realm of mind and spirit that exists between being and non-being"[10], and because Astral Forms are composed of not just one's soul, but also one's mind and the very essence of who they are, they thus exist between "being" and "not being" in regard to their minds, souls, and personal concepts.

Nonduality (Nature 1; Aspect 2): The Astral Realm, where all Astral Forms reside, is described as "The edge of reality. The shores of oblivion. The realm of mind and spirit that exists between being and non-being"[10], and because Astral Forms are composed of not just one's soul, but also one's mind and the very essence of who they are, they thus exist between "being" and "not being" in regard to their minds, souls, and personal concepts.

Limited Causality Manipulation/Limited Plot Manipulation* - Since the Astral Plane is the realm of narrative, to affect one's Astral Form is to affect their personal narrative.

Also, I would like to note that I have added a few other scans of note, like stuff confirming that the mind and soul are one and the same (meaning Astral Forms are both mind and soul), such as this scan: Furthermore, the human mind, soul, and "essential life-force" are stated to be one and the same.

And from what I can tell, the majority of staff also seem to be fine with the higher-dimensional telepathy based on the Astral Plane/Forms being higher-dimensional.

Last edited:
Subjective Reality, Information Manipulation (Type 2), & Reality Warping: Consciousness is the blueprint by which all worlds and times were born, to control one's own consciousness is to control everything, is to become everything. Reality exists through consciousness, it is always changing, being shaped by our thoughts, the Weaver is a technology that creates realities coming from our consciousness, these realities created by consciousness are no less real than the primary realities from which they originate[18]. Mind and Soul are equals, within your soul/consciousness you find the realm of pure thought, which is boundless and formless, and which takes shape according to ourselves. There is no difference in the truthfulness of the worlds of the unconscious or the concrete reality, there are those who claim that all the universe is no more than a holographic projection[31]. Consciousness is shaping the universe, minds are expanding the universe itself and building physics and mathematics[32]. The Astral Plane is the realm of the mind as well as an abstract dimension shaped by the minds of those present.

Nonexistent Physiology (Nature Type 2; Aspect Types 1, 2 [Type 3 Concept], & 3): The Astral Realm, where all Astral Forms reside, is described as "The edge of reality. The shores of oblivion. The realm of mind and spirit that exists between being and non-being"[10], and because Astral Forms are composed of not just one's soul, but also one's mind and the very essence of who they are, they thus exist between "being" and "not being" in regard to their minds, souls, and personal concepts.

Limited Causality Manipulation/Limited Plot Manipulation* - Since the Astral Plane is the realm of narrative, to affect one's Astral Form is to affect their personal narrative.

Also, I would like to note that I have added a few other scans of note, like stuff confirming that the mind and soul are one and the same (meaning Astral Forms are both mind and soul), such as this scan: Furthermore, the human mind, soul, and "essential life-force" are stated to be one and the same.

And from what I can tell, the majority of staff also seem to be fine with the higher-dimensional telepathy based on the Astral Plane/Forms being higher-dimensional.
@Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepmeThree @Ehnkr2beboh @Elizio33 @MarvelFanatic119 @Catzlaflame @Lightning_XXI @Deagonx @Vasco @LuciferX @Excel616 @Immortalgodd @LephyrTheRevanchist @ByAsura @Emirp sumitpo @Quantu @IdiosyncraticLawyer @PrinceofPein @LordTracer @ProfectusInfinity @M3X_2.0 @Maverick_Zero_X @Dark-Carioca @ObberGobb

What do you think about this?

He is not very knowledgeable regarding this particular continuity as far as I recall though.

He is not very knowledgeable regarding this particular continuity as far as I recall though.
True, though from what I can tell he has knowledge with much of the P&A in question, though let's see what the others think.

As of right now, there is one voting staff member for NEP and the limited stuff (Glass) and one against (Eficiente).

Yes, but Eficiente is knowledgeable regarding this particular continuity, and is usually skilled at analytical evaluation.

Actually, I think I was mistaken, Glassman only approved Normal Type 2 NEP for Astral Forms, not the aspects, but I don't know if NEP without any listed aspects is even allowed, so I'll see what other voting staff think.

His input on other threads have resolved issues in regards to NEP though, so I trust him in that regard.
Any thoughts on these P&A:
Subjective Reality, Information Manipulation (Type 2), & Reality Warping: Consciousness is the blueprint by which all worlds and times were born, to control one's own consciousness is to control everything, is to become everything. Reality exists through consciousness, it is always changing, being shaped by our thoughts, the Weaver is a technology that creates realities coming from our consciousness, these realities created by consciousness are no less real than the primary realities from which they originate[18]. Mind and Soul are equals, within your soul/consciousness you find the realm of pure thought, which is boundless and formless, and which takes shape according to ourselves. There is no difference in the truthfulness of the worlds of the unconscious or the concrete reality, there are those who claim that all the universe is no more than a holographic projection[31]. Consciousness is shaping the universe, minds are expanding the universe itself and building physics and mathematics[32]. The Astral Plane is the realm of the mind as well as an abstract dimension shaped by the minds of those present.

If that's the only piece supporting plot shenanigans, I don't think it's enough. The rest seems agreeable to me.
Actually, there is also something else which I noted for plot stuff in my sandbox:

Also, the above statement of the Astral Plane being the realm of "Idea, Thought, and Narrative" is supported by Xavier stating that, when he fought the Shadow King in a telepathic battle on the Astral Plane, the two telepaths fought each other using emotions, mathematics, sensations, and especially stories/narratives, creating "sagas and songs and ages and massacres".

Also, in the entry for Info Manipulation/Subjective Reality/Reality Warping, I added two more powers that I noticed based on the justification entry (Law Manip and Physics Manip) if you could just glance at that.

Thank you very much for your help, btw.

Actually, there is also something else which I noted for plot stuff in my sandbox:

Also, the above statement of the Astral Plane being the realm of "Idea, Thought, and Narrative" is supported by Xavier stating that, when he fought the Shadow King in a telepathic battle on the Astral Plane, the two telepaths fought each other using emotions, mathematics, sensations, and especially stories/narratives, creating "sagas and songs and ages and massacres".
That's definitely better.

Also, in the entry for Info Manipulation/Subjective Reality/Reality Warping, I added two more powers that I noticed based on the justification entry (Law Manip and Physics Manip) if you could just glance at that.

Thank you very much for your help, btw.
That's fine too, as they are using their own minds to give meaning to the laws they are observing being present.

Subjective Reality, Information Manipulation (Type 2), Law Manipulation, Physics Manipulation, & Reality Warping: Consciousness is the blueprint by which all worlds and times were born, to control one's own consciousness is to control everything, is to become everything. Reality exists through consciousness, it is always changing, being shaped by our thoughts, the Weaver is a technology that creates realities coming from our consciousness, these realities created by consciousness are no less real than the primary realities from which they originate[18]. Mind and Soul are equals, within your soul/consciousness you find the realm of pure thought, which is boundless and formless, and which takes shape according to ourselves. There is no difference in the truthfulness of the worlds of the unconscious or the concrete reality, there are those who claim that all the universe is no more than a holographic projection[31]. Consciousness is shaping the universe, minds are expanding the universe itself and building physics and mathematics[32]. The Astral Plane is the realm of the mind as well as an abstract dimension shaped by the minds of those present.

At a glance, this all seems fine to me.

That's definitely better.

That's fine too, as they are using their own minds to give meaning to the laws they are observing being present.

At a glance, this all seems fine to me.
Btw, do you two think this could be Nonduality Type 1:

The Astral Realm, where all Astral Forms reside, is described as "The edge of reality. The shores of oblivion. The realm of mind and spirit that exists between being and non-being"[10], and because Astral Forms are composed of not just one's soul, but also one's mind and the very essence of who they are, they thus exist between "being" and "not being" in regard to their minds, souls, and personal concepts.

And if so, which aspect?

I can agree with everything here.
I'm fine with nature type 2. As for the aspects, if you're arguing here that astral forms comprise one's information and narrative, I think those aspects could be included too?

Edit: Nonduality type 1 could apply here too.
I agree with plot manipulation, but where does the causality manipulation come from?

I can agree with everything here.
Thank you.
I'm fine with nature type 2. As for the aspects, if you're arguing here that astral forms comprise one's information and narrative, I think those aspects could be included too?
I spoke about this with Ultima, he said no.
Edit: Nonduality type 1 could apply here too.
Great, I'd just need to know which aspect.
I agree with plot manipulation, but where does the causality manipulation come from?
I believe he suggested that it might be either/or, as when they fight in the astral plane, they can conjure entire events and change them
I just figured that affecting one's narrative was affecting their personal causality, aka causality manip on the personal level.
I believe he suggested that it might be either/or, as when they fight in the astral plane, they can conjure entire events and change them
Btw, any thoughts on this:
Btw, do you two think this could be Nonduality Type 1:

The Astral Realm, where all Astral Forms reside, is described as "The edge of reality. The shores of oblivion. The realm of mind and spirit that exists between being and non-being"[10], and because Astral Forms are composed of not just one's soul, but also one's mind and the very essence of who they are, they thus exist between "being" and "not being" in regard to their minds, souls, and personal concepts.

And if so, which aspect?

Nonduality (Nature 1; Aspect 2): The Astral Realm, where all Astral Forms reside, is described as "The edge of reality. The shores of oblivion. The realm of mind and spirit that exists between being and non-being"[10], and because Astral Forms are composed of not just one's soul, but also one's mind and the very essence of who they are, they thus exist between "being" and "not being" in regard to their minds, souls, and personal concepts.

This seems fine to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back