• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics Astral Form and Telepathy revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we wait on Ultima, I think I may have found some other scans of interest, let me gather them ASAP.
Aight, here we go (and I'll add these later to the sandbox):

From Silver Surfer Vol. 3 #140:
From Silver Surfer Vol. 3 #126:
From Silver Surfer Vol. 3 #133:
From New Avengers Vol. 4 #2:
From Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z #12 ; Mystic Dimensions - From the Journals of Ian McNee: The Inner Planes:

I will work on finding more stuff for higher-dimensional souls and higher-dimensional telepathy/mind stuff.

Last edited:
Okay, so I'm finally getting back to this thread. Whatever message I was supposed to respond to seems to have gotten loss in the previous mess, so can someone tell me what exactly is new for me to comment on?

Okay, so I'm finally getting back to this thread. Whatever message I was supposed to respond to seems to have gotten loss in the previous mess, so can someone tell me what exactly is new for me to comment on?

@UchihaSlayer96 @Theglassman12 @LordGriffin1000 @LordTracer @Duedate8898

I would appreciate if you all also try to evaluate Eficiente's concerns about this revision.

Although I have also posted scans above about souls being higher-dimensional in addition to minds being higher-dimensional (though Efi seems to be fine with higher dimensional minds/telepathy so it seems that souls scaling in potency are the main issue for him).

Also, while Ultima said he'd respond, if he doesn't respond by tomorrow, I'll probably try to see how to best move forward, and what in the sandbox needs to be edited based on responses earlier in the thread (such as NEP). I'll also try integrating the above scans.

In regard to Eficiente's points they seem more to be a problem of semantics than actually disagreeing with the OP from what I can tell. It looks like he's saying while he has no issue with Astral Plane being Low 1-A he takes issues with how you're proving the HDE of the people who battle on the Astral Plane. If I'm getting that wrong I apologize, but going with that train of thought, I don't really think I have much to address there. I believe the evidence given is good enough for HDE because it appears the Astral Plane is Low 1-A and if these people are able to reside in and battle on the astral plane with their astral selves and even manipulate it as Charles shows, I figure that should be good enough for HDE for Astral Forms.

In regard to Eficiente's points they seem more to be a problem of semantics than actually disagreeing with the OP from what I can tell. It looks like he's saying while he has no issue with Astral Plane being Low 1-A he takes issues with how you're proving the HDE of the people who battle on the Astral Plane. If I'm getting that wrong I apologize, but going with that train of thought, I don't really think I have much to address there. I believe the evidence given is good enough for HDE because it appears the Astral Plane is Low 1-A and if these people are able to reside in and battle on the astral plane with their astral selves and even manipulate it as Charles shows, I figure that should be good enough for HDE for Astral Forms.
Thank you very much for your response.

I am busy with some other stuff, but either today or tomorrow I'll begin organizing things and trying to come up with a final summary.

And in case I didn't say it earlier, Nonduality was cut for Glass's reasoning, as it was admittedly too vague like he said.

So, looking at some of the most crucial stuff:

• HDE (particularly Low 1-A): Accepted by @Eficiente (though he disagreed with souls scaling in potency to it), @Duedate8898, @Planck69, @LordTracer, and @Theglassman12, so it seems to be accepted. Telepathy potency in Marvel scaling to this also seems to be accepted by everyone asides from @Eficiente.
  • NEP: Most are unsure and Glass believes that it is only Type 2. Since the statement of "between being and non-being" is far more directly connected to Astral stuff than the Ego statement as it directly mentions the Astral Plane and calls it "the realm of mind and spirit" in the same scan, I think that Glass is right and that Type 3 should be removed. Aspects are still 1,2, and 3.
  • NPI for affecting an astral form: Seems to be agreed upon by most voting staff besides @Eficiente.
  • Limited Causality/Plot Manip: Not enough discussion on this.
  • Limited Info Manip: Not enough discussion on this.
  • Concept Manip Type 3: Asides from @Duedate8898 and @Eficiente, the other voting staff seem to all agree on this.

Also, I added the scans in my post above to the OP and the sandbox, and also added Subjective Reality, Type 2 Info Manip, and Reality Warping to the powers of an Astral Form in the sandbox based on those same scans.

Any further thoughts?

Last edited:
Good job on collecting all this stuff - it's great.
Thank you for your response.
I don't have much knowledge on the NEP stuff but rest looks good. Wouldn't be opposed to having Causality and plot stuff as a "possibly" ability instead of straight up. Same with Information.
Tbf, I do have them as "limited" as they are all on the personal level.

After seeing my post above regarding the most contentious abilities and the ruling votes on them, what do you think?

What needs to be done in your opinion before this can be added to the Marvel Comics main page?

Also, I would like to link it to the profiles of all magic users in Marvel (as even basic magic in Marvel has been repeatedly shown to be capable of affecting Astral forms), so once everything is settled I would like to request some pages be unlocked.

Can somebody summarise the results of this revision, as well as provide a tally regarding which members that agree and disagree with what, and why, here please?

Can somebody summarise the results of this revision, as well as provide a tally regarding which members that agree and disagree with what, and why, here please?

• HDE (particularly Low 1-A): Accepted by @Eficiente (though he disagreed with souls scaling in potency to it), @Duedate8898, @Planck69, @LordTracer, and @Theglassman12, so it seems to be accepted. Telepathy potency in Marvel scaling to this also seems to be accepted by everyone asides from @Eficiente.
  • BDE Type 2: Disagreed upon by most if not all voting staff, but Planck and Glass agree with Type 1, so I'll make it Type 1 for now.
  • NEP: Most are unsure and Glass believes that it is only Type 2. Since the statement of "between being and non-being" is far more directly connected to Astral stuff than the Ego statement as it directly mentions the Astral Plane and calls it "the realm of mind and spirit" in the same scan, I think that Glass is right and that Type 3 should be removed.
  • NPI for affecting an astral form: Seems to be agreed upon by most voting staff besides @Eficiente.
  • Concept Manip Type 3: Asides from @Duedate8898 and @Eficiente, the other voting staff seem to all agree on this.

Also, I added the scans in my post above to the OP and the sandbox, and also added Subjective Reality, Type 2 Info Manip, and Reality Warping to the powers of an Astral Form in the sandbox based on those same scans.

Staff near-full or full agreements (voting staff in bold): @M3X_2.0 (Fully Agreed in the Marvel discussion thread), @KLOL506 (Agrees with almost everything but is unsure on NEP, Limited Causality/Plot Manipulation, Resistance to Vector Manipulation, and BDE)

Staff Neutral and/or Partially Agree with OP (voting staff in bold): @LordGriffin1000 (Unsure on Higher-Dimensional Existence, Beyond-Dimensional Existence, Nonduality, and Nonexistent Physiology, but agrees on everything else), @UchihaSlayer96 (Same as LordGriffin1000), @Planck69 (Same as LordGriffin1000, but agrees with OP on Higher-Dimensional Existence), @Duedate8898 (Disagrees with BDE, ND, NEP, Concept Manipulation and Unsure on Abstract Existence, but Agrees with Acausality and Higher-Dimensional Existence), @LordTracer (Same as LordGriffin1000, but agrees with OP on Higher-Dimensional Existence and disagrees with the OP on Beyond-Dimensional Existence), @Theglassman12 (Disagrees with Nonduality and BDE Type 2 [is open to type 1], disagrees with NEP Type 3, but agrees with everything else)

Staff disagreements (voting staff in bold): @Eficiente (Disagrees with everything outside of intangibility, mind manipulation, and soul manipulation. Agrees that Astral Plane = Mind/Telepathy potency/range, and with the Astral Plane being a higher dimension, but disagrees with Astral Plane potency scaling to the soul).
Also, this means all telepathic based mindhax in Marvel (magic or otherwise) scales to the higher-dimensional potency of the Astral Plane, aka Low 1-A. Of course, this only applies to telepathic mind manipulation.

Soon Ultima will come.

With how busy he is:

What Game The X To Doubt Meme Is From

What has been uniformly accepted by our staff members here can probably be applied now.

What currently still needs to be properly evaluated and what has been rejected by one or more of our staff members here?

What has been uniformly accepted by our staff members here can probably be applied now.

What currently still needs to be properly evaluated and what has been rejected by one or more of our staff members here?

• NEP: Most are unsure and Glass believes that it is only Type 2. Since the statement of "between being and non-being" is far more directly connected to Astral stuff than the Ego statement as it directly mentions the Astral Plane and calls it "the realm of mind and spirit" in the same scan, I think that Glass is right and that Type 3 should be removed. Aspects are still 1,2, and 3.

Any further thoughts?
So what needs to be looked at still is:

NEP (Type 2, Aspects 1, 2, and 3): Most are unsure and Glass believes that it is only Type 2. Since the statement of "between being and non-being" is far more directly connected to Astral stuff than the Ego statement as it directly mentions the Astral Plane and calls it "the realm of mind and spirit" in the same scan, I think that Glass is right and that Type 3 should be removed. Aspects are still 1,2, and 3.

Limited Causality/Plot Manip for affecting an Astral Form: Not enough discussion on this.

Limited Info Manip (Type 2) for affecting an Astral Form: Not enough discussion on this.

Subjective Reality, Type 2 Info Manip, and Reality Warping: I have added these abilities and justifications for them to the P&A of Astral Forms.

The rest has been agreed upon by a majority of staff, if not all of them

Well, Eficiente is good at evaluating these types of threads by my experience, but he seems to be outvoted here.

Can you provide easy to understand explanations for what currently needs to be evaluated here please?

Well, Eficiente is good at evaluating these types of threads by my experience, but he seems to be outvoted here.

Can you provide easy to understand explanations for what currently needs to be evaluated here please?
I mean, for NEP, Glass agreed with NEP Type 2 (and apparently had no issue with Aspects 1,2, and 3) but not Type 3, so I removed Type 3 NEP but kept Type 2 NEP for Astral forms.

The new powers for Astral Forms (Info Manip Type 2, Reality Warping, Subjective Reality) need approval since I added them later on.

For affecting an Astral Form, there have not been enough opinions from staff on Limited Info Manip Type 2, Limited Plot Manipulation, and Limited Causality Manipulation. The latter 2 come from the fact that an Astral Form is also one's personal narrative, so to affect it is to affect one's personal narrative.

I meant, can you explain your reasoning for all of the suggested additions in easy to understand manners, so other people can easily evaluate them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back