• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Improving contents of Powers & Abilities pages

Got it, later or tomorrow I'll open a CRT to add or remove inorganic from various people, to settle everything.
Ok. Please notify me once you do. I think I want to say something to some of the cases.

I will post the link here.

Since it's a bunch of random character, I could write in the topic that users are allowed to make proposals to character that should have it added or removed.
Or there's the risk to make it too much chaotic?

I will post the link here.

Since it's a bunch of random character, I could write in the topic that users are allowed to make proposals to character that should have it added or removed.
Or there's the risk to make it too much chaotic?
I think that would be ok. Inorganic Physiology isn't a very controversial power, I believe.

If we're talking about IP then can we add a note that says "Unless shown otherwise an inorganic being may get further powers purely of its composition without necessarily showing feats corresponding to it such as a rock person being naturally resistant to electricity"

I'm hoping this is the right place to ask for reformatting verse-specific powers, so I'll just post this here. On Fugil Arcadia's last key, he has an ability listed as Reload-on-Fire, which upon clicking on the link of said ability, redirects you to this messy page.

Could this be a better image for Spatial Manipulation? With actual explanation of what the character is doing. "Griffith distorting space to catch Skull Knight's space-cutting attack"

3978460-causality%2010.png

I think our pages lean more for visual than reading what happens. You know the saying "an image is worth one thousand words". While the manga panel has some drawing of it, it's small and not something that makes one think of spatial manipulation. At the same time, I think we could find a better image from a manga/comic regarding spatial manipulation than the one from pokemon.

Well, I suggested it because I didn't really get what was happening on the page picture lol. Thought it would be better to have a scan with explanation of ability in use, but fair enough

I think our pages lean more for visual than reading what happens. You know the saying "an image is worth one thousand words". While the manga panel has some drawing of it, it's small and not something that makes one think of spatial manipulation. At the same time, I think we could find a better image from a manga/comic regarding spatial manipulation than the one from pokemon.
Is it feasible for the pages to have a mini gallery? And like, it can contain examples from different media (although it probably would only include those with image).
It doesn't have to be now, but some time in the future. Especially for pages like Teleportation, which has different types, it might be helpful to have images that portrays them if it's possible. It doesn't have to be as massive as some of the pages from powerlisting wiki.
Just a thought and a suggestion though.

Could work I guess, multiple images would help one make a better image of a power in their head if words aren't enough.

Well, it would need a major restructure to get there, as currently it seems to be around more to just justify several powers and tiers on that series, and that doesn't seem too necessary out of being more of an explanation blog.

I don't really agree with the idea of making a verse-specific ability page for something only 2 characters have. All main uses of Reload of Fire are already linked to their respective use on the pages itself, so I don't think there's a need either.

I don't really agree with the idea of making a verse-specific ability page for something only 2 characters have. All main uses of Reload of Fire are already linked to their respective use on the pages itself, so I don't think there's a need either.

Ah, if that's the case, then a page isn't necessary.

Since we were already debating revisions to the wording of the page here: It has been brought to my attention that the formulation of Type 1 Inorganic Physiology can easily be misunderstood. Hence I wish to suggest to reformulate it in a fashion that clarifies better and makes the distinction to type 2 very clear. My proposal is:
1. Living Objects: Inorganic beings that have a non-physical consciousness. For example objects that were granted life via supernatural means.

I think that DontTalkDT's suggestion seems fine to me.

Also, I do not think that we are supposed to link to blog posts to define powers and abilities in character profile pages, or at least it isn't traditionally according to our conventions to do so.

I personally prefer feats rather than conjecture, given how much fictional rules vary from verse to verse.

I would also like to remove the example as rocks being good electricity conductors isn't unheard of.

I personally prefer feats rather than conjecture, given how much fictional rules vary from verse to verse.
Which is why the "Unless shown otherwise"
I don't think that assuming a person who's made from rocks is gonna have the properties of a rock unless the verse gives a clear indication it does not is that out there

It is against our standard conventions to write down powers that have not been stated or displayed, so I am still uneasy with it.

@AKM sama

What do you think?

I think it depends by each case, the inorganic physiology already does that to avoid redundancy, but it's not specific for every existing type of material for obvious reasons.
I mean, if a character has wings we can assume it can fly (if it's not a 5 meters tall stone golem with the wings of a swallow).
But writing that in the page itself might be dangerous.

Well, at least it might cause serious problems with inaccurate abilities being applied widescale to many profile pages.

Last edited:
I think Tllmbrg isn't asking for a mass-application of something, more like if they are allowed to add a power depending on "common sense", but it depends on what to who.

Anyway, the inorganic physiology already covers a number of powers those characters may have by default due to not being organic.

Yes, I think that it seems like taking an unnecessary risk to apply the suggested change.

Yes, I think that it seems like taking an unnecessary risk to apply the suggested change.
If someone of this note decides to add a idk a resistance to transmutation to someone made of argon due to it not reacting to any other substance in nature that's them being dumb and not a problem with the note
Again is our baseline assumption in fiction to assume that something made from rocks does not function like rocks?
Literally why we assuming that biological manipulation doesn't work on them automatically without feats, same logic here imo

If someone of this note decides to add a idk a resistance to transmutation to someone made of argon due to it not reacting to any other substance in nature that's them being dumb and not a problem with the note
Again is our baseline assumption in fiction to assume that something made from rocks does not function like rocks?
Literally why we assuming that biological manipulation doesn't work on them automatically without feats, same logic here imo
I mean, for the biological manipulation part it's more so that feats are provided due to the fact that the definition of the power doesn't allow a biological entity to have it. So a feat of any form of inorganic physiology is a feat of resisting that. In a case were that wasn't the case, they wouldn't have that ability anyways.

Regardless of that, I wish to point out that some kinds of rock can technically conduct electricity... I think. Rocks can have metal deposits and stuff.
Aside from that there is nothing wrong with the quote itself. Of course, if we are talking about their composition, it is necessary to prove they actually have that composition. Not everything silver is metal and all that.
I wonder whether the note has any real purpose, though. It's unusual to have one ability page clarify whether other abilities should be given. Like, most abilities can under certain circumstances give other abilities. As long as we apply the same scrutiny to this than every other power nothing is said beyond what we assume anyways.

I mean, for the biological manipulation part it's more so that feats are provided due to the fact that the definition of the power doesn't allow a biological entity to have it. So a feat of any form of inorganic physiology is a feat of resisting that. In a case were that wasn't the case, they wouldn't have that ability anyways.
Fair enough

Regardless of that, I wish to point out that some kinds of rock can technically conduct electricity... I think. Rocks can have metal deposits and stuff.
I mean sure, but the rock thing was more so a generic example that's generally true you could replace it with plastic if you want to

Aside from that there is nothing wrong with the quote itself. Of course, if we are talking about their composition, it is necessary to prove they actually have that composition. Not everything silver is metal and all that.
I wonder whether the note has any real purpose, though. It's unusual to have one ability page clarify whether other abilities should be given. Like, most abilities can under certain circumstances give other abilities. As long as we apply the same scrutiny to this than every other power nothing is said beyond what we assume anyways.
I mean proving composition probs won't be hard since most times inorganic people are stated outright to be X material
And I feel like inorganic Physiology should have it since from what I've seen people don't tend to give powers based on composition alone, and it's not really a straight application of said power but an inherent property that comes along with your material, just like how them being unaffected by biology manipulation is an inherent property

Back