• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Improving contents of Powers & Abilities pages

That seems fine.

Anyways, I've noticed that we could have a better picture for Absorption, it should be fairly easy to get given how common and simple it is.

I am also fine with DontTalkDT's version, and think that it can be applied.

Thank you for helping out.

That seems fine.

Anyways, I've noticed that we could have a better picture for Absorption, it should be fairly easy to get given how common and simple it is.
Since absorption covers different types of abilities, what do you think should be better as an image? Something related to absorbing enemies like Kirby and Majin Buu, or absorbing energy and similar?

I like DontTalkDT's version for Vector Manipulation; a simple explanation of what manipulating vectors actually means followed by some of the typical applications most users might have like manipulating directions to control the trajectories of moving objects and changing magnitudes to increase/decrease energy.

Since absorption covers different types of abilities, what do you think should be better as an image? Something related to absorbing enemies like Kirby and Majin Buu, or absorbing energy and similar?
The former for sure, the latter would leave it easy to mix-up with Energy Manipulation or the like.

Is somebody willing to apply DontTalkDT's version to the Vector Manipulation page?

For Absorption, these two should be better than what we have.

Image from Naruto:

latest

or this gif from Ben 10:

latest

I replaced the size manipulation image. Feel free to check if I added a correct description to it.

The current one seems acceptable to me, in lack of better options.

Reminds me I need to remove Feurochemists from that page, since it’s explicitly stated like, dozens of times that they don’t alter density.

Thank you very much for helping out, but the Biological Manipulation page might be better served with an image of a character that manipulates the form and function of other beings, rather than essentially shapeshifting themselves in an advanced manner.

, but the Biological Manipulation page might be better served with an image of a character that manipulates the form and function of other beings, rather than essentially shapeshifting themselves in an advanced manner.
Alright, changed it again. Is this better?

The gif should focus a bit more on the outcome, as currently it ends earlier than that to showcase it.
Here's a tip, the image should showcase the power direclty enought to the point notes at the bottom of the picture aren't needed to explain it beyond it being used.

The outcome comes too late for me to make a continuous gif, but I may be able to fuse together a gif of the start and end.

It does show the Omnitrix manipulating the Highbreed DNA on a cellular level though.

You could also just start the gif as soon as the shockwave is started, rather than include the preparation for it.
The cellular thing showcases the power technically, but it's not really a direct example without context, users could think it's just some fancy animation while it charges or so.

Last edited:
I provided an image of Law Manipulation in use. There's tons of other images like that I'm aware of so if a better one is needed I can pitch some ideas here.

Can't really help you with Abstract Existence and Non-Corporeality. Those are more "state of being" powers that aren't really "used" in the traditional sense, and the best I can probably get you is pictures of characters who possess those properties or a picture of someone giving exposition that explains a charcter having that property.

An exposition of a character having that property would fit best overall, the same can also apply to the Nonexistent Physiology picture.
As for Law Manipulation, maybe something from Umineko? Again, it shouldn't need an entire note explaining what's going on, the picture should do all the saying. The new picture you gived is still better than the previous one, by the way.

Last edited:
Dargoo:

Thank you for fixing the Biological Manipulation image.

I feel like the MtG examples are better at showing the power being directly used. There's an example of Azor's magic setting a "rule" in Ixalan that planeswalkers can't leave the plane and that rule preventing Jace from Planeswalking here if you'd like an alternative image. Otherwise I think the image it changed it to is fine.

I also changed the Abstract Existence picture to a picture showing/explaining the formation of Eternity, which I think shows and explains the power in the simplest way possible.

The nonexistent physiology image is probably the best you'll get for visually depicting that power. If anyone has any better ideas they can shoot.

Working on finding a good picture for Non-Corporeality.

I would like to make a proposal here that I think would greatly benefit our pages for esoteric powers and powers that qualify as "state of being" powers that are hard to demonstrate in a single image.

Instead of using the thumbnail format to have text under the image of a powers page, we use a quote from a work that also demonstrates the given power that users can read at the start of the page that clearly demonstrates a written example of a power or what we expect to be explained for a character to have a power. Something short from an iconic verse many users are familiar with. TV Tropes uses a similar format where an image and a quote are used as examples for a trope.

Would there be any objections to me trying this out on a few pages and linking them here?

Additionally, I have created a new image for the Deconstruction page, which previously had a very wonky and low-res picture due to the movie's aspect ratio and what I'm guessing was file compression. This is both in a higher aspect ratio, takes up less space, and clearly shows the power in a better fashion.

I can add it to the page after the wiki lock is over.

I trust your sense of judgement. However, quotes seem unnecessary in this case, given that we should ideally already explain how a power works in a more elaborate manner within the summary text. My apologies.

@Ant

Fair. Maybe just for extremely abstracted/esoteric powers that I can't show simply through a picture, such as Non-Coporeality and Nonexistent Physiology, since there's no real way to show a demonstration of the power just with images?

Otherwise I'll probably just be limited to comic book / manga scans that explain powers like that, which is fine too.

Back