• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Improving contents of Powers & Abilities pages

That is fine with me too. Decreases the work, plus I don't see it as that big of a deal.

Eh, I suppose that's a fine way of handling things.

Adding the term simply to the Heat Manip profile is fine by me.

Bambu makes a good point. It would be a massive revision for limited gain.

We could also simply create a redirect page from Thermal Manipulation, and state that both names are acceptable in the Heat Manipulation page.
I like this take, honestly. If we're going to say "(Also known as Heat Manipulation)" anyways, I think the reverse can be done instead. Leave it as Heat Manip, and then say "(Also known as Temperature Manipulation)" and be done with it. The objective is achieved and the work is reduced to adding a small handful of words to the existing page, and doesn't cause any confusion for users trying to add abilities to their pages.
Thank you. It seems like this has been accepted then.

As said before, it wouldn't be that hard of a revision given that a bot can do it in about five minutes with hardly any issue, given how simplistic the change is and how easy it is to just filter the pages to edit without needing to manually do a list.
I also still support just keeping it as "Temperature Manipulation", yet while skipping the "(Also known as Heat Manipulation)" part as it's counterproductive to what this rename aims to do in the first place and does nothing but confusion for the sake of traditionalism, on that regard if anything only a redirect is required.

My issue isn't with the work, it's with people getting confused over a trivial edit. People trying to add the ability that aren't paying attention to the thread at this very moment will know nothing other than Heat Manip isn't there anymore.

Hence why I'm fine with a redirect being done, this would help users note that the page got renamed, and then we can move on accordingly on that regard.

Some characters have Cold Manipulation but programmed to lead to Heat Manipulation; it will instead redirect to Temperature Manipulation which of Heat and Cold manipulation are both sub-powers of that.

A simply redirect is fine yeah.

So have we decided to use a simple redirect from Temperature Manipulation to Heat Manipulation then, and to insert TM as an alternative name into the relevant page?

Last edited:
I feel this still leaves a few things to be desired (category stuff, for example) but if everyone is dead set on this then I suppose I don't really care enough to argue something as trivial as this.

I was arguing for using your solution, and so were the others as far as I understood.

We can also change names of categories; though I can understand if that's also quite a bit of work for a bot to use

Categories are much easier to update the titles of, but I do not think that it is necessary if we will simply create a redirect page from Temperature Manipulation.

Can we please change the image in Corruption to something more explicit? The current image suffers the classic issue of "They have this power" with no actual visual portrayal.

We tried to do something about it awhile ago, but nothing was found.

We can obviously try again.

What? No, I meant a redirect TO Temperature Manipulation.

Oh. Most of us seem to prefer the other solution, given the sheer workload involved in fixing all of the heat manipulation links.

TBH it isn't even a big workload as said before, a bot can do it quickly with no need to think too much over renaming edits.

Okay. I will rename the page to Temperature Manipulation then.

I handled it:

Since the thread got more powers addressed than what was in the OP:

Current Law Manipulation picture doesn't show anything remotely striking as law manipulation.

I suggest that this get changed to a scan like this one, when the power is most blatantly shown and explained.

I also noticed three others pages with the same problem:

Morality Manipulation is just a case of "this guy has it". I suggest using this gif, which shows both Void Termina and Kirby using their own Morality Manipulation to overwrite the other's.

Invisibility. While I guess that lacking an image fits the idea of Invisibility, I would just use the most iconic representant of this power.

Creation has the same problem as Morality Manipulation. I would either recommand an explanation version like this scan or just a scan of someone creating something.

Well, the second scan is fine, but the first one is unclear regarding what is happening, and the last one does not look good enough.

Back