• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immortality Negation and Regeneration Negation pages

Ok, though Regen negation is just getting merged with type 3 immortality negation so it’s not gonna matter in the long run.

If I remember correctly, you just replace all of the contents of the current Immortality Nullification page with the following code:

#REDIRECT [[Power Nullification]]

@Antvasima No that's not what I'm talking about, is there a way when you type in the code for power nullification that instead of showing the general power null page, it skips down to where Immortality Negation is in that page? If that's possible without causing a headache with coding then I wouldn't mind it being merged with power null, if that's not possible then having immortality negation is preferable imo.

Last edited:
@Antvasima No that's not what I'm talking about, is there a way when you type in the code for power nullification that instead of showing the general power null page, it skips down to where Immortality Negation is in that page? If that's possible without either causing a headache with coding then I wouldn't mind it being merged with power null, if that's not possible then having immortality negation is preferable imo.
[[Inorganic Physiology#Users|Inorganic Physiology]] will link to https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Inorganic_Physiology#Users
Or for Powernull
[[Power_Nullification#Types|Immortality Negation]] will link to https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Power_Nullification#Types
Since it is listed under Types it will only redirect to Types unless you put Immortality and Regeneration negation as another Heading or Sub Heading

Feel free to carry out the revision in question then.

Is it good if I unlock both of the relevant pages for you?

@Antvasima Can I include the Hercules gif into the sub category too to have an example be there or no? Also yeah open the page please.
I have unlocked the two pages in question. Tell me here when you are done please.

Also, I personally do not mind if you add the Hercules gif animation, but it may deviate too much from our standard format for powers and abilities pages, so I am not certain.

Would it be best to keep this for another CRT on this topic? The concerns/suggestions brought up keep being mostly ignored staff approval-wise.

Last edited:
Additionally, Regeneration has little to no connection towards the reality the character exists in as the regen in question is revolving around the target individual, not all of existence, so being able to destroy a Higher-Dimensional Plane to attack the character won't put them down as High-Godly by default already lets them come back from literal nothingness
Im pretty sure DT still disagrees with this notion
Why do you assume a High-Godly can do that if they have no feats of that in particular? 🤔
The reason why the reality being there is relevant is for the reasons I laid out. If you want to regenerate you have to do so somewhere. How do you plan to reconstruct a 3D body if the 3 dimensions you would usually use for that ceased to exist? As said, it's not impossible for a character to do that, but it doesn't just come for free. Feats should be required.
@DontTalkDT again this sounds no different than having someone be erased alongside an entire timeline and they just regenerate from that level of erasure, or in this case History erasure. If you can come back from the reality you’re in from being erased (which was the old standard for High-Godly), then having a higher range of destruction means nothing to them.
Just because he hasn't responded doesn't mean he agrees. I also still in disagreement with this without proper feat
And as Antvasima said. bureaucrat holds higher weigh when it comes to Powers and abilities in the site

@ImmortalDread Resistance negation was already there.

@TheGreatJedi13 ok, he can still comment or just make another thread about this, and it’s been a week since he commented so if he’s not going to respond anytime soon we should just move on. Bureaucrats holding higher weight means jack shit here when Promestein, a former Bureaucrat agrees with this being a thing.

@TheGreatJedi13 ok, he can still comment or just make another thread about this, and it’s been a week since he commented so if he’s not going to respond anytime soon we should just move on. Bureaucrats holding higher weight means jack shit here when Promestein, a former Bureaucrat agrees with this being a thing.
And a 1:1 vote isn't conclusive in this case in terms of weight for a Bureaucrat
It comes without saying that Ability page revision would need to be properly evaluated and dismissing another Bureaucrat's contention because another agreed and a former one at that is quite uncanny for lack of better words.

As this affects the entire site simply going off with this is greatly concerning.
It comes with a responsibility to handle site abilities pages and you should have been aware of such things, especially with how there is a multitude of other Staff threads going on that would require their attention so disregarding their contention and proceeding with the revision without taking in mind their contention just because there wasn't a response within a week is in your part rather unscrupulous.

And to be honest. Promestein comments and responses were mostly about whether or not the page should exist or be merged not of what is the content contrary to DT who commented regarding the contents.

You introducing something new regarding regeneration is the main concern here regarding them being able to regenerate from the complete removal of the plane where they can do their regeneration. As this clearly isn't a standard nor a guideline present.

Yes, especially as it has already been included into a section of that page.
I added it since they are already logically and obviously under the same section.

If it is possible, simplely delete the existing page

It looks good to me. Thank you for helping out. 🙏

I created a redirect link from our former Immortality Negation page:

Should I do the same with our Resistance Negation page?
In my opinion, resistance negation should be merged as well. It still falls under power null
Yes, especially as it has already been included into a section of that page.
I added it since they are already logically and obviously under the same section.

If it is possible, simplely delete the existing page
What do the rest of you think about this?

@Promestein

@Antvasima I assume we need soke valuable and sensitive input from staff members since there is new guideline has been added.
And to be honest. Promestein comments and responses were mostly about whether or not the page should exist or be merged not of what is the content contrary to DT who commented regarding the contents.

You introducing something new regarding regeneration is the main concern here regarding them being able to regenerate from the complete removal of the plane where they can do their regeneration. As this clearly isn't a standard nor a guideline present.

Which staff members have helped out here earlier, and what should I ask them about?

Thank you for your reply.

Are you willing to appropriately reformat the page?

Which staff members have helped out here earlier, and what should I ask them about?
Donttalk has yet to respond back regarding this part that was added.
Additionally, Regeneration has little to no connection towards the reality the character exists in as the regen in question is revolving around the target individual, not all of existence, so being able to destroy a Higher-Dimensional Plane to attack the character won't put them down as High-Godly by default already lets them come back from literal nothingness
Why do you assume a High-Godly can do that if they have no feats of that in particular? 🤔
The reason why the reality being there is relevant is for the reasons I laid out. If you want to regenerate you have to do so somewhere. How do you plan to reconstruct a 3D body if the 3 dimensions you would usually use for that ceased to exist? As said, it's not impossible for a character to do that, but it doesn't just come for free. Feats should be required.
@DontTalkDT again this sounds no different than having someone be erased alongside an entire timeline and they just regenerate from that level of erasure, or in this case History erasure. If you can come back from the reality you’re in from being erased (which was the old standard for High-Godly), then having a higher range of destruction means nothing to them.
I don't remember any other staff having the same contention
this requires proper input as there was no set standard whether this is a thing or not in regeneration page

Last edited:
@TheGreatJedi13 then he can make another thread on the matter. If he's not going to comment for over a week since his last response why are we not moving on with the discussion?

I don't think creating an additional thread is productive. The OP simply added new information, people and mostly staff members agreed for creating a new page, I doubt anyone evaulate the text.

Creating a new thread won't help much. Simply patiently wait for DT.

If DT’s not going to respond why wait? He can make another thread about this if he wants to.

Back