• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of Immortality Negation

Well the consensus seems to have switched to just deleting it.

What with Bambu and Armor and DDM at the start. And me being supportive of either conclusion.

I don't mind trimming it down or moving it to the respective pages. All else aside, it seems like a minor issue regardless.

I don't quite understand what this is trying to suggest exactly. Is it to just remove the point of "[[Immortality]] [[Power Nullification|Negation]]"?

It's mostly either trimming down the page/moving it to the immortality section to make the power null page more concise, or just outright deleting it. I'm in favor of the former due to many verses having Immortality negation in the first place, and having some form of explanation on the ability would help answer a lot of questions on what counts and what doesn't.

It's mostly either trimming down the page/moving it to the immortality section to make the power null page more concise, or just outright deleting it. I'm in favor of the former due to many verses having Immortality negation in the first place, and having some form of explanation on the ability would help answer a lot of questions on what counts and what doesn't.
Yeah, saw some points and think the former can work.

@DarkDragonMedeus btw in regards to your comment on how there's normal ways to get around some immortalities, the section talks about some of your points like the whole "kill someone beyond their regen showing" as it would only be considered immortality negation if someone had Majin Buu levels of immortality, and someone is stated to kill immortals easily and all they did was stab them once and they just dropped dead without much elaboration beyond "I can kill immortal beings".

I don't understand the reason why immortality, regeneration negation should be placed in regeneration or immortality page, this power is pratically power null at aim specifically at immortality, regeneration; it make no sense to place a specific power null in immortality or regeneration page, completely unrelated. At best we should just trimmed the page down, remove anti-magic is fine since it is not really too specific

Yeah I'm gonna just go with the easier route here.

Bambu is for removing, Armor is for removing, Prop did not state an opinion, Planck is neutral, DDM and Glass are for moving it, I'm switching my vote to outright deletion as I initially proposed.

Yeah I'm gonna just go with the easier route here.

Bambu is for removing, Armor is for removing, Prop did not state an opinion, Planck is neutral, DDM and Glass are for moving it, I'm switching my vote to outright deletion as I initially proposed.
You didn't really provide enough context in the OP which had me all confused, but if it's just stemming around just removing Immortality Negation in general, why's that exactly? As there can be some indications and statements that could be prior to Immortality neg hax, instead of just taking it out entirely in general. Why not just simply come up with some standards so that they could all qualify for what the ability stands for?

My vote is nonexistent since i'm a blue nam, but i against remove/detele them or move them to another page. Just trim them down, they are noteworthy and niche powers, enough to warrant them to be mentioned and as i said before, they are, fundamentally, power null that aim specifically at something, moving them to another page no sense, making a new page for them is out of question, it is redundant

You didn't really provide enough context in the OP which had me all confused, but if it's just stemming around just removing Immortality Negation in general, why's that exactly? As there can be some indications and statements that could be prior to Immortality neg hax, instead of just taking it out entirely in general. Why not just simply come up with some standards so that they could all qualify for what the ability stands for?
Because I simply don't believe the ability is unique enough to warrant it.

Because I simply don't believe the ability is unique enough to warrant it.
Just for this reasoning that rather comes off as personal, I disagree with this for the time-being then. As this could have so many possibilities of being noteworthy

So that's 4 for trimming/moving the ability somewhere else (Me, Planck, DDM, and Propellus), and 3 for deletion (Crab, Bambu and Armor)

To what extent would you guys even want to trim it that it doesn't just end up looking like the Anti-Magic bit

Like they're already super close in terms of level of exposition, is the thing you're scrapping so much to save just the "Users" bit?

Just for this reasoning that rather comes off as personal.
It...isn't?

The fact of the matter is that on a fundamental level immortality negation is power null. There are specifications and alterations unique to certain verses that use it, but that should be covered in the profiles where it is relevant anyway. The redirection from listings of said immortality negation to power null on pages aren't so unintuitive as they're being painted and in the absolute worst case scenario they may require some editing.

It...isn't?
You didn't give any actual reasoning why it should be removed other than a just "simply".
The fact of the matter is that on a fundamental level immortality negation is power null. There are specifications and alterations unique to certain verses that use it, but that should be covered in the profiles where it is relevant anyway. The redirection from listings of said immortality negation to power null on pages aren't so unintuitive as they're being painted and in the absolute worst case scenario they may require some editing.
And I recalled giving this suggestion before:

Why not just simply come up with some standards so that they could all qualify for what the ability stands for?

Specify what standards mean in this particular case. Where would they go, precisely?

Back