• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ice Dust Durability

The density of an object can change if it's mass or volume is changed. That's how science operates Weekly. Mass accounts for how much of the object there is, and volume accounts for how much space that object takes up. Saying that adding more mass or more volume doesn't change density is going against some pretty well founded theories and laws. I think only fluids have a consistent density, and ice isn't a fluid.

My example had the mass change, thus the density changed. I simply followed the law of density. Where are you coming from to say density is fixed and can never change?

@Assaultwaffle but in this certain example between Neon and Yang, is the mass of her ice changing proportionally to the volume? How would one determine that?

@Knight But both mass and volume ARE changing here. You'd kinda need explicit proof that just one or the other is changing, and like i said before if it were just volume that were changing then Yang breaking Neon's ice would be even more impressive as her ice would be heavier and more dense, and thus more durable, than the ice that restrained the Paladin

@Kingofwolves

Because those two properties change in relation to each other naturally. If I put a block of ice on an ice sculpture, for example, I've increased the mass and volume of the sculpture, but I haven't increased density. Density is something that is more difficult to change than mass or volume, as the material must be pressed closer together. That isn't an action that is easy, especially with a solid like ice. Unless it is stated that density has been manipulated, you can't really assume that.

Very well. Someone should change Neon's and probably anyone else who was forgotten's profile to High 8-c with dust then.

Back