• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I wonder if I can suggest that to the versus threads section so I'm asking for your opinion first (Lucifer vs Lucifer)

Having quite recently finished Shin Megami Tensei III (nocturne) and battled SMT's version of Lucifer, a perhaps stupid thought came to me: what if this Lucifer battled Lucifer Morningstar? Both have the same tier and the usual OP hax granted to tier 1-A characters (SMT's Lucifer may look like his list of powers and abilities is smaller but we should keep in mind he also has access to all powers and all resistances listed on Cognitive Physiology's (a SMT verse-specific power) page since he is an archetype tier + all powers and abilities mentioned in Observation (type 1) which is another SMT verse-specific power.

If I suggest that battle to the vs threads section, I will suggest two rounds.

Round 1: SMT's Lucifer is using his demonic or angel forms to battle Lucifer Morningstar. The battle happens anywhere as long as it's neither DC nor SMT to make sure none of them has any sort of advantage on the other other.

Round 2: Same conditions as before except we will use Shin Megami tensei V Lucifer after he absorbed The One True God (gaining all of that character's knowledge, attacks, abilities as well as omnipresence in the process)

What do you think of this? Should I post that in the vs threads section? Should I avoid doing that because battles involving tier 1-A characters should be avoided or perhaps because it's unfair for one of them? Thanks in advance for your replies!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this match-up has already been posted and is considered to be a stomp. I know DC's cosmology is undergoing major revisions, but I believe Megami Tensei Lucifer is ontologically superior as well.
Thanks a lot for that reply! Do you have links that explain how the Megami Tensei cosmology works? I once talekd to a friend about megami Tensei's Lucifer who could probably be a challenge to lucifer Morningstar and that person was like "no way, only 20 characters in all of fiction can deal with Lucifer Morningstar". That person had no knowledge of megami tensei (I have myself only a few but yeah htis verse is incredibly OP and haxy and it's cosmology is very introguing).

Back