• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I can Reflect better than you! Meliodas vs Mercuremon

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Wanted to make this so bad. First High 6-B Digimon fight

Nanatsu no Taizai vs Digimon

Dragon's Sin or Wrath vs Inherent Warror of Steel

-Post Revival Mel

-Speed Equal

-SBA

FIGHT!!!

Meliodas: 0

Mercuremo: 2 (Vin, Emperor)

Inconclusive: 4 (Yobo, Gar, Dziga, Peter)

MeliodasRenderLostvayne
Mercuremon3

Curse removal should only be as BlackSeraphimon, so this form doesn't have it.

Taking their powers into consideration, I'm not certain who wins. Meliodas can create duplicates with Lostvayne which, while physically weaker, can all reflect attacks at full potency. So Mel's reflection is better in that regard, but I think Mercuremon's in better in terms of the sheer power it can reflect, working even on Seraphimon's attacks. That means that Mercuremon can reflect anything Mel can throw at him, so it's their individual abilities aside from reflection that determine the result.

Meliodas being able to eat souls might be less viable thanks to Mercuremon's natural resistance to soul manipulation, and being able to punch Mel's soul and mind is probably a huge help, but he also happens to resist soul manipulation to a great degree so it's far from conclusive. There's also the problem of Meliodas' Hellfire being able to kill both of them. If I had to guess either Meliodas hits Mercuremon first, or gets his Hellfire reflected and kills himself. Mercuremon having no attacks aside from reflection skills also means he's more likely to stay on the defensive, which honestly helps him a lot. Focusing on defense and his intelligence makes it less likely he'll be caught off guard, improving his chances of reflecting the one attack that'll manage to put Meliodas down.

I'm leaning toward Mercuremon for now, unless Meliodas has something huge that I missed

Gargoyle One said:
Quick thing

Doesn't Mel one shot?
If his attack hits yeah. But Mercuremon can deal with stronger attacks with his Mirror haxes.

Yeh, Mel can one-shot if his attack doesn't get reflected. Going to read more about Mercuremon before giving my definitive vote.

If his attack hits yeah. But Mercuremon can deal with stronger attacks with his Mirror haxes.

How strong?

Peter1129 said:
Unsealed Meliodas is probably somewhat above baseline in Base and roughly 2x baseline in Demon Mark.
Unsealed Mel can stomp people who are somewhat inferior, but still comparable to 3,68x baseline.

The stronger Ten Commandments are the ones that are roughly twice as weak as the average Archangel which is 3.68x baseline. Unsealed Base Meliodas stomped Galand who is the weakest commandment in Base. And Unsealed Demon Mark Meliodas is only comparable to the stronger Commandments.

Even if you assume Galand is baseline, he still got casually stomped by Mel, so he wouldn't be just "somewhat above" baseline.

I think I should probably make a CRT about this. Base Galand shouldn't be Baseline High 6-B he should be 6-B+ as there's a clear difference in power between the weaker Ten Commandment and the stronger ones. He was casually blasted away by one of Tarmiel's head 3000 years ago. He was only able to put up somewhat of a fight after using Critical Over.

Yeah that would. Critical Over Galand should be baseline High 6-B with those that are weaker than him being 6-B+.

I should note that the Legendary Warriors are above baseline btw. I will post why when I get to a desktop.

Now to explain why Mercuremon is above baseline High 6-B.

Mercuremon is scaled to Agunimon.

An Agunimo who has lost his power becomes Flamon. Meaning Flamon is only a fraction of Agunimon's power.

Flamon despite this, is so powerful that even Folder Continent Champion Digimon don't stand a chance against him.

Folder Continent Digimon are 109 Gigatons.

This makes Flamon far stronger than your average Folder Continent mon and Agunimon and by extention Mercure along with all the other Warriors far above even Flamon.

A Digimon that was transformed into a half-beast, half-man form when Agnimon lost its power. It is missing the "Combat Instinct" that Digimon naturally possess, and moreover, it has lost power. However, it is a being that has inherited a Spirit of the legendary Ten Warriors who possess ultimate strength, so although it has lost power, ordinary Adult-class Digimon aren't a match for it. If anything, it has kindness inappropriate for a Digimon and is similar to an Adult Digimon, counterbalancing its mischievous part.

You should probably use Post-Revival Base Meliodas who is comparable to characters that are 1.64x baseline. Or use Post-Revival Demon Mark Meliodas who is stronger than Ludoshel who is stronger than Tarmiel who is 3.68x baseline if you want to give Meliodas the AP advantage.

Peter1129 said:
I think I should probably make a CRT about this. Base Galand shouldn't be Baseline High 6-B he should be 6-B+ as there's a clear difference in power between the weaker Ten Commandment and the stronger ones. He was casually blasted away by one of Tarmiel's head 3000 years ago. He was only able to put up somewhat of a fight after using Critical Over.
He was already 6-B+. Also quick reminder that Galand can hurt Tarmiel and it's established that 1 Archangel = 2 Commandments.

@Dziga Like I've said before a clear difference in power between the weaker and stronger Commandmehts. 3000 years ago Base Galand was casually blasted away by one of Tarmiel's head and later crushed by an Arc Ball. He only managed to lift it up after using Critical Over and even than it was by no means casual. Not to mention even characters that are stronger than Critical Over Galand still had trouble fighting them. So it would make no sense for the weaker Commandments like Base Galand to be in the same league as the stronger ones.

Haven't watched Digimon Frontier in a while so is Mercuremon capable of reflecting physical attacks as well?

Frontier was an energy attack. Databook says any type of attack.

A Digimon that possesses power over Steel which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. It acts as an advisor among the Warriors of Evil, to whom it imparts its wisdom. Due to its aristocratic tendencies, it often obsesses over making sure things are done to its liking; this obsession carries over into battle, where it explains its tactics and the splendor of the equipment it uses one by one. While its brilliant mind allows it to come up with various strategies, at the same time, it often ends up arguing with itself in a fast-paced soliloquy because of it. The powerful mirrors on both of its arms are referred to as the Irony no Tate, and they reflect any damage dealt to it by the opponent's attacks back at the opponent. It also utilises a peculiar trick where it reflects itself in its mirror, then proceeds to enter the mirror and vanish without a trace. Its Special Moves are reflecting the opponent's attacks back at it with its Irony no Tate (Generous Mirror), and reversing the properties of the opponent's attacks and offsetting them (Offset Reflector).

Back