• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I attempt another fair match for Shizue....this time against a King...

Shizue Izawa Vs Meruem

First keys used. SBA applied and speed equalized. Ifrit is restricted.

Both sides start out 20 meters apart. Battle takes place in a forest.

Former Conqueror of Flame:

"King":

Inconclusive:

Shizue Izawa 1
Meruem2

Background music:

Hunter x Hunter - Hashire (Very long version)
Hunter x Hunter - Hashire (Very long version)

I'm not sure. I think there was a calc for her storm feat, but I can no longer find the link to it.

I do think she usually starts off charging with her sword in hand, though I think watching the fight between her and then then-nameless Diablo would help answer more questions.

Ask Celestial Pegasus and the other Tensei Shitara experts here for more about that.

Her opening move is launching flames or an explosion at her opponent with her sword. The storm feat was caused by Ifrit so is not applicable here.

But really, launching flames or explosions at her opponent is pretty much the only thing she can do without Ifrit IIRC.

What about the sword? Or is the sword something from Ifrit's powers?

Cause when I meant "Ifrit is restricted", I mean the summoning of Ifrit in physical form itself.

Dragopentling said:
What about the sword? Or is the sword something from Ifrit's powers?
Cause when I meant "Ifrit is restricted", I mean the summoning of Ifrit in physical form itself.
The sword is just a sword

Ifrit is the reason for most of her abilities, and most of those abilites can only be used when Ifrit is "summoned" from my knowledge.

Shizue's fight in episode 24 of the anime was her at her peak. This VS battle however is using her retired form so not sure how to handle Ifrit. It's in her profile but not sure if that means that her using Ifrit means that she can only use it for a short time and is unable to fight afterwards, or if it should be considered a suicide attack since she might lose control over herself afterwards. If it was her peak key, she should be able to use Ifrit to win even if she'd be exhausted afterwards, but IC she'd not carelessly use it either, and she'd be even more reluctant with her retirement key.

NeoSuperior said:
Shizue's fight in episode 24 of the anime was her at her peak. This VS battle however is using her retired form so not sure how to handle Ifrit. It's in her profile but not sure if that means that her using Ifrit means that she can only use it for a short time and is unable to fight afterwards, or if it should be considered a suicide attack since she might lose control over herself afterwards. If it was her peak key, she should be able to use Ifrit to win even if she'd be exhausted afterwards, but IC she'd not carelessly use it either, and she'd be even more reluctant with her retirement key.
I'm trying to be careful because her peak key will likely Stomp this pre-Rose version of Meruem

Only if bloodlusted. Shizue's peak key IC would still only use Ifrit release as a last resort. As for retired? Hard to say. But even her retired form has an upside: If Shizue dies, Ifrit gets released too and while only having limited time left in spirit form, it would still have 100,000x the energy of any Low 7-C character, which, unless there is some very strong hax (e.g. spatial isolation of some sort or long range teleportation powers) involved that let's that character survive for long enough, would insure an "incon by double KO" in most cases.

So as I have said previously, does Meruem have anything to survive an "At Least 7-A" Greater Fire Spirit for long enough until it dissipates, if he managed to kill Shizue? If he can't then he can only get incon at best.

Meruem's Dura is Small Town Level, which is why I limited Ifrit in the first place.

Also, I dunno if I mentioned ep 6 when you do see actually fighting those large red ants with her sword endowed with her fire abilities (unless that counted as Ifrit being used directly).

No that fire is not "using Ifrit directly". Using Ifrit directly involves taking off her mask and using some sort of "White Flames". Only that is confirmed to raise her stats to "At Least 7-A". Using her "normal" Flame-based abilities, i.e. anything she showed in EP6 of the Slime anime or the corresponding manga chapter, should be fine though.

But yea, I somehow failed to notice the restriction on Ifrit the entire time. Hmm... in that case it's hard to say. Shizue got more experience though, since she had been an adventurer with focus on monster subjugation (among which there are plenty of "intelligent monsters" as well) for decades. There's also the issue that normally fire would win VS poison, right? So I am leaning towards Shizue here (not a vote yet, want to see responses first).

Meruem is a extraordinary genius and was already born as an expert skilled fighter. His intellect far surpasses Shizue's, and once he discovers her fighting patterns it wont be hard for him to finish her.

Still, Fire > Poison normally, no? Even more so since it's instant Fire vs slow-acting Poison. Guess it depends on how long the fight takes, in the end.

Oh right, then it's just Fire + Arts + Decades of Battle Experience + Anti-Magic Mask (conceals magic power and grants magic resistance) vs Nen + Extraordinary Genius.

Fire imbued sword will deal damage to Neruem even if he blocks, so he'd have to dodge, making it even more difficult for him. Issue about Fire isn't the pain but rather the damage.

I don't recall Meruem using a Nen barrier at least in this particular key unless if I remember stuff incorrectly. Shizue does has extrasensory perception, though, and apparently she can fight, while this version of Meruem cannot. Meruem's Power Absorption and Regenerationn are not combat-applicable, just a reminder.

Not siding with anyone in particular, just trying to even out the playing field.

Shizue doesn't drag out fights though.

Her Anti-Magic Mask also masks her Aura (verse-equalized with Nen, I assume?), making it difficult for Meruem to evaluate her fire-related capabilities.

She can also cause a forest fire and gain battlefield advantage because it takes place in a forest. Of course she wouldn't open with that. But she is decisive enough that the very moment where she feels like Meruem is a danger she can't stop easily, she will resort to setting the forest on fire. Her Mask also contains a breathing function, so she'd gain an immense advantage with that.

The Anti-Magic Mask conceals both Magic and the Aura emitted by the user, or basically any sort of "energy" that might give someone away as anything but a normal human.

Aura is not necessarily magic, either.

Also, Nen is still a supernatural theme.

P.S. @NeoSuperior @EmperorDoom25 I'd appreciate if you can get more supporters for both verses for more debates here.

shizu has an indestructible mask , can king bypass that ? I could see him punch shizu face and he got completely annihilated by the mask power

Sheska, I think CP mentioned that we probably shouldn't touch on that aspect of the Mask until more LN content gets translated, which will probably be YEARS. The "power of infinite time" aspect I mean. It's not very well elaborated in the episode, although I personally think that it should give her something in regards to Fate Manipulation or Causality Manipulation, but that shouldn't belong in this thread, so I'll leave it at that.

The Mask being indestructable when she uses it, however, seems to be clear cut enough, so anything involving its destruction should be impossible.

Being the follow-up part of a hunter's exam can hardly be considered "every human" though. I mean yea, it's not like ONLY hunters can learn it, but still, when it was introduced, it got kind of introduced as a secret that even most hunter exam participants didn't know about. Heck even Killua didn't.

What I mean to say is that if you say that "theoretically" every average joe could learn Nen, then likewise could every average joe pass the hunter's exam "theoretically". But that'd just be non-sense practically.

Just because the series is presented from within the actual "fighter caste of the world"-PoV, doesn't mean that actually everyone is capable of using it.

I'm not sure about Shizue's Dura, but I'm sure it'd be comparable to when she was in peak. Considering she probably fought monsters who've hit back as hard as her, it might be on par with Meruem except she'll react more to pain than the latter ofc. This is still an assumption, though, because there seems to be no mentioned or displayed feats of her tanking sizable hits unless someone has info.

Btw, what are their respective AP calcs?

Shizue is lowballed. Any Monster needs to be able to "have the power to destroy a small town" (= Low 7-C) to be considered A-Rank or "Hazard Class". Any A-Rank Freedom Guild members are comparable to that. At her peak Shizue was "A-Plus" Rank in the Freedom Guild. However she is the only character with "A-Plus" Rank that appeard in the series yet, so it's hard to classify that properly. The next highest scale is already between 7-A and High 7-A for "Special A" Rank or "Calamity Class", which is what Ifrit belongs to, which stems from a "Special A" Rank character, stated to be twice as powerful as Ifrit, tanking a compressed single-target version of a High 7-A AoE attack.

Problem is that the main cast is already on the realm of 7-A to High 7-A so it's difficult to find feats or scale targets for weaker characters.

And that's lowballing it, like you said earlier. She should be significantly stronger, but there wasn't much stuff from her to do calcs with besides the storm calc, which didn't matter tbh.

Back