• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hyrules Size (Or the size of the world in general)

Just imagine how big Hyrule(or the Zelda world) is going to be in Zelda Wii U, if this is true would this suggest some Zelda characters to get a power increase?

Quite possibly, I suppose. I've actually been looking for someone to calculate Hyrule's size for quite a while, now, seeing as the last calc's basis got debunked...

It's looking promising to have an actually calc after this game comes out, unfortunately that won't be until 2017, buuut I bet we will get a lot of details from the Zelda-Only conference Nintendo is having at E3 this year.

Producer Eiji Aonuma recently said the game would about the size of Kyoto, which is 320 square miles. While this number could tell you anything about the actual size of the game, making some comparisons with other open world titles could help you really understand what's happening here. 320 square miles would be:

• 22x Skyrim (around 14.3 square miles)
  • 10x Grand Theft Auto V (around 31 square miles)
  • 6x The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (around 52 square miles)
According to these details it is looking promising, so if you assume this.... theoretically, What would we be seeing when it comes to a power creep if it's scaled to the size of these details?

Quite possibly. Remember, in-game world size doesn't necessarily equal canon world size, Skyrim and Hyrule are both supposed to be actual countries and such.

True true, but seeing the size of the in game world increase such dramatically, I could see the lore getting a huge increase or at least a concrete calculation by the time this game comes out. Have there been in-game worlds that have been larger than their canon sizes? The in game world itself is usually smaller is it not?

Awesome, so back to my main question then, if Zeldas world ends up canonly being 22x the size of skyrim, 320 square miles, How much of a boost are we looking at here?

Probably a decent boost for some of the people like the Sages and Twinrova that scale to feats which are based in Hyrule's size.

Be careful, though, that you remember that scaling in between verses like that is generally a bad idea.

Yeah, I mostly made this post because there was a lot of crap towards it in that downscale thread someone posted. Would the triforce/Golden goddess Or composite Link be effected in any way?

Alright awesome, so if hyrule ends up indeed being as big as they say, that means it will negate any of the previous arguments right?

Indeed we will, needless to say I am excited, because this game is already looking like a more alive Zelda world than Nintendo has ever made.

Back