• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Y'all, I find myself at a bit of a roadblock

I'm having a problem trying to decide whether or not Kurome seemingly being one with Heart Dimension would grant anything

For reference, here are the scans in regards to Kurome and Heart Dimension being one:
  • Croire: "Like, is that cool though? If you do that, Zero Dimension is gonna disappear along with Heart Dimension."
  • Croire (again): "C'mon, were you numbskulls paying attention? This world is with Uzume. If she disappears, it's pretty obvious this place will go, too."
  • Uzume: "And in the end, I gotta defeat "Myself" or the two dimensions'll fuse. But if "I" disappear, so will Zero Dimension and me..."
  • Ultra Neptune: "This is literally inside Kurome's heart. If Negative Energy's accumulated in her soul, then we can just purify this world."
  • Nepgear: "Her soul is connected to Heart Dimension... this must be the work of our sisters."
  • S-Sha: "So, being one with a dimension to this extent has now backfired."
  • Kurome: "Even if "I" come here, what can you possibly do? If you kill me, this world and "I" will disappear. If you don't kill me, Hyper Dimension and Heart Dimension will fuse. I myself will become Hyper Dimension!"
There's a lot of quotes that support Kurome and Heart Dimension being one and the same, or at the very least, linked to each other. So if that is the case, what would this even grant?

I can think of HDE, but that's just about it, tbh

Here you go, here's the draft:
Introduction
Guess who's back, back again? Well, it's just me this time, but I'm returning once again to give all of you some more Hyperdimension Neptunia revisions. Lately, I've been feeling an itch to scratch in regards to VII, with it being some of the first revisions that I actively developed and participated in extensively. And having looked at some of the profiles for VII characters, I truly can't help but feel that there is simply something. . .missing from them.

So, of course, being the crazed lunatic for this series that I am, I decided to do a revisit of VII just on the off-chance that I might find something new. And boy, oh boy, did I find some new things. On top of that, I decided to throw in some other bits and pieces in here since I figured they can help make the verse a bit more. . .meaty, if you will.

Now, because this isn't focusing on a new main continuity entry (and therefore isn't an entirely new set of revisions for the series), this won't be nearly as long as some of the ones we have done in the past. There won't be any scaling changes, no tier changes, nothing major like that. This will be new Powers and Abilities, rewriting of existing Powers and Abilities, a respect thread for Neptune, two new profiles (that I had already created a revision for but it died out due to me losing interest in the site for a while), and some other changes.

I will be splitting the Powers and Abilities into two different categories: New and Rewritten. Should be pretty self-explanatory; new P&As are ones that did not exist on the profiles before or are for newly created profiles, and rewritten P&As are cleaned-up explanations for the ones that have existed on the profiles for a while.

So with that said, let's get to Nepping!

Powers and Abilities
Like I said before, these will be split into two different categories. All of these will have references as they already exist in the sandbox, so even though you cannot see them here, they will be there.

New Powers and Abilities
These powers are completely new as they do not exist on the profiles at the moment.
Rewritten Powers and Abilities
The information presented here will either replace what is currently written on the profiles in terms of the respective P&A, or will simply be added to what is already written for some extra context.
Neptune Respect Thread
A little while back, before I did my revisiting of VII, I decided to make a respect thread for Hyper Dimension Neptune. Why? Well, that's a good question that I can't answer outside of being biased for Neptune.

So here it is. Nothing too special, really.

Profiles
Of course, as per usual, with each new revision comes updates to the profiles. Now, keep in mind, not everything that I changed on the profiles is listed here. Things like Intelligence, since I felt that they weren't exactly important enough to warrant a section in the CRT, since it's not really. . .new material. However, not every profile received new stuff. In fact, the only change that a few profiles got in terms of changes was simply changing their P&A section to bullet points. Personally, after having done it a few times prior, I find it to be quite visually appealing and pleasing on the eyes, alongside making it easier to differentiate some P&A.

But either way, here are all of the profiles, new and updated.

New Profiles:

Updated Profiles:
Conclusion
That's about it from me! It was fun revisiting VII again; it's my favorite game of all time and it holds a special place in my cold-blooded heart for being the game that really skyrocketed my interest in the Neptunia series. Now, 3+ years later, the hyperfixation hasn't stopped, and with the announcement that a new mainline game is now in the development phase, my years of demanding greater substance from this series will finally be answered. But that's not important to this CRT, so I'll quit the monologue.

Discuss!

• Agree:
  • Disagree:
  • Neutral:
I'm not posting it for a few days because I'm exhausted lol

Last edited:
I think I'll either post the CRT tomorrow or the day after, just in case anybody wants to get in some last-minute objections or something

I'm kinda hoping that the Invulnerability discussion (if there will be one) goes smoothly, because even without statements, I think it's rather well-sourced and justified

So, have been playing SVS on and off the past few day's, and I'm at some point in the middle of (spoilers) Retaking Planeptune, which is around the 4th chapter of the game or so.

And I gotta say- Iiiiiiit's.... A bit of a mixed bag.
Mostly positive though.
Love the character's as usual and the Story so far seems nice. The New Character's all seem pretty interesting in their own way's, and the plot idea's so far have a ton of potential.
This is also probably just flat out the best Neptunia's looked.
Buuuuuut... The Gameplay is... Interesting?
How do I say it... It's easy. Which isn't a bad thing. But it also kind of feels like you're just doing the same thing over and over again? Like, I dunno. I don't hate the gameplay, but it sometimes feel's a bit mindless. I do like the Disc Dev though. Definitely prefer Megadimension's Gameplay personally, but that aside, SVS isn't a bad game at all imo. Then again, I'm pretty early in the story, so I can't speak too in detail about it. Ignore the fact I have been spoiled on a large portion of the game's plot and aspect's (I asked for it)

Well, I'm glad to see that you're at least having a good time with it!

On the gameplay, yeah, it is fairly mindless considering that it's pretty much just a button masher with some shoulder button action on the side so you can continue dealing the damage. And needing Discs to improve your quality of life is quite. . .weird, to say the least. I do think that if they expanded upon it (more combos, faster and less laggy attacks, step dash cancel is available from the start, and other general tweaks) then it would be really great. But alas, this is Neptunia, so we can't really expect it to be perfect, let alone great great.

I definitely think the story is the strongest it has been since VII, and the little glow-ups they did with stuff like character models, the UI (to an extent), and especially the Live2D just makes it all the more sweet.

Yeah, I pretty much agree on every aspect. The combat is too tedious and a bit laggy, and we could definitely use more variety (Like you know, maybe how VII's combo's worked-).
And yeah, it sucks, but considering the Series, it makes some sense.

I didn't even think about the 2D- Those Cutscene's are so good, with the character's shifting between expression's pretty naturally. It's probably some of the best VN style Work I've seen, unironically.
I do actually think I prefer VII's UI personally, but that's more of a opinion thing.

i also prefer vii's UI, but that's why i said (to an extent), because honestly, outside of some really nice graphical stuff, svs' ui is actually a tad. . .bland

So, after that conversation last night, I started playing again...
But funny thing, I didn't get much farther into the story. We did retake Planeptune buuuut

In all honesty I kinda spent the entire night just exploring every nook and crany of Planeptune- Honestly very cool that we got to see it and explore it!
..... that said, the Grass Texture's are so laughably out of place tbh. It's definitely a Neptunia Game, lmao.

Please someone come to this match

Damn, now I'm kinda curious: Do y'all think that Hyper Dimension Goddesses would qualify for AE Type 2?

They're stated to be entities born from Share Energy, with said Share Energy sustaining their existences and constituting as their life force, because without Share Energy, they will die and cease to exist (keep in mind, the disappearance of Heart Dimension means that Uzume's soul disappeared as well, as the two are said to be one and the same on a few different occasions), only shown to be resurrected through the use of the same energy that sustains their existences, as well as very few things being able to kill a Goddess; the only times we've seen Goddesses die were due to supernatural factors such as a loss of Share Energy (as stated before), and Gehaburn absorbing the souls and Share Energy of any Goddess it slays - both of these cases involve the direct affection of Share Energy, which is stated on the AE page to be a requirement to permanently kill an individual with AE Type 2.

I think it would be pretty cool to have AE Type 2 on them, what do you all think?

Damn, now I'm kinda curious: Do y'all think that Hyper Dimension Goddesses would qualify for AE Type 2?

They're stated to be entities born from Share Energy, with said Share Energy sustaining their existences and constituting as their life force, because without Share Energy, they will die and cease to exist (keep in mind, the disappearance of Heart Dimension means that Uzume's soul disappeared as well, as the two are said to be one and the same on a few different occasions), only shown to be resurrected through the use of the same energy that sustains their existences, as well as very few things being able to kill a Goddess; the only times we've seen Goddesses die were due to supernatural factors such as a loss of Share Energy (as stated before), and Gehaburn absorbing the souls and Share Energy of any Goddess it slays - both of these cases involve the direct affection of Share Energy, which is stated on the AE page to be a requirement to permanently kill an individual with AE Type 2.

I think it would be pretty cool to have AE Type 2 on them, what do you all think?
AE 2 seem fit as the share energy are the thing that sustain their existence.

Something sustaining one's existence isn't inherently Type 2 AE; that alone could simply be Type 8 Immortality. I just provided other supporting evidence.

Well, in a sense, Share Energy is the soul of the Goddess - as shown with Uzume, where her lack of Share Energy caused her to cease existence, as well as the Heart Dimension's existence, which itself is linked to her soul's existence.

uhhhhhh

On one hand a Neptunia Racing game doesn't sound terrible to me but
Uh
uhhhhhhhh
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Yeah idk about this trailer. I don't know what to think. It almost feels like
Weirdly
Not official?

... At least Uzume's there I guess-

Back