• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How'd he get over there man? A CRT for GER's Infinite Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heeeeeeeelllllllllllllloooooooo, VSBattleWiki! Being the night owl that I am, I'm posting my first mini-CRT here tonight to formally begin my long and arduous quest to upgrade and downgrade many popular characters within the Jojo canon. This includes but definitely isn't limited to, Giorno himself who's obviously the target of this mini-CRT, Diavolo, Johnny, Valentine, Pucci, Tooru, and Josuke 8. I also plan to post a major CRT within two weeks or so that should, hopefully, straighten out the entire verse's cosmology, but timeframes may change on that. Anyway, those future CRTs are neither here nor there. The topic of this post is none other than the causality manipulator himself, Giorno, and his ever-so-complicated stand, but you knew that already. Anyway, let's get into this with my main point, infinite movement speed, and no, my argument isn't what you might think like the tired argument of moving through Time Erase. Let's hope it goes well!

Let's take a look at this clip that links to the specific scene I'm talking about. We all know what happens, right? Starting at around 0.40, I recommend you watch the whole video through however before following along to get the full picture. Once you're there at 0:40, you'll obviously notice that Diavolo is angered at the arrows choice in stand user's, surprise surprise there, attacking Giorno in a vain attempt to try and kill him before whatever's showing its face fully emerges. He barrages Golden Experience's head, exposing more and more of GER's face, then suddenly. Giorno and GE dissappear, only leaving an empty husk of GE's shell while bits of GE suddently fall from the sky, Diavolo probably questions what just happened while Trish and Mista notice what's happening first. Once Diavolo finally gets with the program and turns his body. We see Golden Experience Reqiuem in all its glory, but one might ask. What's so impressive about this scene, sure he moved swiftly out of Diavolo's vision but that doesn't imply infinite movement speeds, right?

Well, let's look at the description of Infinite Speed together.

(Able to travel any finite distance in zero time, or move an infinite distance within a finite amount of time.)

The second description doesn't matter for this CRT at all, so we'll just focus on the first.

-Able to travel any finite distance in zero time.

Zero time is quite explanatory by itself, so, how does this relate to GER's movements. Well, let's check off one boxes before we come to a ultimate conclusion.

Can this potential showcase be written off as a use of an ability, like Time Stop?
-No, GER's Return To Zero works completely different from Time Stop and has no logical explanation to be used in this manner. No ability effects were seen nor ability activation sounds audibly present.

Now that that's cleared up, let's go through an actual play-by-play of what all happened within those zero seconds passing.

1. Golden Experience Reqiuem had to forcefully eject from his old body, the force from said body ejection pushing his old shell onto the ground.
2. GER moved besides Diavolo, behind him I believe in the managa, but that's besides the point.
3. GER and Giorno just had to hit a cool pose while they appeared in the sky, Jojo law states so.

All of this happened while zero time physically passed, so I fail to see how a finite speed rating, no matter how highly unquantifiable can explain this. Time wasn't visibly affected in the slightest the next insta-second we get a visual update on GER's position. That, is why I think GER should recieve Infinite Speed.

That just seems like a blitz, why are you saying it happened in 0 time
Because of every action I listed happening within that infinitesimal time frame, an infinitesimal time frame I'd consider to be zero time. Time itself as it flowed forward wasn't interrupted at all when GER moved to reveal itself. There was no cut, no splice, no noticeable effect at all that would signify an ability was being used in any way, shape or form. As I explained above, GER's RTZ just doesn't work in a way that would enable some feat like this anyway. With all of this, that's how I came to the conclusion this must be a significant speed feat. I pondered for a little bit before I came across the definition for infinite speed, and I felt like it fit this feat perfectly.

Bro, he punched Giorno, Giorno appears behind him. It’s a simple blitz, you’re asserting that NO amount of time passed which is never stated or suggested.
There's nothing simple about GER getting out of it's shell, and then moving up into the air while maneuvering behind Diavolo to then strike a pose with it's user. This was definitely a multi-step process, even if we never visually see the process of GER revealing itself take place before our eyes. What we get, instead, is a jump cut to GER floating above the group. I can take what we see with the first full shot of GER in the anime, y'know, posing with Giorno, and infer that GER must've busted out of it's previous casing almost like in the 3rd version of Traitor's Reqiuem. Why? Because the back of GE's casing wasn't open at all while King Crimson was barraging his face, meaning GER couldn't easily simply slip and slide right out. No, he had to burst through to open up an opening in the back of said casing so he could then slip out. This force, in turn, forces the case onto the ground, as I've already stated. Why does this action matter, exactly, you might be wondering to yourself? Well, an action such as this, even if it takes a measly five seconds to complete, still takes time. Moving into the air and behind somebody, takes time, and yes, even posing hard like your entire family does on the regular, takes time. Even if we took the BARE MINIMUM, and said every action took by GER to end up in the air took 10-15 seconds to complete, probably nearing 20 seconds at the most. That's still 10-15 seconds utterly unaccounted for when we play the scene back. There's simply NO time for any of these actions to take place. Time continues to flow with pieces of GE's head covering disintegrating into the sky, completely unaware it's been interrupted. GER's actions, after all, took place in zero seconds, so how could it be aware, again speaking figuratively. Logically speaking, GER and Giorno should still be on the ground, reeling in pain, but that's simply not what happens.

Last edited:
Bro, he punched Giorno, Giorno appears behind him. It’s a simple blitz, you’re asserting that NO amount of time passed which is never stated or suggested.
You also try and bring up a lack of statements which is...strange to say the least considering that this whole point isn't brought up by Diavolo, Trish, or Mista at all afterwards. The latter two simply marvel in awe at Giorno's new form, granted to him by the arrow. Diavolo, just wonders why Giorno isn't currently dead at that very moment in time.

You also try and bring up a lack of statements which is...strange to say the least considering that this whole point isn't brought up by Diavolo, Trish, or Mista at all afterwards. The latter two simply marvel in awe at Giorno's new form, granted to him by the arrow. Diavolo, just wonders why Giorno isn't currently dead at that very moment in time.
None of this matters for infinite speed

If you don't have sufficient statements you could seemingly Teleport to one side of a finite universe to the other and you'd only get MFTL+ for that, if this wiki is strict as all hell on its lightning and light how strict do you think it is on Infinite speed?

Shit, if this feat was calced without calc stacking, you'd probably get Supersonic if we were being generous with everything

.....Did bro just argue a speed blitz for infinite speed? Heck Metroman is much more impressive than that and it's only relativistic at most. That was so bad.
That sounds oddly similar to what Timmy Turnero said in the beginning of this thread....Anyway, speed scaling chains in Jojo alone are enough to disprove this inherently flawed comparison.

What speed scaling chains?
Silver Chariot, a stand with the infamous MFTL light-speed cutting feat, ended up getting perceived by Diavolo mid slash. He time skips, blitzing Polnareff before he can even counter with that same MFTL stand. That's how we get the speed scalings for all other stands in Vento Aureo, the main cast specifically off Bruno and then trickling down to Golden Experience with a MFTL rating who went toe to toe against Bruno in the first few chapters.

None of this matters for infinite speed

If you don't have sufficient statements you could seemingly Teleport to one side of a finite universe to the other and you'd only get MFTL+ for that, if this wiki is strict as all hell on its lightning and light how strict do you think it is on Infinite speed?

Shit, if this feat was calced without calc stacking, you'd probably get Supersonic if we were being generous with everything
Supersonic...for doing this exact feat to a MFTL, at the very least but maybe even higher, stand user?

Nothing in the anime or manga suggests GER moved in zero time, this is simply your headcanon, and cannot be proven. It's honestly a weaker argument than him moving in erased time being infinite speed.
Headcannon how? Proof is subjective after all, as I think this is fairly open and shut given my evidence.

Headcannon how? Proof is subjective after all, as I think this is fairly open and shut given my evidence.
Your evidence is the most blatant blitz to have ever blitzed. If Infinite speed was this easy to get, then I would have Infinite speed Warriors cats. But no. It isn't.

Your argument might work on another site, but here it's strict AF
Supersonic...for doing this exact feat to a MFTL, at the very least but maybe even higher, stand user?
Without calc stacking, yes.

Yea I disagree
This isn't infinite speed. Nothing there shows or supports the idea that GER moved at 0 time
All he did was blitz Diavolo

Silver Chariot, a stand with the infamous MFTL light-speed cutting feat, ended up getting perceived by Diavolo mid slash. He time skips, blitzing Polnareff before he can even counter with that same MFTL stand. That's how we get the speed scalings for all other stands in Vento Aureo, the main cast specifically off Bruno and then trickling down to Golden Experience with a MFTL rating who went toe to toe against Bruno in the first few chapters.
No one scales to GER, so no it doesn't contradict the speed chain

Diavolo even states soon after that GER is too fast for him to react to, and he can just barely dodge a fatal attack by using Epitaph.

If GER had infinite speed, Diavolo would have just died to that first attack.

No
SP is supposed to be the top dog of the verse, and KC is like a "maybe he's up there" with the whole first-class speed
Supersonic, but he's up there with a MFTL stand???
We have a tangible feat of him reacting to a prime SC's slash, given that it's stated that Polnareff kept going on a few adventures after Part 3, we know he couldn't have gotten any weaker over that short period of time. This feat alone helps stand user's in Vento Auero get to around MFTL, and that's agreed upon by most in this wiki, otherwise it wouldn't have been accepted. We don't need a statement like Star Platinum before his coma in part 6 that he's faster than light, we literally have the next best thing. Supersonic, come on man...

I also disagree with this. Insufficient evidence for infinite speed.

It'd be supersonic at best because Calc Stacking isn't allowed on the site, so normal human reaction time would be used. You can read the site's rules about calc stacking if you wanna know more, but basically you can't use a value from a calced feat in another calc (i.e, while Diavolo is MFTL, blitzing him would just be higher into MFTL rather than calcing the blitz).

We have a tangible feat of him reacting to a prime SC's slash, given that it's stated that Polnareff kept going on a few adventures after Part 3, we know he couldn't have gotten any weaker over that short period of time. This feat alone helps stand user's in Vento Auero get to around MFTL, and that's agreed upon by most in this wiki, otherwise it wouldn't have been accepted. We don't need a statement like Star Platinum before his coma in part 6 that he's faster than light, we literally have the next best thing. Supersonic, come on man...
Supersonic is only in case we want to calc GER blitzing KC. Since we have no canonical speed statements about KC, other than "he's fast" and his best feat not including scaling chains is him blocking bullets
Although an argument can be made about him being SoL by using the "first class speed" and comparing him to Hanged Man

Supersonic is only in case we want to calc GER blitzing KC. Since we have no canonical speed statements about KC, other than "he's fast" and his best feat not including scaling chains is him blocking bullets
Although an argument can be made about him being SoL by using the "first class speed" and comparing him to Hanged Man
Perception Speed-(At the very least MFTL)
-Quite literally activated a thought based ability MID-SLASH from a prime Silver Chariot. I just rewatched the scene, not a few seconds before, literally mid-slash.
We just gonna ignore that, or...?

Perception Speed-(At the very least MFTL)
-Quite literally activated a thought based ability MID-SLASH from a prime Silver Chariot. I just rewatched the scene, not a few seconds before, literally mid-slash.
We just gonna ignore that, or...?
Again, Calc Stacking
SC is only MFTL because of a calc, and we can't use that cause it would just lead to inflated results.
So the best way we can calc the speed is if we have a stated and concrete speed for SC or KC

Again, Calc Stacking
SC is only MFTL because of a calc, and we can't use that cause it would just lead to inflated results.
So the best way we can calc the speed is if we have a stated and concrete speed for SC or KC
Wouldn't it reacting to light be giving it at least lightspeed?

Again, Calc Stacking
But, the wiki quite literally uses said feat for additional evidence to get King Crimson to MFTL himself.
"At least Massively FTL with King Crimson (Boasts first-class speed. Though speed is rarely an issue for it due to erasing time, it could react to Silver Chariot while it was mid-attack, erase time, and quickly gouge out Silver Chariot's eye and continue attacking Polnareff before he could defend himself. Polnareff stated that he only barely dodged King Crimson once and that whether or not Giorno could defend against it is a matter of luck."
What do you mean it can't be used, it literally is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back