• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How'd he get over there man? A CRT for GER's Infinite Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't Giorno stats say infinite speed?

Isn't that technically proof?

They could say his speed was like SSS or something if it wasn't infinite

It refers to RT0
Most of the time the stats refer to the stand’s abilities, rather than their physical stats

Actually, while GER's stats say none across the board. Araki did state that his attack power specifically "surpassed that of existing stands." However, that's not my point. Diavolo, who's unquestionably MFTL, wasn't able to perceive GER's movements in the slighest. I think we can all agree on that. My Infinite Speed argument comes from the sudden jump cut between the barraging and GE's casing laying on the floor. What solidified it for me in my mind though was just how many actions had to be performed to get to the point where GER's up in the air as I've stated. If it was simply a straight line taken from A to B, then there's not much of an argument here. It just couldn't have been though given what we know about GE's shell and how GER actually got out of said shell. These actions took time, no matter how few seconds that time took up. 10-15 seconds matters heavily at the end of the day when we're talking about such a short time frame in between two events. This wasn't simply a blitz, that's what I've been trying to explain.

Actually, while GER's stats say none across the board. Araki did state that his attack power specifically "surpassed that of existing stands." However, that's not my point. Diavolo, who's unquestionably MFTL, wasn't able to perceive GER's movements in the slighest. I think we can all agree on that. My Infinite Speed argument comes from the sudden jump cut between the barraging and GE's casing laying on the floor. What solidified it for me in my mind though was just how many actions had to be performed to get to the point where GER's up in the air as I've stated. If it was simply a straight line taken from A to B, then there's not much of an argument here. It just couldn't have been though given what we know about GE's shell and how GER actually got out of said shell. These actions took time, no matter how few seconds that time took up. 10-15 seconds matters heavily at the end of the day when we're talking about such a short time frame in between two events. This wasn't simply a blitz, that's what I've been trying to explain.
My take on this based on the conversation so far is this;

Araki said Ger would be above of existing stands, That would obviously include Made in heaven who has and can reach infinite speed in finite time

So basically Ger > MIH infinite speed

Again this is my take XD

This is just speed blitz as others already said. Here's very similar feat from another verse:

A character moves, draws his sword, cuts through the other guy's sword, grabs and carries the broken sword, and goes back to his original place, with no other character being able to perceive his movement as well as audience.

Is this infinite speed? Of course not, he's just so much faster than everyone else to the point of being undetectable. It is blitz, same as GER's feat.

That still wouldn't make it Infinite Speed. That'd just make him faster than Diavolo.

This is just speed blitz as others already said. Here's very similar feat from another verse:

A character moves, draws his sword, cuts through the other guy's sword, grabs and carries the broken sword, and goes back to his original place, with no other character being able to perceive his movement as well as audience.

Is this infinite speed? Of course not, he's just so much faster than everyone else to the point of being undetectable. It is blitz, same as GER's feat.
But how do you explain MIH having infinite speed by feats, statements and even stats wise with the WOG saying Ger far surpasses him

"Requiem Arrow" is a fan term for starters, but secondly the issue of infinite speed is already addressed on Giorno's page.

MiH and Notorious BIG only achieve infinite speed through the use of their abilities, thus GER which has a better speed rating than them is given Infinite Speed for it's activation of Return to Zero.

There isn't actually a single Stand that outright has infinite combat speed without using their hax.

That's...not similar at all. Byakuya's slicing and grabbing of Ichigo's sword were two actions done right after the other, just two action done in a straight line. We know from how GE's casing is laying on the ground with the back being totally being open that GER had to have busted out of it. That's one action, moving up into the air and simultaneously moving behind Diavolo is another action. That's two actions, posing in that oh-so viral Jojo stance should be three. The most important part is however, that these actions weren't done in any sort of a straight line, clearly requiring maneuvering in the air that's not present with Byakuya at all. That's the key difference between the two feats.

Your evidence for zero time having physically passed is non-existent.

That's...not similar at all.
It's the exact same, actually.

You can do any number of actions in an an incredibly short span of time with finite speed, as long as you're fast enough.

You can cross a trillion light years in 0.00001 seconds and it still wouldn't be infinite speed.

It's the exact same, actually.

You can do any number of actions in an an incredibly short span of time with finite speed, as long as you're fast enough.

You can cross a trillion light years in 0.00001 seconds and it still wouldn't be infinite speed.
Wouldn't that be unquantifiably above MFTL then, just not infinite?

Let's say, not exactly zero, just within 0.0000000000000000000000000001 seconds completing multiple actions within that infinitesimal time frame?

Last edited:
...Jesus, I reeeeeaaaaaalllllly should've gone with trying to give GER Acasulity Type 4 first as a test thread instead of Infinite Speed. This is...harder than I thought it'd be.

The fact that GER blitzes Diavolo, a MFTL character, is why he's rated "At least MFTL, likely far higher". There's even notes about GER's speed on Giorno's page.

If you understand why this isn't sufficient evidence for Infinite speed I'd recommend just conceding.

...Jesus, I reeeeeaaaaaalllllly should've gone with trying to give GER Acasulity Type 4 first as a test thread instead of Infinite Speed. This is...harder than I thought it'd be.
Can I close the thread now?

It looks like you've conceded on it not being infinite speed now:

Let's say, not exactly zero, just within 0.0000000000000000000000000001 seconds completing multiple actions within that infinitesimal time frame?

Can I close the thread now?

It looks like you've conceded on it not being infinite speed now:
Maybe on that front, but I'd rather not let my first CRT be a failure. I still have a gut feeling this is a significant speed feat, just not Infinite Speed... So, I'll ask again, would completing multiple actions within an infinitesimal point in time be considered unquantifiably MFTL? If it's not, then I'll concede that this feat isn't important, but if it is...

Maybe on that front, but I'd rather not let my first CRT be a failure. I still have a gut feeling this is a significant speed feat, just not Infinite Speed... So, I'll ask again, would completing multiple actions within an infinitesimal point in time be considered unquantifiably MFTL? If it's not, then I'll concede that this feat isn't important, but if it is...

It's not Infinite Speed.

It's significant in terms of scaling (blitzing a character with MFTL speed), but as a feat nothing could be calc'd from it that's better than GER's current speed unless you stack calcs.

Good luck with your next CRT though, this is just a topic that's been gone over a lot.

I could try to calc this
If you take "Star Platinum can surpass the speed of light" statement from Part 6, combine it with King Crimson having an A in speed/being described as top-class in speed, and then try to calc either Giorno and GER moving to the sky or GER launching a rock at Diavolo (both of which were faster than Diavolo's reactions) then you might get a good feat.

Just eyeballing it I think the rock launch would be faster. Whether or not it'd be accepted is a different matter of course.

If you take "Star Platinum can surpass the speed of light" statement from Part 6, combine it with King Crimson having an A in speed/being described as top-class in speed, and then try to calc either Giorno and GER moving to the sky or GER launching a rock at Diavolo (both of which were faster than Diavolo's reactions) then you might get a good feat.

Just eyeballing it I think the rock launch would be faster. Whether or not it'd be accepted is a different matter of course.
GER's rock shooting feat could definitely be calced, not so sure about the movement feat. In fact, I don't even think that movement feat even CAN be calced out in the first place.

Last edited:
Hm, I've been looking at the definitions for Unquantifiable as a label on this wiki, and I think...it should be perfect for GER's movement speed. Hear me out for a second.

We know GER is far faster than King Crimson, that fact is obvious. We also know that Diavolo, a MFTL being, couldn't even fathom GER's movements before the stand reappeared behind him. Looking back at the clip I linked again and again on my part, as well as reading the manga. We understand that Diavolo never took his eyes off GE's casing, even for a second. Between the point where pieces of GE's casing flew into the air, and the scene cuts to King Crimson's face. I sorta eyeballed that the timeframe GER had to move in was far less than a milisecond, completing at least two to three completely imperceptible actions within that unimaginable time frame. I know that this is extremely, extremely fast, I just don't know HOW fast this really is. Technically speaking, this should EASILY be in the upper echelons of MFTL+.
Unquantifiably above MFTL+, anyone?

It's unlikely that GER is unquantifiably faster than King Crimson, because Diavolo could still foresee his Stand punching a hole through Giorno when he received a vision of how their fight would turn out.

It's unlikely that GER is unquantifiably faster than King Crimson, because Diavolo could still foresee his Stand punching a hole through Giorno when he received a vision of how their fight would turn out.
Oh, I have a little something for that prediction in my Acausality thread I'm working on for GER. Had to find a reason around it, and I did!

doesnt ger already have infinite speed
That's for his ability, not movement speed. Wanted Infinite Speed to be added, but can't always get what you want... I'm nothing if not flexible though, so I'll settle for the next best thing... Just have to explain King Crimson's final prediction, and how, unbeknownst to Diavolo, another culprit was behind GER's impaling. He thought he outpaced GER and impaled him, but given how fate, his own ability, and a potential adding of Acausility Type 4 in the mix all added in to the pot of what actually happened. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Diavolo doesn't have any canonical statements comparing him to the SoL
He's actually said to be among the fastest of all stands but sure.

Best thing you can get for KC and Diavolo is maybe Supersonic due to Mista's bullets
Ignoring how Mista's bullets get accelerated far beyond basic bullet speed when redirected (Most obvious example is Kraftwerk, where kicking the bullet actively caused it to get a burst of speed beyond the standard velocity), him deflecting that shit would be easy MHS even if they only were basic. The fact he upscales off of Chariot, and a **** ton of other Stands from the same part that treats automatic machinegun fire like dogshit says a lot, Little Feet for example is easily High Hypersonic just based off Aerosmith. Thinking on it, could probably cook something up for explosions too for Part 5.
SP is supposed to be the top dog of the verse, and KC is like a "maybe he's up there" with the whole first-class speed
Funnily enough, the very same the very same source that lists that for King Crimson's stats, also uses the exact same kanji when talking about Plat's. The only two in the guide described like that. To be FTL, you don't need to surpass Plat, just being in the same ballpark puts you above several SOL Stands.
Blatantly incorrect.
Diavolo explicitly says he couldn't see it, and the ONLY reason he dodged, was because he saw the hole spontaneously appear in his hand within the vision, as in, he didn't react to GER, he reacted to the damage said attack he couldn't react to caused, and proceeded to actively dodge ahead of time. Guides confirm this saying "not even the super-speed King Crimson can perceive his attacks".
GER 100% absolutely raw dogs the **** out of King Crimson to the point it isn't even funny, there is no "unlikely", he is both stated, shown and straight up is unquantifiably far beyond him.

All this withstanding, this isn't Infinite wtf, it's just "dude is so fast he blitzed other dude", it was a hefty blitz yeah, before the punch could even land, he vanished and moved behind him like 5~ meters. But that's all it is, a blitz, as one would expect from the god tier of the verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back