• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite speed revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all Infinite speed. If one feat is more impressive than the other, it’ll simply be higher into the tier, much like how 2.5c is higher into FTL than 1.7c despite both being under the FTL tier
Wait how can you get a higher end feat of infinite? (No scaling or multiplers involved or I did this casually effort involved)

Wait how can you get a higher end feat of infinite? (No scaling or multiplers involved or I did this casually effort involved)
One way is crossing an infinite distance faster than someone else.
As you reach the end of an infinite distance sooner than they do.

Both are infinite speed, but one moves an infinite distance sooner than another; making them "faster".

If one feat is more impressive than the other, it’ll simply be higher into the tier, much like how 2.5c is higher into FTL than 1.7c despite both being under the FTL tier
Thats literally all im trying to argue here, im not saying they're not infinite speed, but treating them as the same type is wrong because one is obviously more impressive than the other

Thats literally all im trying to argue here, im not saying they're not infinite speed, but treating them as the same type is wrong because one is obviously more impressive than the other
No. We don't put 2.5c in a different tier than 1.7c simply for being "obviously more impressive."

It'll just be higher into the same tier. As is the case here.

It massively influences a vs battle, and therefore should be noted imo.
For example, Kojiro from fate uses an attack that makes 3 simultaneous slashes, but he cannot make more than 3 slashes, as he doesn't have the strength of the original.
Saber kojiro however, can use an infinite amount of slashes at the exact same time. The latter is obviously superior to the former.

For example, Kojiro from fate uses an attack that makes 3 simultaneous slashes, but he cannot make more than 3 slashes, as he doesn't have the strength of the original.
Saber kojiro however, can use an infinite amount of slashes at the exact same time. The latter is obviously superior to the former.
That seems fine in Universe, but outside of it the logic doesn't fly here.

That seems fine in Universe, but outside of it the logic doesn't fly here.
A lot of series have that same logic, I doubt authors have this wiki's standards of infinite speed in mind when creating those feats. Infinite speed isnt even supposed to be possible to begin with so the logic surrounding it is weird to begin with

A lot of series have that same logic, I doubt authors have this wiki's standards of infinite speed in mind when creating those feats. Infinite speed isnt even supposed to be possible to begin with so the logic surrounding it is weird to begin with
i usually dont use the author intent argument, but im pretty sure most authors dont think about their characters crossing universes when attacking and moving instant between two finite locations

Poor elaboration on my part, I meant if that's how the feat in Universe, is treated as Superior then Prime Kojiro, then he can in deed be rated as higher (or whatever rating that gets, that's besides the point here) than baseline for his feat, being treated as superior to his old self. So with in Universe logic this is fine and it could definitely pass.

but if someone else from another series preformed the same feat as prime Kojiro they'd just be rated a baseline.

moving an infinite distance in 0 time is exactly the same as moving a finite distance in 0 time

if you used the speed formula AT ALL you'd understand that dividing by 0 leads to infinite speed, but clearly you dont understand
Fiction sometimes makes no sense and characters cross infinite space under unspecified X amount of time. To my understanding this forum rates those as eventually infinite. MiH is example of something that accelerates to infinity...every time I hear Transfinite Speed, feels like this is what people are getting at, because infinite acceleration is the only way someone should ”take time to cross infinite distance. At any rate, because it's never worded or worked right, I see the reason for outrage.
P.S. .........division by 0 is undefined.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back