• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

how high are the dbz/dbs 4-b characters after the cell saga?

In spite of the name, I'm pretty sure that doing that is still considered 4-B, because A) solar systems vary in size and composition--destroying a solar system with only a couple of planets isn't nearly as impressive as destroying our own, and B) you could multiply the energy needed to destroy our Solar System five times over and the resultant explosion still wouldn't be nearly enough to reach the nearest star over, which is 9? or 12? light years away.

Korudo Daio said:
In spite of the name, I'm pretty sure that doing that is still considered 4-B, because A) solar systems vary in size and composition--destroying a solar system with only a couple of planets isn't nearly as impressive as destroying our own, and B) you could multiply the energy needed to destroy our Solar System five times over and the resultant explosion still wouldn't be nearly enough to reach the nearest star over, which is 9? or 12? light years away.
Isn't it just 2.5 ly away?

Mand21 said:
Korudo Daio said:
Isn't it just 2.5 ly away?
I was misremembering. I googled it:

"Nearest Star: As already noted, the closest star to our Solar System is Proxima Centauri, which is why it makes the most sense to plot an interstellar mission to this system first. As part of a triple star system called Alpha Centauri, Proxima is about 4.24 light years (or 1.3 parsecs) from Earth."

...even so. chances are even at 44x baseline you're not going to also destroy Alpha Centauri just by destroying our Solar System.

Yeah, that's because Alpha Centauri destruction is calced by having an explosion start on the middle of both stars.

Mand21 said:
Yeah, that's because Alpha Centauri destruction is calced by having an explosion start on the middle of both stars.
Nah, not what I meant. I mean, there's not enough energy in 1 kiloFOE to create an explosion large enough to consume not only our Solar System, but also the triple star system of Alpha Centauri.

Oh, yeah. Definitely not. It takes a hell lot more than that.

Where did ya get this 1 kilofoe value from, tho?

Back