• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Houston, we have another problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the statement that claims Mario as 4-A with powerstars. Powerstars only appear in three games! And it was not with his own strength, he was powered up by a luma! And the so called "Galaxies" are not galaxies in conventional terms, they follow Merriam-Webster's second definition of galaxy "an assemblage of brilliant or notable persons or things" which is what they are. An assemblage of planetoids and cosmic objects. And even though I'm not doing any measuring, I'm guesstimating based on when I played Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 that these "galaxies" are about the size of towns or large citys or even small islands. I would also guesstimate the Tournament of Power statium. And if I were to classify the "galaxies" correctly in AP conventional terms I'd classify them as minature planet systems similar to our own but are way wackerier. And the speed feat of Mario, that also had the help of the luma. And also consistantly in all of the Mario games I've seen him take damage from lava, spikes, bombs, koopa troopas, goombas, fire, thwomps, etc. So I'm requesting whether to fix this mess up or explain it to me.

I thought it was agreed to not use the power stars period? Werent they supposed to be downgraded to High 4-C some time ago?

Well, there were some mixed discussions, but DRB has been inactive. On one hand, it is true that most of the "4-A" feats in Mario are more like High 4-C. But, actually, those galaxies not being the size of galaxies is just limitations due to game mechanics. I heard something about possible separate keys for base and Power Star Mario. High 4-C | 3-C

But I said above that they were not technically galaxies but more like planet systems. And here is another reason to support my claim. I can't find the image but the level selections for Super Mario Galaxy looked a lot like solars systems. And I would like to see a feat from Mario were he is not getting help from the little luma.

p.s. I did some calculations on some of the older Mario games and Mario was consistently shown to be 9-B to 9-A

Its said that we are waiting for mario tennis aces to come out sincr that it has showed some feats. And the paper mario page is gonna be added back to the main mario page since its the same character. Also @Hagane thats a huge wank of your calculations

9-B to 9-A for Mario is downplay; limitations due to game mechanics is the absolute worst reason to downplay a character. That's like saying Cloud is Building level or that Crono is 9-A. In fact, it's like using this video to downgrade Superman to Street level. Also, Mario Galaxy 2 makes them look more like real galaxies; as you can see spirals containing galaxy clusters and multiple stars. While they still look small for galaxies, that's still just limitations due to game mechanics and toon logic.

Also, "planet systems" bro im pretty sure that it's been stated multiple times that they are galaxies + game limitations, same reason why the castle in Mario World is small

ROLVeBloxxer said:
Also, "planet systems" bro im pretty sure that it's been stated multiple times that they are galaxies + game limitations, same reason why the castle in Mario World is small
plural gal┬Àax┬Àies

1 a often capitalized : milky way galaxy — used with the

b : any of the very large groups of stars and associated matter that are found throughout the universe

2 a : an assemblage of brilliant or notable persons or things a galaxy of artists

b : world remained galaxies apart on the issue — Newsweek

Of course I did not say exactly that they wer not galaxies, I more mean they fit one definition better than another. But we can assume for the moment that they fit the 1st definition.

And I would like to see any feats/powerscaling from Mario outside of the Galaxy series if that is possible because Mario had help from Little Luma. And I'd like very much for it to be consistent. Okay?

Luma's a literally just baby planets, stars, Cosmos, Power Stars, Galaxies, ect. Grand Stars are also >>>> Power Stars, which Mario dealt with Bowser Junior's Grand Star Powered Ships.

As for other feats, they're mostly Large Star level, but Yoshi created a Star Constellation in Yoshi's Island in his fight with Raphael the Raven. Mario 64 uses the same Power Stars as the galaxy games, and he consistently fights bosses that created realms containing a star, which are destroyed when Mario defeats those bosses. There's also the Raining Stars thing in Paper Jam, the controversial game regarding Paper Mario's lore. Dreamy Luigi also manipulates Star Constellations, which Mario scales to. Luigi also defeated King Boo, who created a realm containing many stars.

Dino Ranger Black is dealing with Mourning at the moment, RL family related. But he'll take care of it at some point.

@Dark The constellation Yoshi created consisted of a single star, and constellation feats are almost always High 4-C

@Weekly I know, I've read previous threads, and I even said they were Large Star level.

Whoops did I say 2 games, I meant 3, and didn't I ask to look at Mario games that don't have power stars. And to me the power stars and grand stars are more like super charged batteries than exactly stars per se. For King Boo, well he has consistently been state to be "The Master of Illusions" so that realm might not be real. It could be instead the Mario Bros' equivalent to Itachi's tsukuyomi but the difference is that King Boo allowed it for Luigi to physically battle him in the illusion, and the only ways to break out of it is by beating King Boo.

And Dreamy Luigi should be getting his own page because he is a separate avatar/character from the original Luigi. And I like him in being 4-d. Plus the Dream World can be rather weird, just saying.

And for yoshi, I think that constellation may have already existed, plus the Yoshi series is sort of a gag series like Dr. Slump so there are feats that don't make sense. And that scene of Raphael the Raven turning into a star, that looks more to me of someone in a cartoon being throw out into the distance and glinting.

Power Stars would still have Stellar Gravitation Binding Energy and stuff like that. Plus, there's a calc of Power Stars creating Black Holes calc'd at Large Star level+. King Boo's 4-A is admittedly hard to judge, but DRB did give some arguments to call that a legit feat.

Dreamy Luigi if he were to get his own profile, would likely be 2-B actually since he scales to Zeemaster and Antasma, but those are massive outliers for Mario. But DRB mentioned in an earlier thread why he doesn't get his own profile.

The Constellation wasn't there before he launched Raven, and gag feat doesn't excuse it from being a feat. It's not different from Popeye's feat that was accepted. Also, Arale is Star level. Plus it's consistent with other Tier 4 feats.

Or like I said for King Boo it could have been just some Mario Bros equivalent to genjutsu. I mean King Boo is "the Master of Illusions" and the realm that Luigi and King Boo fought in was said to be "The Ultimate Illusion."

Dreamy Luigi is a separate character created by Luigi's Dreams.

Which is luigi manifested from '''Luigi's''' dreams not only that he interacts and talks to mario throughout the all of dream worlds but thats an opinion

I said that Dreamy Luigi might be an avatar.

And the similar priciple also applies to Paper Mario, not only is he a separate entity, but the crystal stars only appeared in one game in the Paper Mario series. And it also counts as using an item or person (I'm looking at you little Luma) so his 4-A feat does not count.

Also the Massively FTL+ feat, THAT HELP FROM THE LUMA SO IT DOES NOT COUNT!!!

Bowser's meteors where Massively FTL+ which Mario dodged. And those Meteors were faster than the Massively FTL+ Starship.

When I keep saying that the Little Luma helped out, I meant that the Luma Amped up his tier/power level so Mario could do that feat disqualifing base Mario as Massively FTL+. And it was no ordinary Luma, it was probably the most powerful luma.

If I'd make a key for Mario I'd put Base|Powered by Young Master Luma|Powered by Power Stars

Maybe replay the beginnings of the galaxy games, Rosalina at least implies that Mario's power/tier would be amped through the luma.

super Mario galaxy 2's ending seems to be going against you on that Hagane.

after the luma leaves Mario he is still capable of driving the MFTL+ starship and he is capable of traveling to parts of levels that would require the launch star to get there and also for Mario to get to the planets he's visiting while on his way back to the mushroom kingdom also would require Mario to use launch stars to even get to these places.

The only thing the little Luma does is enable Mario to punch, and that only applies to the 1st Galaxy game. The 2nd galaxy game retcons all that even after the luma's departure. Not to mention Luigi actually manages to find his way to the Starship all on his own in the 2nd galaxy game.

So might we all agree that the profiles need to get downgraded? Perhaps we should start editing

But these are the arguements I'm going for against any 4-A

1. Mario was amped by Luma

2. King Boo was using genjutsu on Luigi

3. Power stars only appeared in 3 games

4. Paper Mario was also amped

5. Cystral Stars only appeared in one games

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
So might we all agree that the profiles need to get downgraded?
They should probably be High 4-C. But we shouldn't go by your ridiculous logic that Mario being "consistently" harmed by shit like Goombas is an accurate representation of his power.

Marionaruto1 said:
super Mario galaxy 2's ending seems to be going against you on that Hagane.

after the luma leaves Mario he is still capable of driving the MFTL+ starship and he is capable of traveling to parts of levels that would require the launch star to get there and also for Mario to get to the planets he's visiting while on his way back to the mushroom kingdom also would require Mario to use launch stars to even get to these places.
Hate to break it to you but even after I got to the ending of Galaxy 2 I see the Luma pop out of Mario's hat whenever he spins. And this is after he "leaves.".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back