• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homestuck Mid-Tiers downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, our Homestuck Mid-Tiers are High 4-C for Gamzee tanking a black hole. However, I have a few problems with it

Gamzee was in a fridge
Gamzee was locked up in a fridge the hole time. The Fridge tanked the black hole, not Gamzee.

Gamzee time traveled out of there
I recall reading on the MSPA wiki that Gamzee used some weird artifact to time travel out of the fridge. So he coun't have broke out of the fridge and escape the black hole

It's an outlier
Simple. What other High 4-C feats do we have with the Mid-Tiers?

It's a violation of Black Hole feats
Black Hole Feats in Fictio states that tanking a black hole isn't quantifiable "Now out of the reasons stated above a regular 3-dimensional character would get destroyed when approaching the singularity (the center of the black hole). The tidal forces would become infinite and he or she would be destroyed no matter how high his or her durability is. As such, since saying that a characters durability is infinite is usually an enormous outlier, surviving a singularity can extremely seldom be taken as a durability feat. It can only be understood as a feat for resistance against black holes."

The Black hole was small
It comes from a head, and is smaller than a planet that might even be planet sized.

Conclusion
We cannot ranked Gamzee and all who scale to High 4-C based on the black hole feat for these reasons. The Mid-Tiers go somewhere to 5-A or 5-B.

The fridge didn't tanked anything and he didn't have the timetables at the time.

A black hole of 3 km is comparable to the sun tho.

For outlier, the same can be say for the current low tier and for the supposes 5-A/5-B feats.

The black hole singularity actually do the BFR, like Caliborn's black hole.

I'm neutral however.

Question: Do we have an actual calc for 5-A/5-B? I feel like that should be our priority if High 4-C isn't legitimate.

It's either gonna be High 6-C or 6-C. Apparently, High 6-C is 300x > 6-C, and 6-C for homestuck is only a little bit above baseline. However, the 6-C comes from Dave cutting the chain, not the planets themselves. High 6-C could come from scaling to John's windstorm

still wondering why Lands are like 6-C sized when Earth was one of the lands in Caliborn's game. Also, the lands that came out of Skaia in Caliborn's game were calculated to be mars sized :ded:

That's actually a fair point. Not to mention, we already ignore WOG when it contradicts actual calcs and feats so....

Caliborn's is Earth C, which was never shown, said or implied to be equal to Earth (the fact that it's treated as a land actually prove this point).

Also, I obviously disagree with the "fanmade calcs>canon info" especially when Andrew stated in book 2, page 352 "In any case, things have different presentations in HS all the time. Usually characters but sometimes environments too I guess. They range from simplistic and abstract to literal and detailed depending of thr whims of the artist and the needs of the story. Is there any concrete "truth" behind any representation? Can any "real" appearance of anything even be said to exist? Somewhere, Plato is weeping. Because he's ******* dead and can't tell how dumb I'm being.

Nah

They just are supposed to destroy the battlefield over time because of Reckoning. Idk what people considered this as something 5-B.

Well, I have a few issues with that then.

1. Unless Sollux has shown to be stronger than literally all the meteors at once, I don't see how he should scale to all of them.

2. When the meteors destroyed the Earth, all they did was destroy all life on Earth. Which would push this feat more towards High 6-A then anything.

I remember Sollux has a feat of interacting with the meteors. Can that be calc'd for AP?

Damn. I know we have other scans of what individual meteors can do though. Should we scale the mid-tiers to them?

...Lower than 8-A? That suprises me.

Regardless, that meteor still would have caused immense damage if Bec hadn't countered it, as shown in the lab monitor. I think it can still be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back